So What's Your Avatar Pic?

So, I'm without an avatar pic at the moment. Anyone care to help me choose from two possibilities?

Some here may be familiar with the Japanese folktale of the red and blue oni, but if not, here's a quick extract from Wikipedia:

"Red Oni Who Cried" is a story of two oni, one red, the other blue. The red one wants to befriend humankind, but they are afraid of it, making the red oni cry. Knowing what the red oni wants, the blue oni devises a plan to make himself the villain by attacking the houses of the humans and allowing the red oni to save the humans from the blue oni, making the red oni a hero to the humans' eyes. After the humans see the red oni protect them from the blue oni, they determine that the red one is a good oni whom they would like to be friends with, which is what the red one wanted. Seeing this exchange, the blue oni decides to leave so as not to cause any misunderstanding with the humans. When the red oni decides to go home to his friend the blue oni, he notices that the blue oni is gone and realizes what the blue oni has done for him and cries from being touched by the blue oni's thoughtfulness and wonderful friendship.

Source: Oni - Wikipedia
(The last paragraph under the heading "Stories")

So, which should I have as my next Kyon avatar? The red oni or the blue oni?

Kyon red oni with horns.png

Kyon blue oni with horn.png

Last edited:
So, I'm without an avatar pic at the moment. Anyone care to help me choose from two possibilities?

Some here may be familiar with the Japanese folktale of the red and blue oni, but if not, here's a quick extract from Wikipedia:

"Red Oni Who Cried" is a story of two oni, one red, the other blue. The red one wants to befriend humankind, but they are afraid of it, making the red oni cry. Knowing what the red oni wants, the blue oni devises a plan to make himself the villain by attacking the houses of the humans and allowing the red oni to save the humans from the blue oni, making the red oni a hero to the humans' eyes. After the humans see the red oni protect them from the blue oni, they determine that the red one is a good oni whom they would like to be friends with, which is what the red one wanted. Seeing this exchange, the blue oni decides to leave so as not to cause any misunderstanding with the humans. When the red oni decides to go home to his friend the blue oni, he notices that the blue oni is gone and realizes what the blue oni has done for him and cries from being touched by the blue oni's thoughtfulness and wonderful friendship.

Source: Oni - Wikipedia
(The last paragraph under the heading "Stories")

So, which should I have as my next Kyon avatar? The red oni or the blue oni?

They told this story at the beginning of My Love Story!/Ore Monogatari!, it was really sweet... IDK which you should pick, but may I suggest you give him a lil horn on his head? :)

They told this story at the beginning of My Love Story!/Ore Monogatari!, it was rly sweet
Wow, really? 😯

I have that on Blu-ray, but I've yet to watch it. I did see the Japanese live-action movie version of it at the cinema a few years ago and enjoyed that. It didn't include a segment like that, though, I don't think.

Anyhow, I loved your suggestion, RadFem, so I went and edited my previous post with updated images. How are they now, do you think? The fashion seems to be one horn for the blue oni and two for the red, so I went with that.

Wow, really? 😯

I have that on Blu-ray, but I've yet to watch it. I did see the Japanese live-action movie version of it at the cinema a few years ago and enjoyed that. It didn't include a segment like that, though, I don't think.

Anyhow, I loved your suggestion, RadFem, so I went and edited my previous post with updated images. How are they now, do you think? The fashion seems to be one horn for the blue oni and two for the red, so I went with that.

Loving it! I'm honored that my suggestion was taken into account! :) My Love Story is a very cute romance anime (also has a great English dub), I'd def recommend it :) It's my PA's favourite anime of the ones I have shown him (that and Ranking of Kings) :)

Back