Scotland Loves Anime 2015

I just know I'm going to be dragged to see Love Live. Pray for my soul/sanity people :p Up side is we'll be able to hang around for Psycho Pass I guess. Would quite like to see Rebellion too but doubt I'll find anyone to go into Edinburgh with on a Monday night and don't wanna be that dude there by himself :p I'll have to try convince someone.

For the first time I'm going to be heading up to Scotland Loves Anime, Edinburgh to be specific.

I've seen them for the last couple of years, but have gone down to Sci-Fi London's Anime Allnighter. But they are taking a year off so I'm heading up instead of down (and spending about £100 more to do so too). Only my 2nd time to Scotland too, though granted I'll only be seeing what I see from the train window and the center of Edinburgh.

I'm only going up to see 2 films. I'd like to see the live action Attack on Titan, but as it's not on on the Sunday (the 18th and last day). I wont be seeing it on the big screen, unless it gets a nation wide release.

I should also point out I'm really not a Naruto fan so that ruled out a couple too.

There are a couple of other titles I wouldn't of minded seeing, Expelled From Paradise, Japan Animator Expo and maybe Empire of Corpses (Shisha no Teikoku). But alas I can't get up till the Sunday. Saying that I'm more than happy with the 2 I'll be seeing though.

Psycho-Pass: The Movie (once I've seen more than the first 5 episodes of the first series (which I really enjoyed, I just haven't got round to seeing the rest), I've got 40 days see it so it's not a problem, plus I've read from people who have seen it all, say its almost standalone). The one I'm really looking forward to is the new Ghost in the Shell film following on from the Arise series. I love GITS, I've seen and read all of it.

As some may find it useful I'll give a few details about my travel and accommodation choices.

I'm going up and down via Virgin trains, standard seats are about £50 each way from New Street Station (Birmingham's main station). I'm going direct to Edinburgh Waverley which is only a mile from the cinema, but as its a Sunday (I imagine that's why anyway) the last train back is about 7pm. No good for me as GITS starts at 9pm. I looked at a coach home but the last one is about 21:45 and takes 9 hours, so that was a no no. I'm going to be staying in local hotel about 2 or 3 miles from the station. I found a good online deal for a double room for only £35, there normal price for a single. I'm getting a train back in the morning. Plus was able to get quite coach and window seat for both directions.

Now to wait and see if it rains as much as it did the last time I went.

Protip. Haymarket station is nearer the cinema than Waverley. If you're coming via Carlisle, your train will most likely stop there, so just hop off there, follow the road the tram line takes until you get to the west end of Princes St, then take a hard right onto Lothian Road, where the cinema is. I'm gonna be at Psycho-Pass too.

st_owly said:
Yup. Got an email from the Filmhouse this morning saying sorry we messed up!

Upon a second reading it says they're showing in September not October... Just emailed back to tell them this, and got a reply saying, yes that should have said October...

So! I will be there with my girlfriend on the Saturday and Sunday for Edinburgh. I can't guarantee i can get there for any other days due to work, but i'll definitely be about to say hi and maybe grab a bite to eat with anyone who fancies it. Should be about for all of saturday and maybe one or two films on sunday. Shall see!

Back