Rui and Tachi bicker about a moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jayme said:
It's also fairly rude (read: trolling) to do that stuff to spark discussion.

Maybe, but the point is, it worked. the end result is that your all posting. thats all that really mattered.

Tachi- said:
Jayme said:
It's also fairly rude (read: trolling) to do that stuff to spark discussion.

Maybe, but the point is, it worked. the end result is that your all posting. thats all that really mattered.

I'd argue the quality of the posts are what really matter, not the quantity. And if half of these posts are "random because Aion used a letter generator" as was previously mentioned, then i'm inclined to give Aion the praise myself.

I just feel there is probably a better way to encourage activity, without sparking up tempers. And, as i'm sure Aion would agree, we need more Anime discussion, not random chit-chat posts. This section has more than its fair share of posts, with a nearly 1000 page long thread in here.

Also, on a more philosophical note: Do the ends always justify the means?

Roy is much too PC, for me; deleting all my precious posts - even innocent ones only a prat would deem serious. I've referred to Justpa's turban before, and Vivan's a-ok with me calling her a black feminist extremist. (In fact, it seems to excite her, for some inexplicable reason.)

I'm now certain my initial gender guess was incorrect - you're very much a bitch. I like even Vivian more. That box of Japanese manga is getting sealed up.

*mumbles about bitches ignoring him & deleting his posts...*

Merry Christmas... if I'm allowed to say that without causing offense?

@Spyro, if you’d have stayed in the chat longer than a few seconds earlier in the evening you’d have seen me post that I predict aion to post something ridiculous into the thread.

And sure enough, moments later he did. Atleast 5 people where present to that.

Anyway, sometimes the ends justify the means, people where going to post about it with their opinions either way, Aion just beat me to the punch by posting something to defuse it instantly. Completely agree that people should post more on the forums, and actually regarding anime/the industry/upcoming anime. I created the Christmas predictions thread hoping people would end up along the lines of “I’m getting [insert anime title here] for xmas” and another person saying “ahh me too, seen a few eps?” or something like that.

If people are truly bothered about the way I went about it, simply put; do something about it, go and talk more about anime and manga. That way I won’t get so bored that ideas like these come into play.

Erm, just so we're clear, the only reason you didn't receive a warning yesterday is because the other person involved was me and I don't penalise people who attack me personally (yep, go nuts guys :)). Posting racist comments, accusing people who disagree of being terrorists and insulting their intelligence, bypassing the offensive word filter, backpedalling suddenly to turn a moderation dispute into a last minute troll attempt; there's a whole litany of problems in this exchange. Fortunately everyone else has been pretty cool about it.

Next time this "idea and intelligence" comes up with something disruptive and offensive, please take it elsewhere or at least read the forum rules first. Things like the Christmas presents thread are fine, of course, as are the many current and constructive anime threads which I've noticed people industriously making recently.

R (if you're going to do something for teh lulz, please don't do it with someone notorious for having no sense of humour)

and she's back to her normal self.

Anyway, i think you'd probably have more problems with the forums with me blocked than if you just leave me to my own devices. take of that whatever you want but for the record, i never accused anyone in here of being a terrorist. merely said that anyone who backs terrorism is by default a terrorist, like the police would class someone ina crime as being "a party to" even if they themselves didn't do anything, the point they where there or agreed with it means their just as guilty. its a point of law really.

Bypassing the offensive word filter... come on, thats done all the time.

Backpedalling to turn it into a troll attempt? go speak to arby, i said to him about doing something out of the normal and spark something to get interest merely so the forums in general where less quiet.

As for an idea of intelligence, you dictating things/ threatening to block witha warning is just the same ;) just because your an admin on here, doesn't mean your anything more than me, your a human aswell at the end of the day.

Anyway, its relaxed.. but it did work as an experiment, when something like this appears (and it had to be something like this otherwise without even a slight confrontation the interest wouldn't have amassed) the forums are more active... which begs the question, why not have active debates? have to opposing sides talk about the same anime and one side saying its good points and others saying the bad points. essentially its using the same methods as this thread but in a better light.

Anyway, experiment over. Sorry for making you the guinea pig Rui, you where the only one that seemed likely to bite back.

Again, just so we're clear, I don't buy your excuse at all, but it's such an obviously pointless thing to argue that I don't want to go there. I stand by threatening to warn you if you continue to act as though the forum rules other people obey don't apply to you for some reason.

If you want to start a sensible debate thread, go for it. I recall CitizenGeek tried something like that a while ago and there was some interest, but he vanished and nothing came of it. If you think the site's handful of rules against abuse and obscenity are overly harsh, feel free to debate those as part of it. Or just talk about anime in the anime forums, that's cool too (and far more likely to interest me).

Anyway, probably going to lock the thread later, it's just going nowhere now and Jayme already decisively won it some time ago.

My PM box exists if you want to argue about future moderations on rules you think are more flexible than they are.

R

Debates are great when people are well informed and argue the points of the topic at hand, rather than using personal insults to question the validity of someone's stance. That's where CG's threads always went wrong. Not that it was just him mind. When belittled, people have a tendency to fight back. And I don't think there'll ever be enough decent debaters here to ever carry off reasoned debates for any length of time.

As for the issue at hand, I saw Tachi's original post and just wrote it off as unfortunate and uninformed in the same way I would ignore Sun readers in a pub. I don't like censorship but can understand why Rui did what she did and she had every right to do it. This isn't a democracy (or anarchy); no online message board is. Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than a forum with no moderation, but that place isn't AUKN. Without moderation any forum would soon lose it's focus entirely and become something akin to /b/.

163882-haruhi_objection_by_ri_chan_glory_super.jpg

SciFiBoy said:
Tachi- said:
Not a racist post, Factual evidence that no white british person has tried to blow up fellow countrymen in the last 10 years, but rather in the last few days a muslim has tried to blow up people in sweden. BBC news report on recent failed suicide bomber

yeah, cause White British people arent fighting wars in the middle east and killing civilians at all...

Don't confuses us with the US ;)

I know this thread has more or less derailed from the two original posts but this is relevant to the original discussion so I will post anyway.

timothy-mcveigh-1-sized.jpg

White, American, terrorist. 15 years ago yes, but still recent in my memory. You do not have to be muslim to be a terrorist.

Muslim terrorism have just become more active and has made us forget about others. Lest we forget we live next door to a bigger threat, the IRA. 1998 Omagh bombings. Anyone remember that? The last IRA terrorist act on British soil was in 2001, but that does not mean there have not been activities that have been quashed such as bomb factories in manchester among other events.

Rui said:
Things like the Christmas presents thread are fine

But what about the posters that thread will offend; those who don't celebrate Christmas? Oh, the horror!

Rui said:
Or just talk about anime in the anime forums, that's cool too (and far more likely to interest me).

O rly? So now you're resorting to openly lying, as well as letting your vagina control your postings?

This is why a woman should never be given power. Now, I wish I'd realized Roy is Rui before pushing for his modship. The constant mood swings and hypocrisy is too much. At least with CitizenGeek I got consistency.

AironicallyHuman said:
But what about the posters that thread will offend; those who don't celebrate Christmas? Oh, the horror!

They can talk about Annual Present Exchange Day instead, like I do. I don't think anyone is seriously offended by festivals, other than people intent on trolling.

While I live in constant terror of not living up to your standards as a high quality poster, I must say at this point that if you touch those topics I just removed from your post again, it's time for another formal warning.

I recommend that instead you go post in the KnK thread and marvel at my stupidity, that's an anime topic. Choose your path wisely.

R

I read your mind and made a preemptive strike.

AND VIVIAN HONESTLY DOES LIKE ME BEING RACIST AND SEXIST, GOD DAMNIT!!!! ASK HER!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back