Skyrim

Ilmae, i was just making sure its got the basics lol never played the series before and wondered if i can get those questions confirmed.

I've watched the videos on the Skyrim main website but apart from that no i haven't had much time to research into it fully.

Well, the Elder Scrolls games have been going for the best part of twenty years, so don't worry about them having the things that are the building blocks of the genre. :)

I bought oblivion for cheap lastnigth so i played a few hours and looking forward to playing skyrim - the updated graphics, dual weilding swords and spells and dragons, oblivions alright but i've spent time getting attacked in a village after killing someone who was being offensive for no reason. i have a feeling the townsfolk are cannibals and they lure people into the town, take em into a hut in the forest then burn them... there was a person in a fireplace and bones in the loft.

WEIRD!!!!

Tachi said:
I bought oblivion for cheap lastnigth so i played a few hours and looking forward to playing skyrim - the updated graphics, dual weilding swords and spells and dragons, oblivions alright but i've spent time getting attacked in a village after killing someone who was being offensive for no reason. i have a feeling the townsfolk are cannibals and they lure people into the town, take em into a hut in the forest then burn them... there was a person in a fireplace and bones in the loft.

WEIRD!!!!

Hang on... Oblivion is alright? I don't know how much you'll enjoy Skyrim if you can't enjoy Oblivion that much.

To me, alright is good enough. I'm like the Gary Barlow of gaming.

*pokerface* that was un-f***ing believable, i smiled the whole way through it *face didn't change at all*

*Thumps Tachi's face inward* It did with that one! Want another alteration? :D
I've gone a completely immoral route with my character....
A Dark elf named "Chaz'ir" - Wearing heavy armour (inc. Dwarven torso) - Carrying the "Hellstorm of Chaz'ir" (Self made enchant steel warhammer with 14pts fire dmg) - Enchant/smither - Most skilled in archery - Uses healing and raise Zombie as main spells (rarely anything else)....

This spells disaster.... But it's awesome

Finished the main parts of the Companions' Quest Line, really enjoyed it! Bit of suspension of disbelief needed in terms of the timescale if you do it all fairly quickly (wanted to get it done before I "move on" from Whiterun), but a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Trying to decide between playing through the "main" main quest, going and joining the Empire or Stormcloaks, or moving on to Windhelm to have a look at the Mages' college.

ilmaestro said:
Trying to decide between playing through the "main" main quest, going and joining the Empire or Stormcloaks, or moving on to Windhelm to have a look at the Mages' college.

I just can't decide who to ally with...

I'm currently progressing the Thieves Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood. My archery and sneak is hitting the roof right now <3 I'm around Level 18 now, and things are shaping nicely. A few more perk points and I should be in quite a nice position.

Not long hit level 10 after ~15 hours, my only skill that is really progressing fairly high is Destruction (nearing 40). I am also struggling with which side to choose in the civil war. The Empire seems far less about racial purity and far more about a stable political system than the Stormcloaks, but I've made so many friends who feel like they would be on that side of the conflict...

Steam was being a bit flakey for me last night, wish it had been flakey enough to not download the patch before I thought to back up my old .exe. :(

Chaz said:
*Thumps Tachi's face inward* It did with that one! Want another alteration? :D

Due to the date you posted this, i get an invulnerable birthday save lol Yes, me and your bro share the same birthday :lol: This year was my 21st too so you receive damage from your attack :p

Really can't wait for xmas to play Skyrim, on oblivion i'm trying to get into the mage uni and theives guild, ideally i want to be in all the guilds but can't find assassins and can't be bothered to trek all the way over to other places to join the fighters. So mage and theif it is for now, The demon scamp things remind me of the demon in soul eater, put a little balck suit on em and they are almost there.

Created a custom class, with the attributes of a warrior but also the sneak of an assassin and speed of a theif.

Fast Travel to Anvil >> Run straight forward >> You've arrived at the Fighters Guild! ;) It's where I always went to start the Mages and Fighters guild lol. Easiest to find!

The Assassins guild requires a little more... effort, to join :p

Its getting to and from places thats taking me ages though lol. i can summon a skeleton; why not let it give me a piggyback across country? Or better than that, summon pidgey to fly me there lol.

I was in the nord village in the mountains for a while (story brought me to a shrine but i went south in search of guilds and things.... was thrown in prison for no reason) apparently a 2k bounty was on my head. who knew?

Just read i can have alot of fun with command spells :p i'm now looking for any weapon able to give this desired affect:
"A weapon enchanted with command creature on strike for a short time leaves the target bewildered as it is repeatedly struck by its renewed friend."

The idea of that just cracks me up, it's like the current plot of bleach. "why did you cut me?" "because your my friend" "oh yeah, you are :) "

Eh...?

Dude, you can fast travel to Anvil from the very start of the game lol. Open up the map, and just click on a major city - it'll say "Do you want to fast travel to _______? Yes/No" and say yes :p

Anvil is in the bottom left / south west. Go there!

As for the 2k bounty, sounds like you killed two innocents to me?

If you want a free horse you can get one in the stormcloak camp just north of High Hrothgar. The camp is literally on the edge of the bottom of the mountain on Whiterun side.

EDIT
It follows you when you teleport but starts to walk back to the camp, which is funny in a sense :p

the f***

I've been hauling ass all over the friggin map. oh sod this, joining the mage uni will be a piece of piss now.

Yeah i was trying to get the assassins to contact me... didn't work, and the other one i was in a town near a farmers hut (farmer asked me to kill a few bears for him) and a woman started saying to me to get out and generally the whole town where being horrible and secretive.... so because she was being off hand she was killed. Many hillbilly types came out of the woodwork to kill me too.

@Taylor, thanks man but the horse thing isn't a problem, i do own one but i just don't remember where i "parked it" half the time lol i know where it is right now - docks near the city (theives guild initiation quest)

You need to go to sleep in a bed before the Brotherhood contact you, lol. If you've not done that much/yet then you'll still be Level 1 - you don't level up until you sleep in a bed :p

Im lvl 4 :p so i know it didn't work. Maybe i have to kill them from a distance with a bow or something.

Really looking forward to Skyrim instead of this, the dual cast spells and dual weild swords will make life alot easier i'm sure of it

Nope, you have to kill an innocent person and a message saying "An unseen force was felt" or something will pop up in the top left. Go to sleep in a bed and the Dark Brotherhood will come for you :) I've done it several times myself ;)

And don't think too much about the dual-weild. I play spell sword (R-Sword L-Spell) and while it's great for damage output, defence is seriously low with no way to block at all. I'm being genuinely serious that if you don't find Oblivion that great, you won't find Skyrim that great. It is better, but I remember my first experience of Oblivion and it seemed like I maybe enjoyed it a lot more than you?

What character are you playing and what are your majors? Maybe you're just finding it hard because of your build/being new to everything - I certainly hope so! There's so much to experience in this game it'd be a shame if you didn't enjoy it as much as possible!

Back