Revelation Films delay releases until 2009

This is a kick to the groin. I've been waiting to collect all of school rumble before I start watching any of the ones I've bought already. I got the tin and everything.

Guess I wont be preordering season 2. Anyone know where I can pick up a decent region free player?

LeeDless said:
Just use a regular player then look online to find out how to hack it into region 0. That's what I did.
I'm constantly amazed at how many people still don't know you can do this. It's really simple everyone! Just google your player and "region free" or "region unlock." All it involves is tapping a code into your remote. Nothing more. Then you're Region Free forever! :D

ayase said:
LeeDless said:
Just use a regular player then look online to find out how to hack it into region 0. That's what I did.
I'm constantly amazed at how many people still don't know you can do this. It's really simple everyone! Just google your player and "region free" or "region unlock." All it involves is tapping a code into your remote. Nothing more. Then you're Region Free forever! :D

Not all players have that functionality, mind. MOST of them do...but not all.

You know I havnt collected any of these titles but I am becoming pissed off with the industery as a whole. I mean come on ONE volume of the likes of Mushishi to come out..................push it out for ***** sake.

sorry about that.

Aion said:
This why I'm glad I usually spend too much on eBay to start collecting brand new releases.

After picking up way too many individual volumes on the cheap, I refuse to buy incomplete series these days. It's far cheaper to buy sets, box sets are more collectable (art boxes > individual volumes without) and there's no risk of running into this sort of situation.
Yeah bootleggers never have their licenses pulled. :lol:

It looks like the Limited Edition of the Full Metal Alchemist movie is still set for release but as far as their anime goes that's it until next year.

Mohawk52 said:
Aion said:
This why I'm glad I usually spend too much on eBay to start collecting brand new releases.

After picking up way too many individual volumes on the cheap, I refuse to buy incomplete series these days. It's far cheaper to buy sets, box sets are more collectable (art boxes > individual volumes without) and there's no risk of running into this sort of situation.
I don't think he was talking about e-bay boxsets.

Though, yes, the Chinese Mafia have one up on revolation on that one...

Mohawk52 said:
Aion said:

It's very easy to avoid Chinese/bootleg sets when you know what to look for. Although I've built most of my collection by buying from eBay, I've never once purchased a Chinese/bootleg set.

I was told by someone the other day that the Chinese sets are actually mostly perfectly legal and they're all official releases. They're region free and cheap because the DVDs are aimed at everyone. It would explain why eBay never remove 'em and most have official looking holograms.

It's reassuring to know that Rev are wary of taking anything else on until things settle down (apparently they watched and learned from ADV's ill-fated idea of carpet bombing the market with mediocrity) but it's a shame since I'm trying to collect Beck and Mushishi since they've been on my wishlist for ages!

It is a shame, especially so when it's probably attributed to poor sales - these are good quality shows so I can understand why Rev are disappointed. That said, their schedule was pretty slow to begin with, which probably compounded the problem. I would have thought postponing the subsequent discs would actually make the problem worse, not solve it.

Aion said:
Mohawk52 said:
Aion said:

It's very easy to avoid Chinese/bootleg sets when you know what to look for. Although I've built most of my collection by buying from eBay, I've never once purchased a Chinese/bootleg set.

I was told by someone the other day that the Chinese sets are actually mostly perfectly legal and they're all official releases. They're region free and cheap because the DVDs are aimed at everyone. It would explain why eBay never remove 'em and most have official looking holograms.
My understanding of the situation is, if it included an English dub it is illegal since they do not licence that particular part. Regardless of that many legitimate Chinese (or Hong Kong) companies still published anime with said dubs. The real issue is that it is such a grey area where it is extremely difficult to know what is and is not legally licenced without a lot of research into an item before purchasing it.

I want my School Rumble 2nd Term, and I want it to come with real extras, like the Region 1 version of Season 1 did, Revelation.

*holds back rage*

Aion said:
Yeah, right. Like Ebay really care about that. :lol: :lol: Got 6 to 8 eps per disc have they? :lol: :lol:

A lot of the "Chinese" sets are illegal. Most legit Asian sets are from surrounding countries or Chinese/Japanese language only. It's hard because even in China you see the fake sets in real shops all around you - laws aren't enforced properly at all in many regions. Regions like Singapore and Hong Kong do sometimes put out legit English-subbed discs but those are almost always region coded from my experience.

Clues it's dodgy:

Region 0 advertised as a key feature (some are fine but it's a red flag).
English dub (these are almost never legit on Asian discs unless it's a R3 set).
Name of the company who produced it (pretty much anything with Cartoon or Manga in the name is a bootlegger...with the notable exception of Manga Ent ;)). If it says ADV or Beez or something, you know they're real licensors and you are probably safe.
Ridiculously cheap price or low disc count (a hint it costs them 10p to make it...because they just downloaded or cloned the actual show for free).

You can get plenty of legit stuff on eBay or Amazon zshops and the like, it's just an exercise in attention to detail and experience. I never buy bootlegs but have jumped at the odd 50p random volume of something I'd never normally try when the opportunity arises.

Anyway I hope the UK companies get some PR in soon to get customer confidence back or the only ones I'll be buying singles from here are Beez/MVM at this rate. If they don't want to drive people to wait for box sets only they have to stop punishing people who support them earliest.

R

Oh for the love of feck!

I'm collecting most of those...

It's bad enough with the 3 month gap between each volume and now this.

Still, on the plus side, it's good to know that they've realised they're over reaching and have the bottle to do something about it. ( ADV i'm looking at you. :evil: )

With a bit of luck we'll still get to finish the different series off at some point.

EpicLulz said:
Im beginning to think I should just turn to the "dark side" and download everything illegally.
I'm tempted to pre-order the future volumes of the shows I'm collecting since I'd have saved enough cash by then for when they're out. Maybe that way Revelation will realise the demand is there after all...

The thought that Mushishi may be suffering poor sales is as disappointing as it is mystifying. Sure, it's not Final Fantasy or anything but in the fandom surely new series like this have at least cult status...?

Back