Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

So, as we’re likely all stuck inside rather more than we’d like and it’s in that nebulous period between Eizouken the past season ending and the next one starting, should we arrange a time to do Angel Cop? Is there enough malt liquor to make this bearable?

So, as we’re likely all stuck inside rather more than we’d like and it’s in that nebulous period between Eizouken the past season ending and the next one starting, should we arrange a time to do Angel Cop? Is there enough malt liquor to make this bearable?
Yeah I'm up for it. I was looking at it in my to-watch-pile and wondering when to prioritize it.

I’m down for watching Angel Cop, especially now I have a copy of the Discotek Blu Ray release.

Last edited:
Just to confirm (as one of the regular simulwatch crew 😛) that this is one I don't own.

I'll still be interested in reading the thread, though.

I'm for suggestions for what we watch next buy if people are up for it I dont mind doing a thread for Murder Princess. It's been a long time since I watched it and its only 6 episodes. From what I remember it was fun and crazy and want to see if it still holds up.

It was never released here but it does appear to be on Funimation now (at least when I look on amazon prime that's what it says.) There is also a r1 dvd release.

Just a sudden notion, but as Eva was one of the most popular threads, how would people feel about doing RahXephon as something longer form? It's currently on HIDIVE, even though their stream isn't great quality (looks like a DVD rip from not the best source). Full disclosure though; I've attempted it a couple of times without ever finishing it.

Yeah I could be up for that. Only watched it once before and back then it was only the 2nd mecha show I watched after Eva so it didnt really stack up. Now that I've watched a lot more anime I feel I could be more impartial. Or at least not only compare it to Eva.

I would even be interested in doing a RahXephon simulwatch - I have the JP Blu-ray Box, so quality wouldn't be an issue for me. I've only ever seen about the first 4-5 episodes streaming, and never had a chance to watch the entire series on Blu-ray.

I would've been interested in that, but I don't own RahXephon on DVD and don't currently have access to WiFi.

I would absolutely read a thread for it, though. It would be interesting to know about things like Eva similarities for starters. Don't know if this still comparison is a RahXephon spoiler or not:
ORNETTEARCHIVEDBYHANDLOL5-ref_gendo_or_genma.gif

Just a sudden notion, but as Eva was one of the most popular threads, how would people feel about doing RahXephon as something longer form? It's currently on HIDIVE, even though their stream isn't great quality (looks like a DVD rip from not the best source). Full disclosure though; I've attempted it a couple of times without ever finishing it.
Finally a simulwatch for me. Was coming up pretty soon in my backlog schedule so that works out well.

@Neil.T I wouldn't be able to contribute any Eva comparison for you because I've never seen any Eva except for the 1.11 movie, and wasn't really into it at all. But I'm sure everyone else could do that for you!

Back