Rock Band Official News/Announcements Thread (Rock Band 4 gets more DLC as per usual)

Re: Rock Band 4 Thread - Xbox.com lists DLCs for BABYMETAL, Mastodon, Weird Al Yankovic + More

Playstation owners may have 10 exclusive tracks for pre-order but Xbox will be getting their own special treatment.

All That Remains – What If I Was Nothing
BABYMETAL – Gimme Chocolate!!
Earth, Wind & Fire – September
Interpol – All the Rage Back Home
Jefferson Starship – Jane
Linkin Park – Rebellion (ft. Daron Malakian)
Marilyn Manson – The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles
Mastodon – High Road
My Morning Jacket – One Big Holiday
Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn – King for a Day
“Weird Al” Yankovic – My Own Eyes
The Wild Feathers – Backwoods Company

Japanese music hits Rock Band again! Though it's Babymetal I expect some craziness with the vocals.

Re: Rock Band 4 Thread - Xbox.com lists DLCs for BABYMETAL, Mastodon, Weird Al Yankovic + More

Xbox gets Babymetal? It's Gimmie Chocolate too?! These songs better get a PS4 release sooner rather than later. I would have loved Gimmie Chocolate! I'm not interested in any of the PS exclusive tracks either so that just adds insult to injury.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Xbox gets Babymetal? It's Gimmie Chocolate too?! These songs better get a PS4 release sooner rather than later. I would have loved Gimmie Chocolate! I'm not interested in any of the PS exclusive tracks either so that just adds insult to injury.

Don't worry, all pre-order DLCs across everything will be available later on for all platforms.
Harmonix via Twitter said:
Confirmed. All bonus songs will be available as DLC at some point. Stay tuned for more info.

Re: Rock Band 4 Thread - First Post-Game Update Detailed

Hey gang!

We are so excited to share the details of Rock Band 4's first feature update with you! Read on for all the details.

Ahead of Rock Band 4’s highly-anticipated October 6 launch, Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. (“Harmonix”) today announced that the first major feature update for the title will be released on December 8, 2015 for both Xbox One and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

This first major feature update will be available to all players for free, and will focus on exciting new social and competitive features, along with some surprises for fans. Additionally, based on feedback from its community, Harmonix has confirmed it will be adding “Variable Breakneck Speed” to the game for the first time. “Variable Breakneck Speed” will let players control note scrolling speeds for each track independently, a feature long-requested by many in the Rock Band community.

“With the core game already shipping to retailers for an October 6 launch, we’re excited to start looking at the future of Rock Band for our fans,” said Harmonix CEO Steve Janiak. “We already have a team hard at work building new features for the platform, some based on player feedback, along with some surprises, including a new mode that changes gameplay in a really significant way that we think people are going to love.”

“We’ve said that we’re viewing Rock Band 4 as a platform that we will build on over time,” added Product Manager Daniel Sussman, “and this first feature update is just the beginning; we can’t wait to share more details after launch.”

Winner of multiple awards and nominations at the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), including “Best Music Game” from IGN and Game Informer, Rock Band 4 delivers the ecstatic rush of a live full-band game experience like never before. Rock Band 4 builds on the core gameplay people love, with brand new features, including game-changing Freestyle Guitar Solo gameplay that allows players to craft their own face-melting and truly original guitar solos.

Rock Band 4 will be available on October 6.

Basically Rock Band will finally have the ability to change the speed of the Breakneck option (aka Hyperspeed in Guitar Hero terms).

Re: Rock Band 4 Thread - U2 songs to appear on setlist & as upcoming DLC

Despite being one of the few bands who refuse to have their music on a music game, they did specify that a standalone band-centric game would be a certain requirement. But now in 2015 that seems to be no more as it's been leaked that U2 music will be appearing on Rock Band 4.

The songs 'I Will Follow' and one other (not yet confirmed at the time) will be on the setlist while more will be incoming as downloadable content, much like Van Halen.

Source: Rock Band Aide

Re: Rock Band 4 Thread - Pre-Launch Live-streams on Twitch!

Harmonix are doing a live-stream with bisnap and some members of Game Grumps on Twitch right now.

Some notes:
- Quickplay will feature a Search option so you can type the artist, genre and song.
- There will be 2 songs with full Devil Tier (hardest difficulty) across all instruments: Dream Genie and Metropolis Part 1
- Legacy DLC can't be downloaded in batches, only individually.
- There's no Practice Mode at launch.
- There's no Online Mode at launch.
- There are 65 songs in the Rock Band 4 setlist.

Ah man, Metropolis looks amazing. Hope they put out some DT DLC for RB4. Metropolis is only the 4th DT song in Rock Band and the band has enough amazing songs to fill out a stand alone game. I hope they at least put out in the Presence of Enemies just for the mammoth size of it. Not sure how many would play a 25 minute song though.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Ah man, Metropolis looks amazing. Hope they put out some DT DLC for RB4. Metropolis is only the 4th DT song in Rock Band and the band has enough amazing songs to fill out a stand alone game. I hope they at least put out in the Presence of Enemies just for the mammoth size of it. Not sure how many would play a 25 minute song though.

If we can handle 21 minutes of Rush's 2112 I bet we can handle that haha. :lol:

If they do decide to add Dream Theater songs I do hope they include Pull Me Under, it's the first song I heard from them thanks to Guitar Hero World Tour and I love that song.

Honestly, everything from that album is fantastic. Images and Words is easily one of their best albums. Every thing other than Another Day and Wait for Sleep would be a fantastic fit for RB.

The Twitch stream for Dream Genie was so intense that the stream suffered from major lag. :lol:

Interesting, Harmonix have confirmed that all the DLC released before Rock Band 3 that have multiple vocals will have Harmonies added to them!

IncendiaryLemon said:
EU PSN Blog has confirmed that with the release of RB4 Weekly DLC will be starting up again. Excitement!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/ ... r=36969785

That moment of excitement on Friday when you discover the next set of DLC, oh it's been years since that moment.

With the removal of Pro Guitar/Bass and Keys, this should mean that Harmonix will be able to release more songs than usual since there's less charting to do.

Here's the type of packs I hope will appear at some point (note there's a lot I made). I guess the songs I've chosen are a good start to the bands I've listed if you want to know who they are (Iced Earth for instance).

[spoilerbutton]Alter Bridge Pack 1
- Addicted to Pain, from Fortress (2013)
- Blackbird, from Blackbird (2007)
- Ghost Of Days Gone By, from ABIII (2010)
- Ties That Bind, from Blackbird (2007)

Anime Pack 1
- Brave Shine by Aimer, from Brave Shine (2015) *Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works OP2*
- Crossing Field by LiSA, from LANDSPACE (2013) *Sword Art Online OP1*
- Guren no Yumiya by Linked Horizon, from Jiyū e no Shingeki (2013) *Attack on Titan OP1*

Bradio Pack 1
- Flyers, from POWER OF LIFE (2015)
- Otona Hit Parade, from POWER OF LIFE (2015)
- Red Car Chase, from POWER OF LIFE (2015)

Deftones Pack 2
- Back to School (Mini Maggit), from Back to School (Mini Maggit) (2001)
- Change (In the House of Flies), from White Pony (2000)
- Diamond Eyes, from Diamond Eyes (2010)
- Tempest, from Koi No Yokan (2012)

Disturbed Pack 4
- Immortalized, from Immortalized (2015)
- The Night, from Indestructible (2008)
- Ten Thousand Fists, from Ten Thousand Fists (2005)
- The Vengeful One, from Immortalized (2015)

Dream Theater Pack 1
- A Change of Seasons, from A Change of Seasons (1995)
- Pull Me Under, from Images and Words (1992)
- The Root of All Evil, from Octavarium (2005)
- This Dying Soul, from Train of Thought (2003)

Gojira Pack 1
- The Art of Dying, from The Way of All Flesh (2008)
- L'Enfant Sauvage, from L'Enfant Sauvage (2012)
- Ocean Planet, from From Mars to Sirius (2005)

Gotye Pack 1
- Eyes Wide Open, from Making Mirrors (2011)
- Smoke and Mirrors, from Making Mirrors (2011)
- Somebody That I Used to Know ft. Kimbra, from Making Mirrors (2011)

Iced Earth Pack 1
- Dante's Inferno, from Burnt Offerings (1995)
- I Died For You, from The Dark Saga (1996)
- I Walk Alone, from The Crucible of Man: Something Wicked Part 2 (2008)
- Ten Thousand Strong, from Framing Armageddon: Something Wicked Part 1 (2007)
- Wolf, from Horror Show (2001)

In Flames Pack 1
- Deliver Us, from Sounds of a Playground Fading (2011)
- Colony, from Colony (1999)
- Goliaths Disarm Their Davids, from The Jester Race (1996)
- Take This Life, from Come Clarity (2006)

Killswitch Engage Pack 2
- Always, from Disarm the Descent (2013)
- In Due Time, from Disarm the Descent (2013)
- This Fire, from As Daylight Dies: Special Edition (2006)

Kings of Leon Pack 2
- Charmer, from Because of the Times (2007)
- Closer, from Only by the Night (2008)
- Supersoaker, from Mechanical Bull (2003)

The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute: Rock Band Edition Album Pack (2005)
- Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus
- The Widow
- L' Via L' Viaquez
- Miranda That Ghost Just Isn't Holy Anymore
- Cassandra Gemini
*The songs generally have filler, so for this pack they'll have a special version where the filler is cut out*

Mastodon Pack 1
- Black Tongue, from The Hunter (2011)
- Oblivion, from Crack the Skye (2009)
- Sleeping Giant, from Blood Mountain (2006)

Mumford & Sons Pack 1
- The Cave, from Sigh No More (2009)
- Dust Bowl Dance, from Sigh No More (2009)
- I Will Wait, from Babel (2012)

Nine Inch Nails Pack 3
- Everyday Is Exactly The Same, from Your Teeth (2005)
- Hurt, from The Downward Spiral (1994)
- Piggy, from The Downward Spiral (1994)
- Ruiner, from The Downward Spiral (1994)
- We're In This Together, from The Fragile (1999)
- Wish, from Broken (1992)

Oasis Pack 2
- Champagne Supernova, from (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995)
- Falling Down, from Dig Out Your Soul (2008)
- The Importance of Being Idle, from Don't Believe the Truth (2005)
- Lyla, from Don't Believe the Truth (2005)
- The Shock of the Lightning, from Dig Out Your Soul (2008)
- Some Might Say, from (What's the Story) Morning Glory? (1995)

The Phantom Pain Pack
- A Phantom Pain by Ludvig Forssell, from Metal Gear Solid V Original Soundtrack (2015)
- Elegia by New Order, from Low-Life (1985)
- The Man Who Sold The World from Midge Ure, from The Gift (1985)
- Not Your Kind Of People by Garbage, from Not Your Kind of People (2012)
- Nuclear by Mike Oldfield, from Man on the Rocks (2014)
- Sins of the Father by Ludvig Forssell ft. Donna Burke, from Metal Gear Solid V Original Soundtrack (2015)

Royal Blood Pack 1
- Come on Over, from Royal Blood (2014)
- Little Monster, from Royal Blood (2014)
- Out of the Black, from Royal Blood (2014)

Slayer Pack 2
- Angel of Death, from Reign In Blood (1986)
- Disciple, from God Hates Us All (2001)
- War Ensemble, from Seasons In The Abyss (1990)

The Sword Pack 1
- The Black River, from Gods Of The Earth (2008)
- Freya, from Age Of Winters (2006)
- Maiden, Mother & Crone, from Gods Of The Earth (2008)

System of a Down Pack 1
- B.Y.O.B., from Mezmerize (2005) *Re-release*
- Lonely Day, from Hypotize (2005)
- Question!, from Mezmerize (2005)
- Toxicity, from Toxicity (2001) *Re-release*

Tool Pack 1
- Forty-Six & 2, from Ænima (1996)
- Lateralus, from Lateralus (2001)
- Vicarious, from 10,000 Days (2006)

Singles
- 45 by Shinedown, from Leave A Whisper (2003)
- Black Rain by Soundgarden, from Telephantasm (2010)
- Elephant by Tame Impala, from Lonerism (2012)
- Falling Down by Oasis, from Dig Out Your Soul (2008)
- Mad World by Tears For Fears, from The Hurting (1983)[/spoilerbutton]

If they do a Dream Theater pack they should totally do the 12 Step Suite as a pack (The Glass Prison, This Dying Soul, The Root of All Evil, Repentance, The Shattered Fortress) then have the option to play them all as one song a la 2112. I'd also kill for a Metal Gear Rising Track Pack of some kind. Kind of doubtful they would but you never know. I'd also like to see some more Trivium in the game, the one song they put out, In Waves, was super fun and although I haven't heard much of their songs outside of In Waves and a few tracks off of Shogun, they're a great fit for the game. If they could somehow wrangle back the Metallica licence I'd love to see them do a Master of Puppets album pack or even just the title track, that would be pretty great. I'd also go for some more Babymetal like Megitsune or Headbanger. As far as Anime music is concerned (Real long shots here :p) I'd like to see Naisho no Hanashi by Claris (Nisemonogatari ED2), Out of Control by Nothing Carved in Stone (From Psycho Pass OP2) and Again by Yui (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP1). Of course there are many more I'd like to see on that front but I think the more mainstream the show, the more likely it would be to get a DLC release. Hypothetically of course. I'd also go for a full K-On pack featuring Fwua Fwua Time, NO Thank You, Pure Pure Heart and Tenshi ni Furetayo. I could keep going. I even have a post on my reddit account somewhere detailing my dream track list for a Dream Theater Rock Band game I could dig out :lol:

IncendiaryLemon said:
If they do a Dream Theater pack they should totally do the 12 Step Suite as a pack (The Glass Prison, This Dying Soul, The Root of All Evil, Repentance, The Shattered Fortress) then have the option to play them all as one song a la 2112. I'd also kill for a Metal Gear Rising Track Pack of some kind. Kind of doubtful they would but you never know. I'd also like to see some more Trivium in the game, the one song they put out, In Waves, was super fun and although I haven't heard much of their songs outside of In Waves and a few tracks off of Shogun, they're a great fit for the game. If they could somehow wrangle back the Metallica licence I'd love to see them do a Master of Puppets album pack or even just the title track, that would be pretty great. I'd also go for some more Babymetal like Megitsune or Headbanger. As far as Anime music is concerned (Real long shots here :p) I'd like to see Naisho no Hanashi by Claris (Nisemonogatari ED2), Out of Control by Nothing Carved in Stone (From Psycho Pass OP2) and Again by Yui (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP1). Of course there are many more I'd like to see on that front but I think the more mainstream the show, the more likely it would be to get a DLC release. Hypothetically of course. I'd also go for a full K-On pack featuring Fwua Fwua Time, NO Thank You, Pure Pure Heart and Tenshi ni Furetayo. I could keep going. I even have a post on my reddit account somewhere detailing my dream track list for a Dream Theater Rock Band game I could dig out :lol:

Haha yeah I went with those three anime tracks because I felt it they were the most well-known. The gameplay themselves are also balanced.

Trivium I do like as well but I only heard In Waves, Down From The Sky and Into the Mouth of Hell We March so I couldn't think of any other song to suggest.

ClariS I would love to have in Rock Band but I felt their songs were more electronic than the standard. Though I've only heard their Birthday album.

Those are pretty much the Trivium songs I was thinking, plus Kirisute Gomen and Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis. I'm also definitely there with you on ClariS, Nashiho no Hanashi is a weird outlier on that album being pretty much the only track I can think of that is quite guitar based and also having a really cool solo section. Any other song off of that album really wouldn't fit.

So did Harmonix just say balls to the pre order track exclusivity BS?

YjMeUtN.jpg

I hope so. The Music Store is currently a broken mess so I can't actually buy the track but the fact it's available at all on the PS Store is a good sign.

IncendiaryLemon said:
So did Harmonix just say balls to the pre order track exclusivity BS?

Pretty much like what they did with RB3, the folks who pre-order get free DLC and then it's available not long after.

Harmonix have officially confirmed that these lot are available to buy on both platforms:

"All the Rage Back Home" - Interpol
"Backwards Company" - The Wild Feathers
"Cowboys from Hell" (Live from Monsters in Moscow Festival) - Pantera
"Divide" - All That Remains
"Gimme Chocolate!!" - BABYMETAL
"High Road" - Mastodon
"Jane" - Jefferson Starship
"King for a Day" - Pierce the Veil
"The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles" - Marilyn Manson
"Mona Lisa" - Dead Sara
"Move Over" - Janis Joplin
"My Own Eyes" - "Weird Al" Yankovic
"One Big Holiday" - My Morning Jacket
"Rebellion" - Linkin Park
"The Reflex" - Duran Duran
"Run for Cover" - Blitz Kids
"September" - Earth, Wind & Fire
"Sugar, You" - Oh Honey
"Summertime Boy" - Seasick Steve
"Throne" - Bring Me the Horizon
"What If I Was Nothing" - All That Remains
"Would You Still Be There" - Of Mice & Men

The Amazon Pre-order songs have yet to become available.

Back