Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a social smoker

• No, I do not smoke

• Total voters
Kurogane said:
You stupid bastard...

Enjoy wasting massive amounts of cash. I am the voice of experience, listen to meeeeeeeeeeee.

I happily do spend masses of money, it is just I have better things to buy than little sticks that make ones teeth stain and reduces ones lungs to crap-filled, black tar-pits; which also permanently causes ones breath to smell like they have just came back from a barbeque that has served 2 year out-of-date smoked beef with a blend of concrete.

Anyway, the other reason that I do not smoke is because I appreciate wine. A smoker can never fully appreciate the taste of wine (Italian statement); because smoking stains their tongue with the ever resistant scent of 'road-work' taste.

I have never smoked a cigarette, but at Uni I did smoke a bit of dope a few times when joints were getting handed around. I can't say I got a taste for either tobacco or weed, which is a good thing as I have quite an addictive personality. Evidenced by like how when I get into something I am truly addicted, like at the moment with anime and manga and a few other hobbies just eating my time and money.

I am quite glad the smoking ban came in, as before I really did not feel like going out to places where everybody would be smoking as I hated that stale smoke smell and feel later on.

I have never smoked. Apart from a serious sweet tooth I try my best to give my body as easy a time as possible.

Other people are free to do what they like, though I prefer them to do it as far away from me as possible! My mum smoked when she was younger, she came from a family of 11 who all smoked, though thankfully she quit before she met my dad so I have never had to have a smoky home.

I can understand people who start to smoke through peer pressure at school, though I really can't understand how anyone makes the choice to take it up in later life. Though I also find the idea of regularly getting drunk hard to understand also, so I guess there is alot that eludes me.

Charter_Mage said:
I can understand people who start to smoke through peer pressure at school, though I really can't understand how anyone makes the choice to take it up in later life.

Throughout my education i've never been in a position where i've been pressured into smoking. The fact that none of my close friends smoke probably helps that. But despite this, as I said previously, i've found myself enjoying the smell and atmosphere of tobacco smoke recently. Though I understand what you mean. Previously when I hated the smell I couldn't understand why people smoked, but now it's an idea that doesn't seem so bad.

Maltos said:
Charter_Mage said:
I can understand people who start to smoke through peer pressure at school, though I really can't understand how anyone makes the choice to take it up in later life.

Throughout my education i've never been in a position where i've been pressured into smoking. The fact that none of my close friends smoke probably helps that. But despite this, as I said previously, i've found myself enjoying the smell and atmosphere of tobacco smoke recently. Though I understand what you mean. Previously when I hated the smell I couldn't understand why people smoked, but now it's an idea that doesn't seem so bad.

I guess for myself, i've had to put up with the smell of smoke for most of my life, so it was at a point where i hated being told i smelt of smoke when i didn't smoke myself. Though like you, none of my close friends actually smoke. They all drink yeah, but thats it. When it comes to drink though, i still am baffled as to how people can get to the point of being drunk, since i can only really stomach one drink tops, and its not exactly the most nicest tasting stuff in the world either.

I have never smoked and I never will. It has always been portrayed as a extremely bad habit in my eyes. One reason for this is the fact that no one in my family smokes which I can only say is a good thing. Another thing I hate about smoking is the smell.

I also think it is a waste of money, I mean why would anyone want to spend money on something that is only going to harm the body, cause cancer or worse death.

Arbalest said:
When it comes to drink though, i still am baffled as to how people can get to the point of being drunk, since i can only really stomach one drink tops, and its not exactly the most nicest tasting stuff in the world either.
I have to agree with you there. The most i've ever drunk on one occaision is one bottle; mainly because it's just not that nice tasting. Energy drinks such as Relentless and Red Bull, though, have clearly been my downfall...

EDIT//
Titan said:
....I mean why would anyone want to spend money on something that is only going to harm the body, cause cancer or worse death.
Same reason anyone does any dangerous or unhealthy activity: because they enjoy it (or after a while in this case, because they're addicted).

Maltos said:
Arbalest said:
When it comes to drink though, i still am baffled as to how people can get to the point of being drunk, since i can only really stomach one drink tops, and its not exactly the most nicest tasting stuff in the world either.
I have to agree with you there. The most i've ever drunk on one occaision is one bottle; mainly because it's just not that nice tasting. Energy drinks such as Relentless and Red Bull, though, have clearly been my downfall...

Hah, Relentless does it for me, can't stand Red Bull. Though i do like Irn Bru 32, RockStar and a couple others. It hardly has an affect on me now though =/

Arbalest said:
Hah, Relentless does it for me, can't stand Red Bull. Though i do like Irn Bru 32, RockStar and a couple others. It hardly has an affect on me now though =/

I don't mind the orange Rockstar, the white one is zomgwtfbbqhorrible. Sweet as hell. I couldn't finish one can in my life.

I steal one of someone in the pub every now and then and sometimes get a great buzz but not something i would do regularly costs way to much.

Arbalest said:

Currently on a 1 litre bottle of Kick; tesco's answer to the energy drink. I know they really can't be good for me, drinking so much, but they do taste delicious. I like most of them mind you; Red Bull, Relentless, Monster, Rockstar, and few other random varieties i've seen about (there was one I tried, in a tiny little red and silver can, like a miniture beer keg).
After a good few mouthfuls I still start to feel a little bit buzzy, haha.

Maltos said:
Titan said:
....I mean why would anyone want to spend money on something that is only going to harm the body, cause cancer or worse death.
Same reason anyone does any dangerous or unhealthy activity: because they enjoy it (or after a while in this case, because they're addicted).
This. Though in my case I'd say more enjoyment as thankfully I don't have an addictive personality - I just stopped one day and didn't buy / smoke any more. As with most so-called "vices", I think people just turn to them because they want something enjoyable in their otherwise crappy lives. And the government's going to eliminate all these little pleasures one by one until we're all their obedient, soul-crushed slaves. First it was drugs. Then it was non-homogenised milk with the cream on top. Now it's cigarettes. You can bet your bottom dollar alcohol will be next.

(You can choose to read this post in a choice of serious or overly dramatic for the sake of humour tones. I'm not exactly sure myself at this point.)

On second thoughts, read it in the style of Dale Gribble from King of The Hill. That should please everyone.

ayase said:
First it was drugs.
If it weren't for the illegality of it (and the difficulty obtaining a safe source which goes along with it), hallucinogens are something which have always appealed to me. The idea of them being used in a sort of meditative way interests me and just being able to experience things such as songs which are composed souding quite 'trippy' whilst in a normal state.

(Oh and apologies to everyone for deviating off topic somewhat, and the mods/admins if briefly discussing drugs steps over the line somehow!)

Wow, scarey stuff. It does actually sound like a nightmare.

I've read so many different stories of people trips and how they've been positive and negative, it's all really interesting. Still I think it's one thing about life is all about the experiences. Is always worth trying something once.

EDIT// one thing that's actually really appealing to me is Salvia. It's actually still legal in this country and aparently has very similar effects to LSD but the trip only last around 10-20 minutes. I know a few people who've tried it; one ending up having a great time the other ended up pissing himself...

All about the experiences... :lol:

Maltos said:
EDIT// one thing that's actually really appealing to me is Salvia. It's actually still legal in this country and aparently has very similar effects to LSD but the trip only last around 10-20 minutes. I know a few people who've tried it; one ending up having a great time the other ended up pissing himself...

All about the experiences... :lol:

Not sure about this cause i've never heard of Salvia but I do know that all the same if you're gonna want a job in a place that may deal with peoples lives, having taken a hallucinagenic just once ***** you up. You can relapse, or something. I'm not the one who knows much about this, it's a friend of mine who knows it all.

First it was drugs.

I don't belive banning drugs was a bad thing at all. I've known alot of people who take drugs and all have been wasters. Heck, someone very close to me (much older) was explaining how he used to take dope one time, and the best way to describe it, I was told was that it drains enthusiasm. He says the whole 'paranoia' etc. is basically balls, but all it does is drain your ambition and enthusiasm. He used to work in a **** job on minimum wage, he packed the dope in to have a family and settle down (Which was apperntly easy to pack in too) and then, after the family got through some crisis' he got to work on the Railway. Money is now spent on much better things, he's a much nicer person (From what I understand. I wasn't born when he was on dope) and he lives a happy life now. On the other hand, his friends, who still live near by, and still take the dope, are in the same dead end jobs with no ambition in life.

I admit it's ones own choice whether they want to waste thier life or not but- I feel it's the right thing to ban dope. However, of all drugs to be legalised, i'd say dope would be the safest.

Cocaine/Heroin on the other hand.... No.

//EDIT// Despite knowing this about dope... I'd still wanna try it once. Thankfully though, my other half wouldn't let me touch the stuff. I'd probably get hooked if I started, in truth.

Thing is, i'm all about choice. Proper testing and better education for people is needed on the subject of drugs, but I think if people want to try out these substances there should be safer ways of getting hold of it which if it was legal, there could be restrictions put on sale, etc which would make it safer overall.

Of course i'm not saying that is everything covered, because theres bound to be loads of angles that need looking at, but overall I support the idea of allowing people to have these substances.

Really though, I don't think the problem is that these vices are being eliminated, rather that people need them in the first place to escape from a ****** reality with all it's pointless social conventions and where people have to spend so much of their lives working (which for most people is not enjoyable) to pay all their bills and taxes, which are all too high.

Basically I think people are over worked and over stressed by our society, and that's what leads to any kind of abuse of substances or other people.

If the financial and / or mental burden on the average person was lifted even a little I think everyone could relax a bit and be a lot happier, heathier and less likely to turn to drink, drugs, gambling, theft, rape, murder, etc... Most crimes are the result of the perpatrator lacking something. The simplest example is theft = lack of money. For abuse of cigarettes, drink & drugs I think it's just a lack of general happiness.

A little off topic perhaps, but that's my theory on the cause of social ills anyway. ;)

Titan said:
I have never smoked and I never will. It has always been portrayed as a extremely bad habit in my eyes. One reason for this is the fact that no one in my family smokes which I can only say is a good thing. Another thing I hate about smoking is the smell.

I also think it is a waste of money, I mean why would anyone want to spend money on something that is only going to harm the body, cause cancer or worse death.

12 year olds don't count for opinions on drinking. Take your energy drinks and kinder eggs back to Windsor.

Smoking is for rock-and-roll ragging dossers, and drinking in the same magnitude is just as shite.

The odd tipple and you're OK.

RetroRainbow said:
And Spyro, just doing something once won't make you an addict. For several people who try, perhaps, but it's pretty unlikely. A few people I know take drugs, but it's nothing particularity hard. Just everyday stuff that's pretty easy to find. Just because they take some pills the odd weekend won't mean that they'll end up working in McDonald's for the rest of their life.

I'm just giving a personal example that i've seen in about 4-5 people that still take weed- that's all.

I didn't say one try and you're an addict either- I said (or, at least meant to say) that with drugs like LSD you can relapse and re-experience hallucinations.

Back