Satoshi Kon has passed away

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Direct ... _away.html

This is breaking news just coming in as I type this, emanating from the Twitter account of GAINAX's Yasuhiro Takeda, but it appears that the renowned and much-admired anime director Satoshi Kon passed away today at the age of 47.

During his life, Kon was responsible for a numer of high-profile animated efforts featuring his distinctive themes and styles, not least the movies Perfect Blue and Paprika, as well as the Paranoia Agent television series.

I'm sure it goes without saying that Satoshi Kon's influence will be immensely missed by anime fans around the world, and our thoughts go out to his friends and family with this tragic news.

This hasn't sunk in yet. I...just...oh god...

;_;

Damn that's a shock, I'm a massive fan of his work and it sucks to think that'll be the last of it. I'd been wondering what he might do next, I guess now we'll never know.

RIP Satoshi Kon :(

This is a very, very sad day. We've lost a true original.

Shocking as this news is, I'd be damn happy if I was able to achieve in so short a lifetime the level of creative genius Satoshi Kon did. His small but brilliant oeuvre is all the more precious now.

Well...****.

This will have repercussions on the future of the industry, that much is certain. A hell of a lot was riding on him and Hosuda being the gold standard after Miazaki stops directing and with him gone, Hosuda's going to have to carry a hell of a lot of weight on his own.

Oh dear :eek:

I love all of his works to date and was looking forward to amazing things to come as well.

Out of interest what is going to happen to his latest feature?

'Tis a really sad day for anime

RIP Satoshi Kon

I am in total shock and deeply saddened by this news,his movies and work were amazing,i loved his weird and wonderful vision and style to his movies,he was always pushing himself each movie and pushing the audience as well,still cant really believe it,R.I.P. the industry has lost a legend. :(

Quite a shock. One of the better guys out there. I've enjoyed all his work and I hope Dream Machine is far enough along.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Kon.

Paranoia Agent is my favourite anime, and it always felt like he had so much more to give.

I always regarded him as the best anime director of all time. He didn't make one dud (though I thought Paprika could have been better). Always edging further out than anyone else dared.

Perfect Blue was my 'University Film', watching it constantly while I was there, and my love affair with him was born.

A real shame.

I know wikapedia is not the most trustworthy when it comes to info but they have this listed as cause of death.Kon died suddenly of a heart attack on August 23,2010.He suffered chest pains in July and was rushed to hospital to be diagnosed.Doctors say that Kon had an eating disorder and that he had become a drug addict.If true seems is personal demons finally got the better of him. :cry:

Never seen any of his shows or movies, nor do i pretend to know anything about it.

But always sad for anyone to die at still such a young age

Reaper gI said:
Doraemon666 said:
I know wikapedia is not the most trustworthy when it comes to info but they have this listed as cause of death
That was a troll edit, the more reliable source says cancer.
Yeah i thought that was total crap,man i hate trolls even someones death cant stop there total stupidity,so it was cancer,man that really sucks,at least he is at peace now and his work and movies will live forever.

Back