Section23 Films Acquires Eyeshield 21 and Jigoku Shoujo 2

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
Section23 Films have acquired: Asu no Yoichi!, Eyeshield 21 and Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori and will be released by Sentai Filmworks

Source:MAL

This is great news for the second season of Jigoku Shoujo but I still need to finish off the first series first :p

HdE said:
What's the deal with this company?
Section 23 and Sentai are the surviving limbs of the dismembered corpse of ADV. As such, I doubt they'll be in a hurry to return to the UK any time soon. Good luck to them though.

ayase said:
HdE said:
Section 23 and Sentai are the surviving limbs of the dismembered corpse of ADV. As such, I doubt they'll be in a hurry to return to the UK any time soon. Good luck to them though.

I was aware that they were pretty much ADV in all but name - but I don't get why they would want to stay clear of the UK market. Surely it'd be another source of income for them, potentially.

Re: Section23 Films Acquires Eyeshield 21 and Jigoku Shoujo

MONONOKE said:
Section23 Films have acquired: Asu no Yoichi!, Eyeshield 21 and Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori and will be released by Sentai Filmworks

This is great news for the second season of Jigoku Shoujo but I still need to finish off the first series first :p

You missed this off: Sentai will also publish Appleseed (2004) Blu-ray edition on May 18th with new English dubs by Ex Machina cast.

While the CGI Appleseed movie may not have been great, the fact that Sentei are planning a blu-ray release is good news.

Eyeshield has been half dubbed by some horrible butchering company made by the NFL for something. Not sure why its getting licensed (apparently again?) after the series has finished anyway. I imagine the license must have been cheap-ish for that to happen. Not that many people are going to buy it because its a commitment to get 144 or something episodes, so the people who might be interested in just checking it out won't do so because of how expensive it'll be to collect. And there are like... a total of four fans worldwide.

HdE said:
ayase said:
HdE said:
I was aware that they were pretty much ADV in all but name - but I don't get why they would want to stay clear of the UK market. Surely it'd be another source of income for them, potentially.
Given by the kind of (somewhat sour grape tasting) comments coming from ADV in the run up to it's demise, the UK wasn't a great money spinner for them. That aside, I think it's unlikely they have the cash to expand.

I just checked that link Ayase... Ouch!

But fair do's - I think Ledford has a more than sizeable point there.

I'm amazed at how many so-called anime fans I'm speaking to lately who are acquiring their shows via illegal means - downloads, bootlegs, whatever - and argue with complete conviction that they aren't doing anything to damage the industry that produces the stuff they enjoy.

The thing is, sales figures and statements like that one in the link tell the story how it really is - anime is currently in decline because of those factors - and that's a cast-iron fact.

Say no to piracy, kids! :D

I'll be picking up Hell Girl 2, assuming I can get for under the customs limit.

It's more of the same and, as a result, less interesting than the first season, but it's entertaining enough to warrant purchasing and I need to finish it.

Re: Section23 Films Acquires Eyeshield 21 and Jigoku Shoujo

mangaman74 said:
MONONOKE said:

You missed this off: Sentai will also publish Appleseed (2004) Blu-ray edition on May 18th with new English dubs by Ex Machina cast.

While the CGI Appleseed movie may not have been great, the fact that Sentei are planning a blu-ray release is good news.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *cries* Ah well, never mind, I don't have blu-ray anyway, but I thought the Appleseed dub was vastly superior tothe ex Machina one, and Ex Machina didn't even have a sub option, so I'm stuck with their stupid voices T__T

Yeah - I'm a bit baffled by the folks who sometimes lay into the first CG Appleseed movie. I think it's great!

I prefer the dub on that to the one in Ex Machina. If anything, I'd say Ex Machina needed to be redubbed!

HdE said:
Yeah - I'm a bit baffled by the folks who sometimes lay into the first CG Appleseed movie. I think it's great!

I prefer the dub on that to the one in Ex Machina. If anything, I'd say Ex Machina needed to be redubbed!

You. I like you =P Jamieson Price rocks! Also, I still don't get why Tereus had a different voice to Briareos. I mean he's a clone =/

That's the wacky world of anime dubs for ya.

I think they're both decent quality dubs, but the first movie pips it for me.

Plus, I LOVE the sequence where Deunan takes down her first Landmate - 'Dismount! Now!' - I certainly wouldn't argue with her!

Back