• Heterosexual

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Homosexual

• Bisexual

• Total voters
Sy said:
I wonder if you're actually gay or just like the idea of being gay, skikes.

currently im laying in bed beside my boyfriend, who i live with... im PRETTY sure im really gay lol

what makes u say that anyway? because im not so uptight or obsessed with talking about my own sexuality, unlike some people.... its a part of my life its not MY LIFE

i like to have fun with, so i say fag? or make fun with stereotypes, i think half of the people on here get me and the other half just dont no how to take me at all...

skikes said:
if black people can say niga i can say fag

Why do black people say "nigger"? I would assume to feel part of their own community. Do they use that word because of the hardships their ancestors have been through? They haven't been through slavery, so I don't know why they'd still be using the word; is it now used because they feel separated from the white community?
I guess the same kind of applies to the word "fag" in all those senses. Hardships of getting laws passed for homosexuality, and discrimination ongoing in society today.

melonpan said:
Why do black people say "nigger"? I would assume to feel part of their own community. Do they use that word because of the hardships their ancestors have been through? They haven't been through slavery, so I don't know why they'd still be using the word; is it now used because they feel separated from the white community?

Most black people, you'll find, do not use that word. So it's an overt generalistion to ask "why do black people say" the word.

I guess the same kind of applies to the word "fag" in all those senses. Hardships of getting laws passed for homosexuality, and discrimination ongoing in society today.

No, I'm pretty sure skikes just uses that word because it's yet another way for him to shove it in people's faces. Straight people don't do that (most of the time), so gay people shouldn't either (except, of course, during pride parades and all that).

Sy said:
I wonder if you're actually gay or just like the idea of being gay, skikes.

I don't doubt that skikes is gay, but he certainly seems to be infatuated with the mere idea of it; and it's a twisted, stereotype-laden, unrepresentative idea to boot.

skikes said:
because im not so uptight or obsessed with talking about my own sexuality

There's a difference between being uptight and having class and decency, skikes, and you'd do well to understand that difference.

um no, go cock urself

That doesn't even make sense ...

if black people can say niga i can say fag

Anyone can say "nigger", anyone can say "faggot". Does that mean everyone should use those words? Of course not.

CG ur actually so full of ****, what age are you?

ur trying to put EVERYTHING you do onto my plate which is the EXACT opposite of what im actually doing...
how am i shoving it in peoples faces? i havent rambled on about my own sexuality for 16 pages!

INFACT for some1 who talks about it so much i bet youve never even had sex!

do u no how many times ive had this conversation? ive been out of the closet since i was 14, ive had this convo MANY times! so forgive me if after the millionth time over i have a little fun with it!

do u think because you use big words and construct ur sentences like ur writing an essay and quote every last detail that ur any more intelligent than any1 else on here? well ive got news for you, UR NOT!
ur just another bitchy queen who thinks theyre better than every1 else and oh so enlightened just because ur so politically correct ur scared to fart in the direction of any1 with an accent!

i feel sorry for you, ur pathetic, im living life.... ur talking about it!

Ugh why does it have to get so personal?

Away from the main point of the argument but I don't see how having had sex somehow makes points of sexuality any more or less valid. If we were talking about the act itself and how best to go about it, maybe, but we're not.

Anyway disagreeing or agreeing is one thing, everyone's different, but the personal insults and confrontational attitudes here are not appealing. If you type something like "you're pathetic" to someone else as though it's fact, it makes your actual points look immeasurably weaker. Not wholly directed at you there skikes, there's a lot of it going around here. Insulting your opponent in a debate is often seen as a last resort when normal communication is an option.

R

skikes said:
INFACT for some1 who talks about it so much i bet youve never even had sex!

There's a reason no one knows whether I've had sex, or whether any other member on here with the exception of you has had sex. You know why? Because none of us feel the need to impose that irrelevant information on other people. None of us except you.

do u no how many times ive had this conversation? ive been out of the closet since i was 14, ive had this convo MANY times! so forgive me if after the millionth time over i have a little fun with it!

If your idea of fun is gratuitous swearing and saying as many offensive things as possible then I think you need to acquire a more refined sense of humour.

ur just another bitchy queen who thinks theyre better than every1 else and oh so enlightened just because ur so politically correct ur scared to fart in the direction of any1 with an accent!

How many more times are you going trot out that tired "bitchy queen!" phrase. We get the point: you think you're down with gay lingo. Move on.

There's a pronounced difference to overt political correctness and just being offensive. This concept, it seems, is utterly and completely lost on you.

i feel sorry for you, ur pathetic, im living life.... ur talking about it!

If you had a shred of thoughtfulness you'd have realised that no one was talking about "life" in this thread. In fact, before you and Tachi- showed up, we were actually discussing what this thread was intended for. You have nothing to add to this thread beyond inane stereotypical behavior that you think makes you funny. Well, it doesn't. Sorry.

i've been thinking,

Should sexual prefference really hold such a influence ofer how people treat one-another?

I don't think so personally, i believe that sexual orientation is either consciously or subconsciously decided by the individual and that it is likely to have been influenced by nurture.

in todays more open minded culture its more acceptable to broaden your orientation but where does it stop?

will the world see 3 people getting married next?
will babies be married?
(ridiculous you say, but things are rapidly changing)

Tachi- said:
will babies be married?

Hasn't the first one already happened? I'm sure i saw something about it once :?

But you're right, sexual prefrence shouldn't be an excuse for us to be nasty to each other.

BlackWolf said:
Tachi- said:
will babies be married?

Hasn't the first one already happened? I'm sure i saw something about it once :?

But you're right, sexual prefrence shouldn't be an excuse for us to be nasty to each other.

Im not sure, I've read a story about a married couple (man and woman)
and one day the husband told the wife that he felt he was a woman trapped in a mans body, the wife was happy and told the husband that she was more attracted to women than men. and thus he started to dress as a woman. A short time later the couple found a man who had, had a sex change and was looking for a couple. in the end the three of them had a three way relationship and had a few kids (due to the fact that the married man didn't have the op) no doubt them children would have a hard time explaining things at parents evening.

in many ways irregular relationships (2 same sex relationships) are becoming regular and more accepted. but i dont think the world is ready for children being brought up in that atmosphere.

Now we're back on track! :]

skikes said:
im done with this

Finally.

Tachi- said:
and one day the husband told the wife that he felt he was a woman trapped in a mans body, the wife was happy and told the husband that she was more attracted to women than men. and thus he started to dress as a woman. A short time later the couple found a man who had, had a sex change and was looking for a couple. in the end the three of them had a three way relationship and had a few kids (due to the fact that the married man didn't have the op) no doubt them children would have a hard time explaining things at parents evening.

That's very definitely an isolated case so I don't think it's important to discuss it in depth because society will never embrace such a family set-up.

in many ways irregular relationships (2 same sex relationships) are becoming regular and more accepted. but i dont think the world is ready for children being brought up in that atmosphere.

But the point is that same sex relationships aren't 'irregular'. They've existed since more or less the beginning of time and have been documented in animals (such as the male penguin couple in the a New York zoo who raised a baby penguin with no problems at all). I've already linked to lots and lots of research that shows no defects in gay parenting or gay couples. In fact, gay couples are more likely to split house chores evenly, which is a good thing. I think the world is more than ready for same sex parenting, and the people who aren't ready are not the kind of people you'd want your kids hanging out with anyway, no?

CitizenGeek said:

Tachi- said:

That's very definitely an isolated case so I don't think it's important to discuss it in depth because society will never embrace such a family set-up.

But the point is that same sex relationships aren't 'irregular'. They've existed since more or less the beginning of time and have been documented in animals (such as the male penguin couple in the a New York zoo who raised a baby penguin with no problems at all). I've already linked to lots and lots of research that shows no defects in gay parenting or gay couples. In fact, gay couples are more likely to split house chores evenly, which is a good thing. I think the world is more than ready for same sex parenting, and the people who aren't ready are not the kind of people you'd want your kids hanging out with anyway, no?

Fair points,
i wasn't trying to go into depth :/ was just trying to tell the story.
people are more open minded now-a-days, so i guess what i meant was that at the moment most are content with "the norm" (male and female) but in the future there wouldn't be too much of a discrepancy.

CG can we delete the previous offensive posts? their not relivant to the thread and it just ruins the topic. :)

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:

Most black people, you'll find, do not use that word. So it's an overt generalistion to ask "why do black people say" the word.

I wasn't generalising that all black people say "nigger", I'm obviously talking about the people who do, and specifically why those people say it...

My post could be interpreted either way, but the most logical one would be to not assume I'm talking about every single black person...

CitizenGeek said:

skikes said:
im done with this

Finally.

Tachi- said:

Gay couples would be no better at raising kids than straight couples and vice versa. The chores thing is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - I wouldn't say I'm a product of how evenly my parents split the housework. I don't doubt for a minute that a gay couple would raise a kid brilliantly give it all the love and care it needs, but you seem to be insinuating that they would make better parents than straight people. And people are allowed their opinions (in reference to your point about those not ready for gay parenting) - discriminating against people who discriminate against you solves nothing.

Ryukai said:
Gay couples would be no better at raising kids than straight couples and vice versa. The chores thing is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things - I wouldn't say I'm a product of how evenly my parents split the housework. I don't doubt for a minute that a gay couple would raise a kid brilliantly give it all the love and care it needs, but you seem to be insinuating that they would make better parents than straight people. And people are allowed their opinions (in reference to your point about those not ready for gay parenting) - discriminating against people who discriminate against you solves nothing.

I never said anything like that. I said that in many cases, gay couples more evenly split the chores and that's a good thing for a number of reasons but I clearly didn't intend it to be a defining point in why gays should be allowed adopt and I never once even hinted that I think that gays would make better parents than straight couples.

CitizenGeek said:
Ryukai said:

I never said anything like that. I said that in many cases, gay couples more evenly split the chores and that's a good thing for a number of reasons but I clearly didn't intend it to be a defining point in why gays should be allowed adopt and I never once even hinted that I think that gays would make better parents than straight couples.

Hmm maybe I read into it too much. I did only say you seem to be insinuating cuz I wasn't too sure. Oh well its all moot now.

Back