So, what's for lunch?

This morning I had a spaghetti and meatballs ready meal and full fat Greek yoghurt with honey and cocoa powder mixed into it, I also would like to take this opportunity to rave about MeatLiquor's cheese and onion fries which are utterly delicious in every conceivable aspect (and in spite of the restaurant's name they are vegetarian), they have this lovely nacho-ey cheese sauce on them plus crispy and pickled onion bits, I friggin love them and I also feel like it's one of those "side dishes" that's a meal in itself, I've had them 2 or 3 times over the last couple of months... yum! 🤤

I've always wondered what the appeal of bubble tea is? I like tapioca pudding but not in something I'd drink.

I just think it's rly tasty? I also tend to get a lot of lil jellies in it as well as the pearls and they have a lot of different pearl flavours in the bubble tea places in my city. Have you actually tried bubble tea? :)

EDIT: I doubt the end product tastes much like tapoica pudding when all the bubbles and jelly cubes have tropical flavours, and the tea is chocolate milk tea! (yes that's my favourite bubble tea flavour combo lol) ;)

Oh also while I'm sure it's still not a recommended diabetic food (to put it lightly) I like that they let you choose to an extent how sugary you want the base tea (at least at the bubble tea specific places, perhaps not if you're ordering it from a general dessert cafe that has a handful of bubble tea options on the menu but not lots and lots of them) :)

Last edited:
So yesterday I attended my Ham Radio club's monthly breakfast at a local diner that has a huge breakfast menu, with all kinds of unusual breakfast platters incuded on the menu. They even offer a Buffalo Hot Wing Breakfast, Crabcake Breakfast, Fried Catfish Breakfast, and my favorite which I always order - Giant Fried Oyster Breakfast! 6 huge fried oysters, 3 eggs, Homefries, and toast. I get my eggs sunny-side up, with rye toast, and drink 4-5 mugs of coffee along with it.

Haha, speaking of my least favorite condiment, they give you cocktail sauce for the oysters (yuck! ketchup!). Fortunately the horseradish mostly covers up the flavor and smell of the ketchup, so I can stomach using it, but even so I always ask for tartar sauce instead). I always eat half the meal and take the other half home with me for a second breakfast on Sunday morning. The breakfast comes out on two huge platters that barely fit on the table in front of me, lol. You can also see my 2m/70cm ham radio handy-talkie and my vial of ground super-hot Carolina Reaper hot peppers that I like to put on my eggs in the photo.

giantoysters.jpg

Saw a pre-prepped veg pack in my local supermarket and decided to get that plus some bacon lardons and double cream and make soup, I also used paprika, salt, pepper and Schwartz mixed herbs for seasoning, and boiled it all in water, it's rly nice just had a bowlful :)

Back