Re-releasing anime in the UK

Riding Bean
Cyber City Oedo

I'm guessing u didn't back/missed the Kickstarter for Riding Bean. As for CCO helll yes. I'd also love and preferably in HD (not all had an original uk release)
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Black Jack OVA's
Macross Plus
Venus Wars
Goku Midnight Eye
Megazone 23
Battle Angel Alita

And some personal favourites that no one would like (with a few exceptions)
Angel Cop
Devil Man
Spriggan

I'm guessing u didn't back/missed the Kickstarter for Riding Bean. As for CCO helll yes. I'd also love and preferably in HD (not all had an original uk release)
Cowboy Bebop The Movie
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust
Black Jack OVA's
Macross Plus
Venus Wars
Goku Midnight Eye
Megazone 23
Battle Angel Alita

And some personal favourites that no one would like (with a few exceptions)
Angel Cop
Devil Man
Spriggan

God No. Not Battle Angel. It isn't a bad anime but it really isn't a good one and worthy of rerelease. The rest I'll agree with if only for curiosity (venus wars I'd be doubtful of though as I've seen it and it wasn't brilliant)

P.S only 6 of those anime I don't own, but regardless many of them are classics and need introduced to a new audience.

P.P.S I wasn't aware of the Riding Bean Kickstarter. Shame I missed it. Seems Yeomex is is going through their catalogue. What's on the burner now?

God No. Not Battle Angel. It isn't a bad anime but it really isn't a good one and worthy of rerelease. The rest I'll agree with if only for curiosity (venus wars I'd be doubtful of though as I've seen it and it wasn't brilliant)

P.S only 6 of those anime I don't own, but regardless many of them are classics and need introduced to a new audience.

P.P.S I wasn't aware of the Riding Bean Kickstarter. Shame I missed it. Seems Yeomex is is going through their catalogue. What's on the burner now?

I'd love a re-release of Battle Angel. Especially with a live action film on the horizon it would be a savvy pick up for someone (possibly Manga). Even though its only two OVA's it would benefit from a HD re-master.

Still wouldn't have it. If the movie were to inspire a complete reboot then I'm for it, but the OVA, as watchable as it is, pales massively against the manga.

As I said in my original post, for me it isn't just rerelease, but sometimes a remaster/reboot

I believe it's still available for purchase (Animeigo have the right to distribute here so we aren't going to get a special UK version made by a team with its office in the UK any time soon, and if we did it would probably be a massive waste of effort given that 99% of the potential audience probably backed the KS): Riding Bean High Octane Edition

Animeigo is a sort of unique case in its links to JP companies and leadership so I don't think there's going to be much of a pattern established, even though they've had a lot of success with the Kickstarter projects.

On topic, there's not much I'd like to see rescued personally as there aren't any UK releases I have missed out on. Rereleases of some of the completely ruined glitched stuff would of course be lovely, but most people who cared will have imported replacements where possible. Maybe Slow Step (though I bought the French release) and some other ancient titles like that? A BD UE box for UY? Hey, I can dream.

In terms of the wider industry impact I'd like to see some 'core' titles remain in print permanently, many of which would require rescues at this point. For example, Eva as previously suggested. Again, I already have it (multiple times over), but it's silly that new fans brought in with the Rebuild films can't easily go back and watch the original.

R

I'd like to see re-releases of old shows as well

I'd love to see a nice collectors version of Last Exile, we only have the DVD over here (and the US I believe)
Ah My Goddess is another id like to see picked again.

Back