Site problems

Here's a random thought. Does anyone see a cat on the tab next to the site name? Because that cat is related to the Apache Tomcat/7.0.55 that appeared last night.

I don't know what the cat favicon is for (it will be something Chaos or the host has done). The Apache/Tomcat message just means that the server is stating which version of its web server applications are installed - it's sort of like seeing the Windows logo when you start up your PC and nothing to worry about. I'm guessing Chaos (or the host) did some updating and it broke things ^^;;

R

It said 'coming soon' when I tried getting on the site. I figured it must mean that the site was being updated or something. It may be an idea to post on here a day in advance that the site is due for an update and will be unavailable.

I'm afraid that Chaos is the only one who knows about the site - the best thing to do if there's a problem is to email him as he doesn't regularly visit the forum.

R

i was able to catch him on skype earlier when this happened. Turns out the cause was him trying to set up a proxy and it basically caused issues with the site, hence the two sets of errors: "Coming Soon..." and the Apache/Tomcat page. So that should clear things up a little bit on the matter i hope!

Just wondering if there is something wrong with the site? The main page doesn't load fully for me. Also On the main page the tabs/menus are all dark grey, rather than the usual light grey and I can't seem to click on the forum tab (haven't tried the others), it does eventually work but after 4 or 5 presses. It then loads the forum really slowly and even if I try to access another site it's slow.

However if I search google and click straight on the forum it's fine.

I'm on an iPad 2 using Safari

I think it changed in the last major update though I'm not sure why and consequently never tried to change it back. Names can still be changed by admins on your behalf if you like.

R

What is wrong with the site's RSS feeds? One for news isn't working, the reviews feed is only has Anime and not a single review of Manga. The only feeds I have no fault with is the feeds for Articles and the Podcast. You guys are able to fix it, right?

Please email Chaos about that; nobody else has any access to the RSS feeds from the main page :(

R

I don't think he checks his PMs very often, so email is usually best. I'm sure he'll get to it soon (he might want to look at the site first before responding).

R

Back