So, what's for lunch?

D1tchd1gger

Shrine Maiden
Thought I'd make a food thread. So whether you're cooking up a storm or eating a nice meal out, post your pics here. Oh and if you use a recipe from online why not post a link :)

a8276cb60e511047ed858dc3a034f936204b6302_hq.gif

It's bacon, onion, mushrooms and asparagus fried, then boiled in consommé soup with added pasta (looks like spaghetti). Then add milk and cheese (boil again) and top with pepper and parsley.
Sounds amazing!

I'd really like to try katsudon Katsudon (Pork Cutlet Rice Bowl) and okonomiyaki https://www.justonecookbook.com/okonomiyaki/(man those things look filling).

Asparagus is an awesome thing!

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd witness a fellow human expressing love for asparagus. 'Tis a great day ;)

Just to even it out a bit... asparagus is also evil. When raw. So woody and... horrible.

I'm not even gonna deny that, it's all fibery, like eating a mini tree! Has to be cooked just right. It's great when wrapped in bacon, and although I haven't tried it, it's apparently great with boiled eggs!

I'm not even gonna deny that, it's all fibery, like eating a mini tree! Has to be cooked just right. It's great when wrapped in bacon, and although I haven't tried it, it's apparently great with boiled eggs!

Totally agree about the cooking, up to the point of trying it raw I had only had it cooked just right... it was harmless curiosity... which I regret to this day!

Can’t agree with the bacon though, bacons just plain evil. Totally vile. (Hehe see what I did there?) will have to try it with boiled eggsies though.

Totally agree about the cooking, up to the point of trying it raw I had only had it cooked just right... it was harmless curiosity... which I regret to this day!

Can’t agree with the bacon though, bacons just plain evil. Totally vile. (Hehe see what I did there?) will have to try it with boiled eggsies though.

Haha, we live and learn valuable lessons. It takes a bit longer than some other veggies to get it right. Even as someone who likes veggies al dente, asparagus has to not feel like eating tree bark.

I like bacon, though I'm not crazy about it. Now fish, I love fish! I'm guessing many of you will have tried sushi and or sashimi? Somehow as much as I love fish I just don't know if I could eat it raw :S

I echo the al dente thing. Fish I like, not as much as chicken, personally I probably wont try sushi for the same reason I heat up stuff like steak; I’d rather not risk potential parasites. I admit it might seem a bit odd but some are nasty and I’d rather avoid them if possible.

I echo the al dente thing. Fish I like, not as much as chicken, personally I probably wont try sushi for the same reason I heat up stuff like steak; I’d rather not risk potential parasites. I admit it might seem a bit odd but some are nasty and I’d rather avoid them if possible.
This is the thing, I read about a chap who had worms from eating sashimi, but, I think it was ALL he ate, so, I guess there is a risk if you eat it all the time rather than just as a treat.

Of all the meats though I'd say chicken is my fave. I also like pork. Beef not so much, and I can't stand lamb! That said, I generally prefer veggies, and I could live without meat.

@~AyaMachi~ I’m mostly the opposite there, I must have meat! Mostly different tastes to you though. Whilst chicken is also my fave I have to say... pork is also evil! Beef is good as is lamb, kangaroo makes for a good burger, not so much as a steak. Crocodile I can take or leave, ostrich is pretty good but venison is heavenly!

I’ll stop waffling in about meat now.

I’m hungry now. Damnit.

Back