Sometimes unexpected things happen

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
I set this up in a hurry as an alternative place for us to chat while the main site is fixed. I'll make it nicer later. Old content is gone for now, sorry.

Thank you for getting a new forum up so quickly, Rui. It may not look much bit it's better than nothing :)

Anyway, looks like Chaos has taken the hackers page down, so might be on its way to recovery. Makes me wonder how much we've lost, both in terms of posts and reviews/articles. Hopefully Chaos backed up on the regular.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Thank you for getting a new forum up so quickly, Rui. It may not look much bit it's better than nothing :)

Anyway, looks like Chaos has taken the hackers page down, so might be on its way to recovery. Makes me wonder how much we've lost, both in terms of posts and reviews/articles. Hopefully Chaos backed up on the regular.

I'll make it a bit fancier here tonight, hopefully, so we can all get comfortable. Chaos isn't sure on an ETA for any restoration but there are still things we can do in the meantime.

I love how quickly getting a familiar avatar was on your priority list (lol).

R

Rui said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I'll make it a bit fancier here tonight, hopefully, so we can all get comfortable. Chaos isn't sure on an ETA for any restoration but there are still things we can do in the meantime.

I love how quickly getting a familiar avatar was on your priority list (lol).

R

I see. I hope Chaos signs up here so he can keep us informed. If not, I'm sure you can relay any updates.

And yes! Karen is always a top priority in any situation :p

At least Chaos has gotten to it now :)

Gotta be said that I'm loving how friendly and close knit this community is despite the problems, all chatting away on Twitter. 'Tis why I love it here. xD

I guess I should get onto a new avatar on here myself...

Bad Daru! Shame on you!

CkhAPreWYAAVdwl.jpg:small

Phew I can finally get on. Thanks Rui for fixing my username.

For a moment I thought I was to blame.

A7vEC7m.gif

But it appears I'm not the cause so I can relax.

Also this temporary forum reminds me of the one AUKN used to use before changing to the back-up one from July 2015.

NormanicGrav said:
Also this temporary forum reminds me of the one AUKN used to use before changing to the back-up one from July 2015.

I may have selfishly made this theme default for now because it doesn't have a mobile version which hides post data on the board index >_>;

You can pick a different skin in your User Control Panel I think.

I'm working on the theory that the attack was orchestrated by a band of vigilante Free! haters who were feeling threatened by all of the discussion about camaraderie and swimming.

R

Rui said:
I may have selfishly made this theme default for now because it doesn't have a mobile version which hides post data on the board index >_>;

I'm working on the theory that the attack was orchestrated by a band of vigilante Free! haters who were feeling threatened by all of the discussion about camaraderie and swimming.

R

Thanks for pointing out we could change it, I put the newer design back just because it's more friendly on mobile for my device. :)

I also back this idea of Free! haters, we were getting quite into that debate after all. :p

Rui said:
NormanicGrav said:

R
Maybe if Kyoto Animation would work on a K-ON! College/High School adaptation, we wouldn't be discussing their shows to the extent that it warrants such a reaction :p.

Joshawott said:
Maybe if Kyoto Animation would work on a K-ON! College/High School adaptation, we wouldn't be discussing their shows to the extent that it warrants such a reaction :p.

Or if someone had just finally licensed Hyouka we'd have been too busy debating how awesome that show is. :D

Hey thanks for the back-up Rui. I'm here now so i'll do what i can in and around things, if there is anything i can possibly do for the time being. My inbox is open at all times so holler if you need me! :)

Typical this happens when i'm actually on holiday :(

I know I've mentioned this on twitter but it really is lovely to see everyone banding together after this horrible incident.

Fingers crossed we haven't lost too much.

Thanks for setting up the backup board Rui. Sucks that this happened.

I've taken this as impetus to set up a password manager. Currently changing every single one of my passwords to something unintelligible. Long and arduous process, but should be worth it in the end.

I admit to being a pretty awful admin these past couple years. the stress of a new job and getting back into the land of life has been hard, but I'm going to do what i can to help out. I may never post as much as i used to(i posted a lot back in the day) but i make sure to keep track of everything on twitter, so even if i'm not on here lurking, i will be there. So i'll be lending a hand when i can. It's sad to see so much damage, especially with me being there just over 11 years now, but we can rebuild! ^^

Arbalest said:
I admit to being a pretty awful admin these past couple years. the stress of a new job and getting back into the land of life has been hard, but I'm going to do what i can to help out. I may never post as much as i used to(i posted a lot back in the day) but i make sure to keep track of everything on twitter, so even if i'm not on here lurking, i will be there. So i'll be lending a hand when i can. It's sad to see so much damage, especially with me being there just over 11 years now, but we can rebuild! ^^

shouldnt there be a backup if the site has been up for over 11 years? :s pretty lazy otherwise :(

latro said:
Arbalest said:

shouldnt there be a backup if the site has been up for 11 years? :s

It's been through multiple changes, upgrades and changes of hands in the time. To say it's been an easy going journey would be a bit understated. So hard to say, i never worked on the framework so i'm not sure honestly of the nitty gritty details. I mostly handled the forums, and from time to time the news reporting, reviewing(which i'm still surprised they let me do ^^;)

I jerkishly increased the avatar size back to what it was so for one glorious moment I can feel bigger and more important before everyone else realises.

R

Back