Sonic Unleashed

Ill admit, the old sonic run collect coins and dodge enemy games were brilliant. But they started to bring the same games out in 3D graphics... surely they could do something more appealing?

Warmaster said:
Anyone remember the old Sonic the Comic? (The British one) Best characterisation of Super Sonic ever! (Indeed, after a few issues, the most adult sonic series ever!)

Ah nostalgia... :)

You have no idea how much I loved that series...

6954451a6305258267l.jpg

Warmaster said:
Anyone remember the old Sonic the Comic? (The British one) Best characterisation of Super Sonic ever! (Indeed, after a few issues, the most adult sonic series ever!)

That was a good comic, i loved the way they redone the Metal Sonic character so that there was hundreds of them in their own little Metalix Brotherhood. My and my friend even started working on our own stories. But yeah that version of Super Sonic was the best i've seen so far :)

Since this is turning into a general sonic thread.

I got two questions:

1) Anyone got that Sega Tennis game? Since it looks good, and I'm glad some of Sega's other franchises are getting used. [Lack of Shenmue, BOO]

2) Shadow is in that game but why no Knuckles? Fail.

Lupus Inu said:

I got two questions:

1) Anyone got that Sega Tennis game? Since it looks good, and I'm glad some of Sega's other franchises are getting used. [Lack of Shenmue, BOO]

I have it on Wii - it's actually great fun - even the mini-games are fun, tennis-themed versions of classic SEGA games (I never thought it possible to combine tennis with Chu Chu Rocket or Puyo Pop). Unfortunately, the Sonic-themed mini-game is absolute crap (and hardly Sonic-themed at all), but the rest are great.

Yeah, Knuckles should be in it. But if you're a Mega Drive fan, you may find a few surprising characters can be unlocked...

Also, any game with tracks from the Jet Set Radio soundtrack wins instantly.

Lupus Inu said:

I got two questions:

Yeah, I have it. And its awesome. Though at first it may seem easy, trust me, it DOES get harder. I couldnt stop yelling and swearing at the TV against Alex Kidd earlier. And Shadow is in it, and awesome. Knuckles does appear in the background of the sonic level though :lol: Eggman and Amy are there though. And, one of my favorites, Gilius from Golden Axe (though, no golden axe based stage!!)
The 'power' shots or whatever they are meant to be called work, they dont auto win you the point, and can be defended, but equally you dont have a long cut scene to use one, so it keeps the game going fluently.

I think its awesome :) :)

Espy said:
Warmaster said:

You have no idea how much I loved that series...

6954451a6305258267l.jpg

I probably do, I adored it as well, used to have up to about issue 120. However a couple of years ago I found an internet archive with every single comic on o_O Read the whole lot. Save the first few issues it all stands up brilliantly. However the internet archive died :(

Still, was great while it lasted.

Espy said:
Yeah, Knuckles should be in it. But if you're a Mega Drive fan, you may find a few surprising characters can be unlocked...

Spyro201 said:
I couldnt stop yelling and swearing at the TV against Alex Kidd earlier. And, one of my favorites, Gilius from Golden Axe (though, no golden axe based stage!!)

Note the subtle differences in the ways we tried to keep the unlockable characters secret...

It's not as if they haven't already been talked about in every magazine feature about the game.

Spoiling the story of a game is crappy, but talking about unlockable characters that are common knowledge isn't a big deal at all.

...and the post you quoted "spoiled" Shadow being in anyway. ;)

Yeah, but no-one cares about Shadow.

I knew it was common knowledge, but I didn't want to risk ruining it for someone who didn't want to know.

Lupus Inu said:
God damn I hate Shadow the Hedgehog, why couldn't he have just died in SA2?

Because the eight-year-olds love him. To be fair, he's not as terrible a character as everyone says. He just gets a lot more hate because he's emo ]=

Espy said:
Lupus Inu said:

Because the eight-year-olds love him. To be fair, he's not as terrible a character as everyone says. He just gets a lot more hate because he's emo ]=

u'd love him if he started cutting his wrists with chaos emeralds ;)

Lupus Inu said:
He was good in SA2, then he just got ruined. Also, what the hell happened to Rogue the bat?

She was in Sonic Rivals 2 and she'll be in Sonic Chronicles. Was she not a secondary character in STH too?

Forget Rouge, she annoys me. When is Mighty making a comeback? I'm really hoping that Bioware will put him in Chronicles. And it would also be awesome if they put in some SatAM cameos, but that may be wishful thinking.

Lupus Inu said:

Whats the deal with Shadow anyway? Isn't the anti-Sonic position filled by Knuckles? I haven't kept up much with Sonic since Sonic Adventures on the Dreamcast.

Back