So What's Your Avatar Pic?

I see what you mean:
ergo-proxy-wallpaper-8.jpg

Yes, I like this! Currently sulking since being informed that trying to get a hold of the original NGE series is about as likely as growing another head, but this has cheered me up, I love the artwork! :)

It's rare to see a mainstream bands' song used in an anime, but I'm curious if there are any more examples.

Beethoven's "Ode To Joy" was used in NGE. Okay so he's not a band, but I bet Beethoven was pretty mainstream back in the day! :p

It's rare to see a mainstream bands' song used in an anime, but I'm curious if there are any more examples.
The Delgados are a Scottish band who did one of my favourite openings

Then you've got Boom Boom Satellites who've done all sorts. Duran Duran did Speedgrapher but that didn't get used outside Japan (same as Oasis). There's probably a lot more than people think, but that'd probably call for a separate thread.

The Delgados are a Scottish band who did one of my favourite openings

Then you've got Boom Boom Satellites who've done all sorts. Duran Duran did Speedgrapher but that didn't get used outside Japan (same as Oasis). There's probably a lot more than people think, but that'd probably call for a separate thread.
Duran Duran eh? That's interesting. I didn't count the Delgados because I don't think they were that successful commercially. It's certainly a fun idea for a thread.

Last edited:
Spyro The Dragon from the Spyro series love the games :)- Really hoping a Remaster comes out! Hoping the possible announcement in March is true.

Swapped to Gennosuke Kouga from basilisk as I needed reminding that basilisk is fantastic and the second series does not do it justice, at least as far as I have seen it thus far.

Back