Sometimes unexpected things happen

Buzz201 said:
If nobody has tried to access your twitter and you haven't changed your password, do it now. As once they get in, you may not be able to kick them out...
I grant that doing so is a worthwhile venture. I dread to think what those with ill intent could do with my Twitter account.

Worse still, imagine if my employer found it!

(To provide context, over the last week I submitted far more tweets in the office than lines of serviceable code.)

Only just found out that this was worse than the usual down time! Thankfully I stumbled upon Ruis link to here.

Is it a case of we're starting from scratch then with regards to threads etc, or is there a possibility of salvaging older threads/getting the old forum back? I was going to get the Anime Limited thread up and running but thought the effort required warranted me asking first!

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any contact with people who haven't reappeared yet? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking people like Quaiz and Smeelia, who may not know the full extent of the attack.

britguy said:
Only just found out that this was worse than the usual down time! Thankfully I stumbled upon Ruis link to here.

Is it a case of we're starting from scratch then with regards to threads etc, or is there a possibility of salvaging older threads/getting the old forum back? I was going to get the Anime Limited thread up and running but thought the effort required warranted me asking first!

Glad to see familiar faces making it across :)

It's best to start from scratch for now, sadly. The technical folks are working on things in the background but the chance of restoring the previous forum in its entirety to return to business as usual is close to zero at the moment. If you notice any missing features which bother you please shout out; let's make this backup solution as comfy as we can for the near future until they're ready for us back over at the main site again.

R

Nice to see more people finding their way here, it's so quite..... :( lol strange to think that all the old site is most likely gone, I hope more users still return when the other site is back.

Only thing I can think of that I'd like to see added is having the name of the post that was added to in the "Last Post" part. I'm awful at explaining things but I hope someone knows what I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter just now with such a small amount of threads on the site at the moment.

Buzzkillington said:
Nice to see more people finding their way here, it's so quite..... :( lol strange to think that all the old site is most likely gone, I hope more users still return when the other site is back.

Only thing I can think of that I'd like to see added is having the name of the post that was added to in the "Last Post" part. I'm awful at explaining things but I hope someone knows what I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter just now with such a small amount of threads on the site at the moment.

I tried adding this, does it look ok?

R

Rui said:
Buzzkillington said:

I tried adding this, does it look ok?

R
Yeah it looks good, only difference is they aren't clickable links like they used to be but again, while the thread count is low it's not an issue. Thanks, you're real fast at this lol.

Buzzkillington said:
Yeah it looks good, only difference is they aren't clickable links like they used to be but again, while the thread count is low it's not an issue. Thanks, you're real fast at this lol.

You can click the little picture of a page next to the username to jump to the newest post if that helps :)

R

Rui said:
Buzzkillington said:

You can click the little picture of a page next to the username to jump to the newest post if that helps :)

R
Oh, perfect! Many thanks!

Rui said:
I'm really Rui from the AUKN forums and this backup forum isn't a trap to harvest details or anything - but if you're not sure, feel free to hit me up on Twitter or by email and I can confirm.
The 5-page-long Jerome thread is proof enough, wouldn't you say? If not, I think the fact that half of it is off-topic just about does it. :D

Anyway, thanks for setting this up, I managed to get here through Twitter. Speaking of which... Apparently I am now a woman, my name is Victoria and I tweet raunchy pictures. Why anyone would bother with my Twitter account is beyond me, I litterally signed up to retweet something for a contest a few years ago and that's it. Heh. I don't think it was related to AUKN though.

So uh, is there a way to stop emails coming in every time someone posts in a thread I posted in? Not a huge issue really, just curious.

*Never mind, I think I worked it out.

*Or not....lol

Buzzkillington said:
So uh, is there a way to stop emails coming in every time someone posts in a thread I posted in? Not a huge issue really, just curious.

You can change "Notify me when a reply is posted" for each post you make (below this box). If it's on by default that's adjustable in Settings. I think it still tracks replies on the board even if you turn the option off, it just doesn't alert you.

BlackStrat said:
The 5-page-long Jerome thread is proof enough, wouldn't you say? If not, I think the fact that half of it is off-topic just about does it. :D

Haha. Sucks to hear about your Twitter account :(

R

Rui said:
Buzzkillington said:

You can change "Notify me when a reply is posted" for each post you make (below this box). If it's on by default that's adjustable in Settings. I think it still tracks replies on the board even if you turn the option off, it just doesn't alert you.
Yeah I worked it out, the reason I thought it hadn't worked was because I didn't remove the posts that I was already subscribed to. Seems to work now, thanks.

Hey Rena, nice to see some more familiar faces drifting in.

I can't help but think some people who use even less social media than I do are going to be completely lost, but I guess the old site has a redirect now.

ayase said:
Hey Rena, nice to see some more familiar faces drifting in.

I can't help but think some people who use even less social media than I do are going to be completely lost, but I guess the old site has a redirect now.

Yeah, I think there are a few people we're still waiting on. For instance, Gemsy and Smeelia are still yet to sign up over here.

The odd thing is that these forums currently have 16 registered users online. I don't recall ever seeing that many before.

edit: 17...

edit 2: 18 (yahoo bot doesn't count)

Back