Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Accel world

Who here has seen?

Ghost in the shell
Hack
Sword art online

They are very similar......If youv seen them then you'll understand.

Animation great
Story good
Charecters.......didn't like them but at the same time liked haru for being the first fat male lead for a anime.

The last episode
the last episode to be honest I felt sorry for seiji.......cause

It was all his brothers fault he ended up like that

Stealing his friend
beating him up
Making him give his points

I felt sorry for him when he was begging for mercy.......haru is such a merciless fat bastard.

Hell he didn't even try to put out his hand to noumi even when he told him why he ended up the way he did............And also haru said that if he became his friend when he started school then they could of been friends.........BUT noumi didn't know any better he didn't know how to trust people.

Even the black king is merciless.

I liked the series but I hate haru.

Haru didn't even show any mercy..........I know noumi was a bit of a bastard but I understand him and wanted to reach out to him.....but haru the fat bastard just kills him without even trying to reach out to him first.

8/10

Last edited by a moderator:
One piece movie 4

Ok this was a movie....it didn't feel like a long episode in the least.......Well maybe a bit but it's still worthy of being called a movie.

Story decent
Animation improved
The characters...lovable as always

8/10

One piece baseball

Silly
6/10

Spice & Wolf: First season of this show is great. Everything feels fresh and new and I hadn't seen anything like it before. Holo the Wise Wolf is one of the funniest and just all round best female lead characters I've ever seen. The relationship between her and Lawrence the male lead is just great to watch. The little adventures they go on through the first season are great and how they get out of situations was just enjoyable to watch. The dub cast for this anime is spot on as well loved both main characters voice actors. Also the animation and soundtrack where all up to a decent standard too. However I just felt the second season dragged on and lost it's spark it might be because I marathoned the second season in one day but it just seemed to drag. 1st Season: 9/10 2nd Season: 7/10

One piece

The cursed sword....I thought the last movie was more movie like but this felt like a movie but a bit lesser if that makes sense.

Animation looks exactly like the show...the last 4 movies didn't have there animation look like the 5th movie has.

Storys decent
Animation like the series
Charecters loveable

8/10

Got lazy again and I didn't know how to put this movie in to words.

Omatsuri Danshaku to Himitsu no Shima (Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) is the sixth One Piece movie and differs in many aspects to the series in terms of animation, sound and character. I have to say now – if you like One Piece for it’s fighting – look elsewhere, this film is all about adding depth to the emotional bonds of the crew, which is picked upon during major arcs in the series, and how important nakama are to everyone.

Story.
Whilst sailing the Grand Line the Mugiwara pirates come upon a message in a bottle, advertising Omatsuri Island (Festival Island), a pirate paradise. But when the crew reach the island eager to kick back and relax, they are propositioned to go through ‘Ordeals’ (much like the Skypiea arc) that are all based on Japanese festival games (goldfish catching etc). Luffy, forever positive, is happy to participate in the ‘games’ while the rest of the crew slowly start to fall apart. Compared to the series, this movie is much more mysterious and, at times, even unsettling, especially towards the end when everything becomes desperate. I’ll leave the Story at that, not wanting to spoil anything.

Animation.
I noticed the art straight away and it first I thought it was just for the opening, but it stays throughout the whole anime and fits perfectly for the more serious tone. The characters are still drawn the same way, but there isn’t any cell-shading (y’know that band of light anime characters get across their hair? Yeah, there’s none of that), it gives a more ‘flat’ and simple look.

Computer animation is also used quite a lot (backgrounds, weapons, plants, goldfish..), especially when they first arrive in the island and are moving through the jungle. It jarred me at first, but eventually I started to like the 2-D characters against a computer animated 3-D background, it some ways it made up for the lack of colour the characters had.

There are also other things in this movie which you wouldn’t find in the series: a First Person Perspective – there are a lot of times where you hear dialogue but you don’t see our characters. Sanji also breaks the fourth wall a few times (turning to the viewer and speaking to them) early on.

Sound.
Where do I begin? I think after the art, the sound is something easily noticed. I cannot express how much I adored how the sound was used in this film, rather the background music or lack thereof. During the opening, there’s some steel drums and very ‘Caribbean’ music – highlighting the fact that the Mugiwaras are heading to a paradisiacal island (this actually reminded me of a certain Disney movie ¬_¬).

I can’t really remember any distinct scores of music in the film, but that’s probably because there are massive gaps of silence in the music. I loved it. It’s common that during a film we’re subconsciously affected by the soundtrack, it’s even more common that we can’t remember things like background music unless it’s highlighted. In this film, the lack of music really works; it makes us focus our attention on the characters and their expressions, their emotions and conversations. Often, the camera would be fixed on a character for a number of seconds with no dialogue or music, and even no real animation. It can feel a bit strange at times because you end up thinking to yourself “It would be more interesting if they were actually doing something” but looking back it enhances the overall style and feel of the movie.

As usual, the seiyuus of One Piece are brilliant.

Character.
This is probably the most important aspect of the movie, as in most movies that are based off a series; you need to be able to introduce your characters effectively for the familiar and unfamiliar audience. Within the first five minutes, we are shown all of the main characters personalities and desires quickly, whether it be Sanji’s affection for beautiful women or Nami’s for luxuries, Usopp’s ‘cautiousness’ or Zoro’s aloofness. For an unfamiliar viewer it helps you understand who these characters are, and their motives, for the familiar viewer, it’s fun to see the characters basic urges being poked fun of.

I’d say through the film we see (without trying to spoil anything) a different side of the characters, or at least in their attitude towards each other. Misunderstandings occur, arguments happen, crew members go missing and suddenly everyone’s fighting with each other. If, like me, when you watch One Piece’s emotional scenes (the character’s pasts, Luffy and Usopps fight etc) you actually feel for the characters, you cheer Luffy on, and when your favourite is beaten, you feel beaten too, this movie will get to you. The sight of the main characters drifting apart is painful and you think “What are doing you idiots? You’re nakama!” – that is the key to this whole film.

To touch upon the new characters that are solely in this film, they all have their own charm – I found Brief endearing and funny, the Tearoom pirates, despite their smaller amount of screen time, managed to have their own story and a family dynamic. Finally, Baron Omatsuri and the rest of the Island’s inhabitants are probably the most difficult characters to talk about. Personally, I probably felt more pity for them than anything else, despite the Baron being the ‘villain’. Characters like Muchigoro and DJ had the strange ability to invoke fear and sympathy at the time, I found it hard to completely dislike them even though they were the enemy.

Enjoyment.
Briefly, everything I love about One Piece was in this movie – the characters, the humour and the usual emotional nakama-related plot. If you enjoy One Piece for the same reasons, I highly recommend you watch this. I would even perhaps recommend this to people who haven’t watched the series, but I doubt it would have the same impact as it would for fans.

9/10

Supernatural: The Anime Series
9/10
Absolutely Brilliant!
This anime is so close to being flawless! The characters are all really likeable, the overall style is fresh and cool, the arcs are VERY engaging and the animation is great! I'm not all that into episodic animes, but some of these stand alone episodes are some of the absolute best I have ever seen in anime! I would list which ones were my favourite, but almost all of them are brilliant! The only bad thing i have to say is that a couple of the episodes weren't great. And to those of you who are a little cautious about not knowing anything from the Live action series, don't worry. Everything is explained in the anime anyway, so anyone can jump in. Heck i only watched 2 episodes and everything was fine for me.

Overall, Supernatural The anime Series is one of the best animes I've seen in a while! This is HIGHLY recommended!!!!

Dragonball GT season 2
6.5/10
Not as good as the previous season but still kinda fun.
This set stars of with the conclusion of the Baby which is a good finale. Then it starts off with the Super Android 17 arc, which is a pretty naff arc and the worst in GT IMO. The arc involved enemies from previous shows coming back to life. this was such a missed opportunity! Goku's fight with Cell and Freiza should have been AWESOME!, but was instead more of a crappy comedic fight. Also, Why make Android 17 the main villain of this arc? Why him specifically? I never really found him that much of an interesting character and it felt really random. Why not have Raditz the main villain? That would have been much more interesting seeing as he is Goku's brother. Also Goku's fight with Super Android 17 is one of the worst fights in Dragonball history. The last arc is the black star arc which is still not fantastic, but it was alot better than the previous. I thought that the concept of the Dragonballs being used too much and releasing some evil dragons born from wishses was pretty interesting. Some of the dragons were absolute jokes and felt very out of place in a Dragonball anime, and the fact that Goku struggled to beat them was embarrassing. Nova, Ice and Omega were the only good ones. The fight with Omega Shenron was awesome though, and he literally seemed like he was a villain that they could not beat at all!! And finally the ending. That ending was absolutely heartbreaking! I was in tears! the ride from Dragonball to all the way to GT Was an absolute Blast!!

Overall, Dragonball GT season 2 is pretty good, even with the naff first arc. This also has a very satisfying ending which i think all Dragonball fans will find very emotional!

Berserk movies 1-3

The bad stuff

Ok the cgi sorta ruins the movies but at the same time the effect look brilliant.

It's sorta rushed but at the same time it's got good pacing.

The series is more paced and gives more development then the movies.

Ok the good stuff

Despite the cgi being a pain...not that it's bad it's just that it makes it look like a game then a anime but thats not to say it's all cgi but there is animation in it.........but that animation and effects look so brilliantly good ......at times

The story...same as the series but at least we don't have that damn cliffhanger........a few things was taken out and a few charecters that wasn't in the tv series and manga only makes an appearance...

The characters...great.

I thought it was a great series and hope one day they will animate the rest of the series one day

9/10

black1blade said:
Some scenes used 3d quite well like guts vs 100 swordsmen.

And the eclipses bit was great too.

And this is the first time in a few since I have seen a anime that has frontal female nudity.....up and down......It's like thatpubic hair is the censor ship bar lol

animefreak17 said:
black1blade said:

And this is the first time in a few since I have seen a anime that has frontal female nudity.....up and down......It's like thatpubic hair is the censor ship bar lol

The third film improves a great deal over the first two, especially on the CGI front.

Personally, I'd have to say Berserk 3 is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen - it certainly doesn't lack impact. Suffice to say, it properly screws with your mind, but from an artistic sense, it's actually incredible well done - parts of it feel like they owe a lot to End of Evangelion.

Lutga said:
animefreak17 said:
black1blade said:

The third film improves a great deal over the first two, especially on the CGI front.

Personally, I'd have to say Berserk 3 is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen - it certainly doesn't lack impact. Suffice to say, it properly screws with your mind, but from an artistic sense, it's actually incredible well done - parts of it feel like they owe a lot to End of Evangelion.

Well artistic yes but disturbing no....iv seen anime ever since it was showing on sci fi years ago must of been around 13-16 or something and if was the first time I saw animation be so gory violent and swearing, guns killing people........And it completely blew my mind.....And I wanted more

Violence jack
Ghost in the shell
Akira
Gun buster serge
Bubble gum crisis
Black jack

And loads of loads

Today's anime is all moe and school life but back in the day......those was some really great anime.

And the berserk mmovies defiantly had that feel of violence and gore and nudity.

Yeah the cgi isn't as in your face in the third one.....I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the series but I do want to have the rest of the series made.

But despite that...I thought is was great

The princesses and the pilot

I thought this movie was going to be a one off movie with stereotype characters and a half assed story....but I was wrong.

It's about a princess........who knew and she is the bride to be to a princes from another country but one thing's leads to another and a pilot has to get her to a meeting place........

If you watch it you'll understand that it's good trust me.

The animation was good
The characters ....I just loved them
The ending.........beautiful
Story........good

It's not over the top action packed BUT it has something that makes you like it.

I liked it.

9/10

Steins;Gate: Finally signed up to Netflix too watch this anime as it's had a lot of hype around it and I've noticed it's been in a lot of peoples top ten lists lately. I have to say I can see why it's getting in peoples top tens as I really enjoyed it. The first 6 episodes are slow but after that the story really starts to kick in and the second half of the show is just brilliant. All the characters where great but the two main characters just stole the show really. The relationship between them and just the comedy moments in the show were just brilliant. In the mist of all this the show throws some major plot twists that you just don't see coming at all. I reckon it was all wrapped up nicely with a fantastic ending as well which is something hard to find in recent anime. I watched this anime dubbed and I have to say thought the casting was done well. Also have to say I loved the opening song it's definitely earned a place among my favorite opening songs. 9/10

Naruto Shippuden: Blood Prison

Just as good as the last two Shippuden movies. Decent plot and you get too see the side characters who don't get any screen time get some. Can't wait to watch Road To Ninja soon. 8/10

Joe vs joe

I thought it was going to be about each episode being nothing hut rounds of boxing....sure it's about boxing but the two joes dont fight til the last episode

The animation looks like early experiments for computer animation.

6.5/10

Back