Scotland Loves Anime 2015

Lutga

Mad Scientist
Thought I'd create this thread for chat about Scotland Loves Anime 2015 - the line-up is announced on Friday. Is anyone here planning on going? Any particular films you're hoping to see on the bill?

From looking at what's come out in 2014/2015, I'm thinking the line-up could definitely easily end up being better than last year's, although I still think 2013 was a pretty much unbeatable line-up in terms of what was on offer.

Some suggestions I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see:

When Marnie Was There
Dragon Ball Z - Resurrection of F
Psycho Pass - The Movie
Persona 3 The Movie - Midsummer Knight's Dream / Falling Down
Expelled From Paradise
Bodacious Space Pirates - The Movie
Arpeggio of Blue Steel - The Movie
Knights of Sidonia - The Movie
Love Live - The School Idol Movie
The Attack on Titan compilation movies
Naruto Movies - The Last / Boruto
Miss Hokusai

Would confidently put a small amount of money on Miss Hokusai being in the running, seeing as AL have acquired the rights. I'd really like to see them pick up The Boy and the Beast, but I could see that being difficult to acquire.

Nothing much I'm greatly interested in, otherwise.

Lineup announced. Copy and and pasted from UKA.

Monday, 5th October
16:00 - Special screening for season pass holders - TBC

Friday, 9th October
23:00 - Attack on Titan: The Movie - Part 1

Saturday, 10th October
14:30 - Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
17:00 - Miss Hokusai
20:15 - Boruto: Naruto the Movie

Sunday, 11th October
13:30 - The Murder Case of Hana & Alice
16:15 - Empire of Corpses
19:45 - Attack on Titan: The Movie - Part 2

Based on that line up, I won't be going.

Buzzkillington said:
Lineup announced. Copy and and pasted from UKA.

Monday, 5th October
16:00 - Special screening for season pass holders - TBC

Friday, 9th October
23:00 - Attack on Titan: The Movie - Part 1

Saturday, 10th October
14:30 - Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F
17:00 - Miss Hokusai
20:15 - Boruto: Naruto the Movie

Sunday, 11th October
13:30 - The Murder Case of Hana & Alice
16:15 - Empire of Corpses
19:45 - Attack on Titan: The Movie - Part 2

Based on that line up, I won't be going.

Sorry to hear that! Worked pretty hard on the line-up this year, Edinburgh is also up now and there's some left to add there (won't be adding The Boy & The Beast or Marnie though for anyone waiting).

http://www.lovesanimation.com/edinburgh2015

If there was any chance of kara no kyoukai being shown on the big screen anywhere in the UK, I would travel there no questions asked. I have in fact never been to Scotland or any other country for that matter apart from whales XD. Lets hope Scotland doesn't become independent or I would have to do something about my past port to go.

Interesting that Glasgow gets the live-action AoT films while Edinburgh gets the anime compilation ones. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the live-action version, but I do wish the GFT wouldn't schedule things for 11pm - I've just reached the stage now where if I can't get the train back afterwards, I don't want to know.

I may also be compelled to take the long (by UK standards) trip, if there was more classic movies. I would love to see ghost in the shell (yes I know it was in cinemas last year grr), akira, ninja scroll, perfect blue, jin-roh ect. I wonder if the new fate HF movie could be shown in the year it comes out? (although I may note be 18 by the time it comes out...shhh) How exactly do official anime cinema events work? Do you deal directly with the Japanese companies and they send you the masters or do you just play blu rays with fan subs added?

I'd be interested in a few of the films but it might be tough for me to make the journey (for timing and/or budget reasons). I'd like to see more anime in cinemas but I always seem to miss the rare opportunities.

Miss Hokusai and the new GitS film are the only ones that interest me, but it's not been a great year for theatrical anime releases I would watch.

Professor Irony said:
Miss Hokusai and the new GitS film are the only ones that interest me, but it's not been a great year for theatrical anime releases I would watch.

If those are on your list I would really recommend Empire of Corpses - you won't be disappointed :)!

AP

I was toying with the idea of traveling up to Scotland for one of the dates this year, but honestly I can't say it'd be worth the cost for me.
I already own Expelled From Paradise and Madoka, as well as having GiTS 2015 on Pre-Order (which comes out less than two weeks after the Edinburgh dates). I'm not interested in/don't follow DBZ/Naruto/Love Live, and I have no intention of sitting through Attack on Titan again anytime soon. Out of everything available I'm only really immediately interested in seeing Empire of Corpses...

I'm definitely really excited about the Project Itoh films in general - all the art I've seen from the looks absolutely stunning.

Mangaranga said:
I was toying with the idea of traveling up to Scotland for one of the dates this year, but honestly I can't say it'd be worth the cost for me.
I already own Expelled From Paradise and Madoka, as well as having GiTS 2015 on Pre-Order (which comes out less than two weeks after the Edinburgh dates). I'm not interested in/don't follow DBZ/Naruto/Love Live, and I have no intention of sitting through Attack on Titan again anytime soon. Out of everything available I'm only really immediately interested in seeing Empire of Corpses...

It all hinges on that kind of frontier for the big screen experience tbh - if you're happy with BD then that's cool too and there's some surprises left that are well worth coming for the big screen experience :)

One of these years man :D.

Edinburgh's line-up:

Monday, 12th October 2015
18:00 - Attack on Titan: Crimson Bow & Arrow
20:30 - Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion

Wednesday, 14th October 2015
18:00 - Attack on Titan: The Wings of Freedom

Thursday, 15th October 2015
20:30 - The Last: Naruto the Movie

Friday, 16th October 2015
13:00 - Miss Hokusai
15:30 - Boruto: Naruto the Movie