Skyrim

Yeah the whole leveling up and increasing stats is meant to be alot less hassle in skyrim. Don't get me wrong i'm really enjoying it but the running from one place to another was a killer, if there's a teleport to towns option i'm going to abuse that so much.

I'm playing as a Nord for the STR and 50% frost bonuses, with a custom build that has sneaking, strength and agility bases (can't remember what they all are but thats the build i was going for; silent and fast but hard hitting)

i know i have a few spells that come in handy - open locks really easy and easy. I like trying to pick the lock myself too but yet to get the hang of it. To get out of prison i just had a fight with the guy who was in there and the guard came in and battered him. I just walked out Leaving the skeleton to have a fight with the guard.

The first oblivion gate was a bitch, those little devil guys where alright but the black cloaked things in armour where harder to kill, another thing was the city itself, saving that was a pain because the larger demons where casting a spell that hurts me with every hit i deal to em and fireballs where useless - need to find the spark spell, i'm sure life will be easier.

Curious as to see who's playing Skyrim on the PS3. After watching the video over at eurogamer showing how bad the framerate gets the bigger the playthrough save gets makes me think it gets nearly unplayable later on. Just wanted to see if others are having the same issue(i'm on PC, so it's fairly decent for me)

Also, the post + video on topic: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... skyrim-lag

so essentially they haven't properly porter Morrowind's engine to the PS3 to account for the tiny amount of RAM.

We're talking the sort of patch that will take a whole year of work, for next to no benefit besides saving face with their smallest market. Shouldn't really have released it on PS3 as it's a known issue with the engine, but I assume their publishers higher ups don't get that.

I play it on PS3 and I played it non-stop for many hours quite a few times and I have never had any framerate issues, even with a massive save game.

The only issues I have had are:
I had it freeze once on and auto save for about a second but that's it.
It has randomly crashed about twice when loading an area (Which is a lot better than Fallout crashing nearly every time it loaded an area).

JamesX said:
I play it on PS3 and I played it non-stop for many hours quite a few times and I have never had any framerate issues, even with a massive save game.

The only issues I have had are:
I had it freeze once on and auto save for about a second but that's it.
It has randomly crashed about twice when loading an area (Which is a lot better than Fallout crashing nearly every time it loaded an area).
played for 100+ yet, it isn't an issue early on.
How many corpses do you leave littered about, random junk you've moved around, dungeons you've cleared etc.
Saves are differential, the more you change the bigger they get, until that becomes an issue with the system memory (at around 15+MB of save file), how big is it so far?

Reaper gI said:
Shouldn't really have released it on PS3 as it's a known issue with the engine, but I assume their publishers higher ups don't get that.
Considering Bethesda basically is ZeniMax, I find it more likely that they totally get it, but don't care and either just wanted the extra money, or wanted to avoid the "OMG YOU BASTARDS AREN'T RELEASING ON PS3" backlash.

But yeah, buying multiplatform games on PS3 really isn't the one if you've got the option. Buying them on consoles at all isn't really the one, either, these days.

Game is p.awesome on a decent PC, though... well, now that they fixed the cock-up that was 1.2 with today's update.

Reaper gI said:
played for 100+ yet, it isn't an issue early on.
EG/Digital Foundry's quite incredible video of the issue is taken with a 65 hour save.

How long have you played the game for/which format?

In need of liquid cash atm (so being waited on), not sure on PC (CPU is near minimum spec) or 360 (will work fine, but no mods).
either way it's likely a Christmas gift.

I have two main characters so I will list the saves for both.

Size: 6MB
PT: 28 Hours

Size 7KB
PT: 26 Hours

So yeah, I haven't played 100 hours (or 65 as the link on one of the above websites was testing) on one person or got my file to over 15KB. So maybe my word means nothing?

Back