Simulwatch Planning Thread - Suggest & Discuss

(I bloody hated Texhnolyze. 😅
Lol I get it wont be for everyone as it starts slow and by the end goes off the wall. But after the NGE watch I think it'd be quite fun to rewatch it with an analytical eye.

I really liked it back in the day even if I was left somewhat confused the first time. It and Ergo Proxy were in a band of sci fi anime all on their own and loved it.

Posting about it in the Tank Police simulwatch got me thinking, and I wondered if anyone would be interested in doing the first You’re Under Arrest OVA series? It’s only four episodes so isn’t a huge time commitment, however I genuinely have no idea about its obtainability any more or if it’s available to legally stream. Pretty sure the DVD is long OOP.

For some reason I was going through my old amazon orders on the train this morning to see what order I saw shows in back in the day and got reminded of Murder Princess. Dont remember much about it expect that I really enjoyed how unexpectedly crazy it was. It's only 6 episodes so dunno if people would want to do a watch of it at some point.

Murder Princess.
Have to say, I’ve never even heard of that one. Always interested it trying new things though.

I was also wondering about a sort of... read along of the Dominion manga after the simulwatch? I’m quite eager to revisit it after watching the anime. Might be a couple of weeks til I can get my hands on my manga volumes but I just thought I’d float the idea. I’ll probably post my thoughts as I re-read them anyway.

Have to say, I’ve never even heard of that one. Always interested it trying new things though
The version I have is the region 1 DVD. Dont know if it ever got a physical release over here or how easy it is to find online. I just remember it as being over the top fantasy, that at the time I'd not seen anything like it. No idea how it will hold up on a rewatch.

I was also wondering about a sort of... read along of the Dominion manga after the simulwatch? I’m quite eager to revisit it after watching the anime. Might be a couple of weeks til I can get my hands on my manga volumes but I just thought I’d float the idea. I’ll probably post my thoughts as I re-read them anyway.
That's an interesting idea. If I can get a hold of it aswell I'd be up for it.

Murder Princess.

Hadn't heard of this one either, but Koichi Mashimo is involved again, so it would seem weirdly appropriate after Dominion. Stop me before I inflict Eat-Man on everyone.

Sure, why not. Also worth mentioning that collected editions of both the original Dominion and Conflict One are available on Kindle or Comixology for £8 and change each. The first volume also includes Phantom of the Audience.

Now that people are getting their copies of Gunsmith Cats I wonder if anyone wants to watch them as a simulwatch and discuss it?

I'm also up for watching Bublegum Crisis as well.

Oh. 😀
Bubblegum Crisis had occurred to me, too, actually. Also Bubblegum Crash. I've got both of those on DVD, as well as Gunsmith Cats. And AD Police to boot.

I can see potential in this. 👍

It probably goes without saying I am very much down for (re)watching anything Kenichi Sonoda has ever had a hand in, although I can't promise any posts I make about BGC will be very interesting. It's one of those things I love to such a degree I'm not sure I can look at it objectively any more.

Back