Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

I still have to wait four or five months until I can see it... I already know I'm going to love it. Too bad Mr. Chau isn't in it, though. :( I loved him as a character!

Puzzletypo said:
I still have to wait four or five months until I can see it... I already know I'm going to love it. Too bad Mr. Chau isn't in it, though. :( I loved him as a character!

Agreed I loved his little cameo style entrance in the manga

I would have preferred seeing Joseph actually. Could have easily snuck him in as some other guy in Wallace's bed. I think there's a deleted scene of Knives and her mother on the bus, so that should be funny.

What an awesome movie! I saw this today at the movies, and I was totally impressed. The trailers didn't really seem to interest me much, it looked a bit typical and cheesy from them. But, I was totally wrong. The editing was awesome and fast with all the cuts and whatnot, skipping from scene to scene during conversations and all that. The Lucas Lee character was hilarious. I want to watch it again now :D

DanM said:
The only complaint i have is it seemed a bit too long.

I can agree with this to some extent, but I feel that it was only this way because after about 2 ex's, you seem to think "ugh, 5 more" a bit? Although, I thought this wasn't the case at all, because the rest of the movie was just as quick and enjoyable.

just seen it today, and have to agree with the Awesome comments

felt a bit like bleach at a point though, rescuse Rukia from Aizen, gaining new powers on the way and fighting hollow ichigo at the end :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the comics, I loved the movie, and its coming out on DVD in November, ah well means I can get it quicker. Who cares about what the rest of the world thought of it I loved it!

JAKEMAN said:
I loved the comics, I loved the movie, and its coming out on DVD in November, ah well means I can get it quicker. Who cares about what the rest of the world thought of it I loved it!
actually everyone i know who has seen the movie says they loved it, but one must remember that reviews are opinionated to how much the critics enjoyed it :wink:

memorium said:
JAKEMAN said:
actually everyone i know who has seen the movie says they loved it, but one must remember that reviews are opinionated to how much the critics enjoyed it :wink:

Yes because we live in a world where someone famous has an opinion we must follow that opinion lol

Offtopic note
Sometimes I follow but other times I do not

I for one love wild wild west :D

Wasn't that a box office reference more than a critical one though?

Also, so what if critical reviews are opinions? There's always a consensus. Transformers 2 is a bad film. Scott Pilgrim is a good film.

Michael Cera School of Acting

I don't hate you Michael... but before Scott Pilgrim, I wasn't much of a fan... This video goes some way to explaining why.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fa_ECS9Jvgk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fa_ECS9Jvgk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I don't mind him. I like his schtick, I didn't LOVE him as Scott because a couple of times it felt "too" Cera-ish - by that I mean, his voice felt tired and it whimpered a bit. Only a couple of times, but it was off. The rest was fantastic. I don't mind the guy though. He's a film-geek and knows what's funny (troll!). Even if he has done a couple of lesser projects...

I also don't fully get hating on him completely for being type-cast. A lot of actors are type-cast, especially comedic ones; Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Seth Rogen. He done a couple of duds (Nick and Norah, Paper Heart) but the main hate, I think, started around the time Year One came out. Superbad was loved, Juno was loved. Arrested Development is super loved. I feel bad when they bring up the "same role" thing, he gets real awkward.

This wasn't directed at you, btw. It's just a topic that I'm tired of hearing.

Also:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaRcVT604_0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RaRcVT604_0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jayme said:
I also don't fully get hating on him completely for being type-cast. A lot of actors are type-cast, especially comedic ones; Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Seth Rogen.

How on EARTH could you forget Adam Sandler there, who has been playing Adam Sandler since...well forever, save Reign on Me which I haven't seen.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
How on EARTH could you forget Adam Sandler there, who has been playing Adam Sandler since...well forever, save Reign on Me which I haven't seen.
Similar to Will Ferrell, I find him easy enough to completely block out so he never comes to mind. If I were to list them, I'd probably chuck Jeff Goldblum and The Cast Of The Expendables into the mix. lol.

Jayme said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Similar to Will Ferrell, I find him easy enough to completely block out so he never comes to mind. If I were to list them, I'd probably chuck Jeff Goldblum and The Cast Of The Expendables into the mix. lol.

Touché sir =P But I think JG is an example of typecasting gone horribly right =P

Just bought the scott pilgrim 2 disc special edition dvd this morning which was awesome cause todays my bday XD!! so i've just seen the movie a couple of times and am now goin through the commentaries then later i'll take a look at the special features XD!! I AM IN LESBIANS WITH THIS MOVIE!!

I really need to watch it again. The fourth time. I attempted to get the BD today, and I even asked and ended up waiting for about 10 minutes for the Sainsbury's guy to see what they had in stock. They didn't have the BD. I really want to watch it again before the 30th because I'm going to a showing and Q&A with Edgar Wright then.

Back