So what’s your MyAnimeList statistics?

Hit the big number lot sooner than i thought i would. I was expecting to hit 1000 before 2025 but certainly not so soon.

1000 jesus! what are your 10's, and do you still agree with them? I find tastes change over time.

Over how long is this as well in real life?

I'm up to 267 completed but it's getting harder to find good shows to watch beyond new seasonals.

I'm surprised at how few shows people are dropping. There's so much being made now that it feels like a waste of time to watch anything I wouldn't give at least a 7/10, so I drop a lot of shows after one episode. Sometimes I'll keep watching a 5/10 or 6/10 if it was a blind buy or if I want something to have on while I'm doing something else, but not often.
1662901358489.png
This is still missing my VHS collection and probably some mediocre stuff that forgot about after giving it to charity, so the actual completed figure is about 100 more than this.

I've dropped about 15% (47) of all shows started.

I tend to set my minimum bar at around 6/10 equivalent though.

Mentioned above but I'm definitely dropping more lately, I try not to watch stuff I'd consider 6/10 or lower but I've seen a lot of the highly rated shows, so naturally I'll drop more of the ones I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
1000 jesus! what are your 10's, and do you still agree with them? I find tastes change over time.

I think the top 10 seen in my MAL profile is pretty solid. Some of those i have seen multiple times so i know they still hold up but it's it's been very long time since i saw Evangelion and Wolf's Rain. I don't have doubts about Evangelion but i'm not so sure about Wolf's Rain.

But mow that i hit 1000's and i'm probably going to spent some time rewatching my past favorites.

Over how long is this as well in real life?

How long i'been watching anime kinda depends how you look at it. It was around 8-9th grade when i really discovered anime and started to seek out titles so it's been around 16-17 years of watching.

But before that i watched Dragon Ball Z and kid's shows like Moomin, Alfred J Quack, Tao, Tao and so forth. Silver Fang also was huge thing here in Finland in the 90's and most kids from that era know that title (on my top 10)

I'm up to 267 completed but it's getting harder to find good shows to watch beyond new seasonals.

I don't think i ever had this problem. I was lot pickier for damn sure and during my first 7 years i've only watched around 190 titles but then i really started to branch out and still have tons of shows on my watchlist.

I'm surprised at how few shows people are dropping. There's so much being made now that it feels like a waste of time to watch anything I wouldn't give at least a 7/10, so I drop a lot of shows after one episode. Sometimes I'll keep watching a 5/10 or 6/10 if it was a blind buy or if I want something to have on while I'm doing something else, but not often.

This is still missing my VHS collection and probably some mediocre stuff that forgot about after giving it to charity, so the actual completed figure is about 100 more than this.

Well in my case the drop count wouldn't be so low if it wasn't for the fact that i have deleted most of the shows that i' have seen 1-3 episodes before dropping.

Though i am still pretty bad when it comes to dropping shows but i'm starting to get more better at it :D

@Dai @Winkuru feel free to compare your MAL with mine (and add me as friend on there if you want!): Lordhippos's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Any recs are welcome, I'll consider anything, but you can get a feel for some of my fav kinds of anime hopefully. I don't tend to bother adding movies, just easier if I ignore them mostly in terms of watched status.

I freely admit I prefer more modern shows because the production is usually better, but I've seen some older stuff and liked it, so depends. I enjoyed FMP, Bokurano, NGE for example from older shows.

I did try Wolfs Rain but wasn't feeling it :(

Next up on my own to watch list is Lull in the Sea!

@Dai @Winkuru feel free to compare your MAL with mine (and add me as friend on there if you want!): Lordhippos's Profile - MyAnimeList.net

Any recs are welcome, I'll consider anything, but you can get a feel for some of my fav kinds of anime hopefully. I don't tend to bother adding movies, just easier if I ignore them mostly in terms of watched status.

I freely admit I prefer more modern shows because the production is usually better, but I've seen some older stuff and liked it, so depends. I enjoyed FMP, Bokurano, NGE for example from older shows.

I did try Wolfs Rain but wasn't feeling it :(

Next up on my own to watch list is Lull in the Sea!

Tough, tough. Some of the shows that i was about to recommend got pretty harsh scores from you :D (Planetes, Horimiya)

Well maybe give Paranoia Agent a try and perhaps Mononoke, but the latter on is really a hit or miss sort of show.

Tough, tough. Some of the shows that i was about to recommend got pretty harsh scores from you :D (Planetes, Horimiya)

Well maybe give Paranoia Agent a try and perhaps Mononoke, but the latter on is really a hit or miss sort of show.

I found Planetes wasn't interesting me, we had a simulwatch here and I tried a few eps before calling it quits.

Horimiya was OK but I disliked Hori's character, and that is kind of a bad thing when you're watching a show where she is one of the MC's.

I've seen Paranoia Agent, might be one I forgot to mark off. I liked it even if the ending went a bit weird, Satoshi Kon would have been making some very interesting shows/movies if we he was still going today.

Last edited:
Even if I do drop shows, I never mark them as dropped - I just completely wipe them off my profile altogether and act like they just never existed 😅
I find the dropped list useful for avoiding shows I've already tried when I'm browsing Crunchyroll's back catalogue. The first ten minutes of many anime are identical, so there have been times when I haven't realised I'm rewatching something I dropped previously until the end of episode 1. Seriously, how many shows start with this exact sequence: prophetic dream, wake up late for school, rush through breakfast with surviving parent, say goodbye to photo of deceased parent, meet childhood friend on the way to school, meet two other friends in the classroom.

Back