signatures

Is there any way to disable signatures? I am getting really sick of big stupid vanity graphics extended after every post.

I normally allow signatures so that people can link to their website or list faves or whatever, but the pictures are crazy.

It seems crazy that avatar sizes have a size policy but its okay to put massive graphics throughout the threads. Though IIRC I have seen 600K animated avatars too ...

yes 600k avatars is a bit silly u can get a good one without going over 100 np

sigs don't seem to much of a problem really

sept a certain south park one

I don't want it to become like other forums, where people put entire episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air in their sigs.

Though I must admit, I would like to put my XFire Profile in there.

The policy here is that we don't allow signature images. Of course, some people add them anyway and I do plan on getting around to telling these people to get rid but you know, it's not at the top of the list of things to do in my spare time! :)

A feature to disable image tags in signatures would be good and I even installed a hack to do just that-- sadly, it stopped working :(

Laughing Manji said:
Is there any way to disable signatures? I am getting really sick of big stupid vanity graphics extended after every post.

Im guessing there is a way to disable signatures, but that would mean fully, im not sure if you can just target the image tags in signatures.

Fullmetal Shorty said:
Laughing Manji said:

Im guessing there is a way to disable signatures, but that would mean fully, im not sure if you can just target the image tags in signatures.

You can block the images using somthing like Adblock. But its rather irritating if someone keeps on changing their sig pic and you have to keep adding it to the filters.

I would love for signatures to be allowed, but you have to think, the community isnt that big as it is and if you put signatures on then it will turn 56k'ers from using the forums.

Having a sig probably would be fun, but the worry I have is that they take up anough space to make the actual post obselete.

I've seen many forums where the sigs are so big and bold it just looks messy and actually less attractive. Keeping them to a minimum just makes the site look more professional. Less is more :wink:

Melainy said:
Having a sig probably would be fun, but the worry I have is that they take up anough space to make the actual post obselete.

This is my gripe with it.

Ryo Chan said:
tbh anyone still on 56k should be banned from the net :p

There are some people out there who cannot get better. There are also people who dont want their anime forum downloading to interfere with their anime downloading.

There are some people out there who cannot get better. There are also people who dont want their anime forum downloading to interfere with their anime downloading.

isn't that illegal so it shouldn't be happening anyway :wink:

is still illegal

why do you think there are no thread here saying "sites to download fansubs from"?

We do NOT endorce downloading fansubs or unlicenced animes here.

doesn't mean we don't watch them though :p

Back