Resident Evil 5(will no doubt contain spoilers)

CitizenGeek said:
This is pretty much what your entire arguement boils down to. I'm fairly certain having played every other RE game does not make RE5 a better game than RE4. Would the boss battles in RE5 have been less of a chore if I had played RE1, or the plain and uninspired (and downright stupid; see: Aztec/Inca ruins in Africa) if I had played RE2? Would the non-existent atmosphere have magically appeared if I'd played RE3 prior to playing RE5? The prevailing opinion among RE fans is that RE4 is by far the better game, too, so I'm inclined to doubt that being a series veteran supernaturally improves the parts of RE5 that were lacking in the quality that RE4 had in abundance.
Just because people said RE4 is the best doesn't mean it is. Because it's essentially the Final Fantasy VII of the Resident Evil series, hyped up to the max. I still think you should play the older games, but you'd have the same ignorant mind-set as you do with the older FF games. But you don't seem to understand, still going on about the Aztec/Inca ruins game. It's a Capcom game, it's not meant to be geographically correct, they don't care bro. Most of their games stories are garbage anyway, Devil May Cry, Lost Planet, Resident Evil, etc. All bad games.

They're Japanese, they're too self-absorbed to care about accurately portraying another country.

RE4 deviates from the origins of the series too much, it's like a side-story. I don't know what Mikami was thinking making it.

Back