Revelation Films delay releases until 2009

Sy

Time-Traveller
For those wondering about the status of <strong><em>Revelation Films</em></strong>' <em><strong>Funimation</strong></em> titles, we contacted them directly and they responded with this rather grim sounding message.

<em>"We have decided to postpone all of our remaining releases for 2008 and</em>
<em>concentrate on pushing our existing titles.</em>

<em>A full release schedule for 2009, including the postponed titles, will be</em>
<em>announced later in the year.</em>
<em>&nbsp;</em>
<em>Regards"</em>

In addition to the already lengthy gaps between each volume there is only the final volume of<em><strong> Mushishi</strong></em> left to be released, two remaining for <strong><em>Beck - Mongolian Chop Squad</em></strong> as well as effecting many other releases including <em><strong>School Rumble</strong></em>, <em><strong>Suzuka</strong></em> and <em><strong>Tsubasa Chronicle</strong></em>. It doesn't look good for those of us collecting series from <em><strong>Revelation Films</strong></em>.

How frustrating. I wasn't collecting any (fortunately for me) but I've been tempted by Mushishi whenever I see it so I had a lucky escape there. I hope they get back on track soon.

This growing trend of companies biting off more than they can apparently chew then putting things on hiatus really doesn't encourage people to buy outside of box sets, does it? The list of companies which haven't done this lately is becoming quite small.

R

Revelation seem to be indicating that they will eventually release the remaining volumes. I was collecting BECK and Mushi Shi - so they had better release the final volumes!

Yes it's a severe pain. I put off of importing Mushishi in favour of supporting Rev Films because when they started they looked like they had a good thing going with the starter sets. Then the delays came and I wouldn't see the end of Mushishi until the end of 2008. Now they're saying 2009? I watch things at a slow pace but certainly not that slow.

I can only hope that they will eventually get released and not just fade into nothingness when 2009 hits.

Sweet Jesus, Revelation, how LAME can you be?

Funimation's refusal to sublicence combined with Revelation's overall crapness is going to result in some very sore foreheads from all the facepalming.

I've got BECK 3 yet to be watched, so I'm in no hurry, really and I don't think I want any of their upcoming titles (I can't even remember any) which basically means, nothing has changed for me. I want to get all of Mushishi at some point, though. I suppose, even if its slow, its better than them ADV cut-offs. (them poor 50 people).

Manga Ent, You have my hope.

I have them all :eek:, so I must be the only one silly enough (maybe :roll:).

Just finished off the Moon Phase collection, watched School Rumble vol.3 last night only wanting more and now this?

I think having a volumes out every 3 to 4 months is a bit too much, mostly likely you'll forget whats going on, so we'll see.

Or do you think this is the same lead up as to last time, tranfering all titles over to another distributor?

Check Pinnacle out for Revelation's other releases, and they have only three titles scheduled for the rest of the year. I get the feeling that the Funimation committment was seriously overstretching them. I'm guessing that Navarre have finally realised this and have switched to Manga Ent. I'm hoping that they'll allow Revelation to finish off the releases at their own pace, if they can't find another distro to take over.

What distro would take Mushi-shi, Peach Girl, with just one disc to go? Or Suzuka and Beck with just two?

This why I'm glad I usually spend too much on eBay to start collecting brand new releases.

After picking up way too many individual volumes on the cheap, I refuse to buy incomplete series these days. It's far cheaper to buy sets, box sets are more collectable (art boxes > individual volumes without) and there's no risk of running into this sort of situation.

I don't mind buying individual volumes, as long as the series is completely out. I was planning to get mushishi and school rumble. Now seriously, it's ok not to try and flood the market with anime, but their release schedule has releases every two months, so I'm pretty sure they could do either one volume per month or alternate different titles every month.
On another note, I definitely want to see they releasing the rest of the funimation titles though.

I've never collected a Rev Films title because of the pathetic gap between each volume. So this doesn't affect me in the slightest.

I'm really not bothered what happens to them, but I don't exactly want the UK anime market to crumble. (As if their disappearence would affect it anyway).

Back