Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Fairy tail the exseeds arc

This part of the series was just as good as the rest of the series......It's been like half a year or more since I started it and buying the anime.......It's not over the top but it's a calming anime that doesn't stress you out......And that's what I like about it

Iv taken a liking to fairy tail

No school life
No romance
Just adventure with light fan service.....

9/10

Space Dandy Season 1
8/10
Absolutely awesome!!

I picked this up at the Expo back in October. it had been on my radar for a while, and wasn't even aware it was gonna be on sale at the expo.

This anime, to me anyway, felt like something that would be on Cartoon Network, as it felt like it borrowed elements from cartoons from that company. Space Dandy was very similar to Johnny Bravo, The three main characters were unlucky idiots just like Ed Edd n Eddy, one of the villains was a green faced moneky/gorilla just like Mojo JoJo and the overall style and colours were very bright and vibrant just like a cartoon network show. This to me made the show feel fresh, original and nostalgic for all the old cartoons i used to watch on CN back in the day. Whether this was intentional I don't know.

This characters were definitely the highlight of the show. The three main characters, Space Dandy, QT and Meow, were always fun to watch and were never boring! The animation here was top Notch! There was never a moment where it felt like the animation budget went down hill! All episodes had FANTASTIC animation! Everything felt alive, the backgrounds all looked different from each other so every planet they visited looked original and fresh, all the weird looking aliens looked amazingly detailed and so on! Some of the best animation I've seen in an anime. The music in Space Dandy is also great! The opening is EXTREMELY catchy and is probably one of my most favourite openings now!

The only bad thing to say about the show is that a few of the episodes didn't feel finished. Like episode 13 ended so abruptly, which is a shame as it was probably one of the best and most engaging episodes on the set.

Overall, Space Dandy is very well animated, funny and engaging show with some very likeable characters. highly recommended :)

That sounds cool. I noticed that Space Dandy was recommended to me on Netflix. I'll have to check it out.

Last one I watched: Deadman Wonderland.

6/10 - Started great, I had a feeling that I was going to really love it, but quickly degenerated. Really cool Death Race 2000-esque premise, but the whole plot just kinda falls to pieces after a couple of episodes. Then, towards the end, it just feels like they knew it was going to be cancelled. Not bad, not by any means, but just kinda average. A waste of a cool concept.

One Piece Movie Collection 3:

The Giant Mechanical Soldier of Karakuri Castle (Movie 7): This was just an average movie. Half decent animation predictable plot. Some bits of nice action but made up for it because of the great characters in One Piece. Movie was nothing special. 6/10

The Desert Princess and the Pirates - Adventures in Alabasta (Movie Eight): Didn't watch this one in the collection I watched it via the funimation blu-ray which had the dub. Dub was solid, music was put in the right places and this had the 2nd best animation I've seen from One Piece just behind Strong World. This is a remake of the Alabasta arc which was an arc I really enjoyed when watching the series. The movie adaptation was done brilliantly and didn't skip out any key points and also it didn't feel rushed. 8/10

Episode of Chopper + The Miracle Winter Cherry Blossom (Movie 9): This was a remake of the Chopper arc which I didn't think was the best of arcs to begin with. However the movie added some new characters, added Robin and Franky who originally wasn't in this arc and also some new music and they managed to blend all this in quite well. However the animation considering it was a movie was pretty poor and felt worse than filler episode animation at times. 7/10

Bleach hell verse movie 4

I saw the starter in the series and it got me curious.

And the movie hell verse is the better movie of the movies of bleach.....

ichigos sister is kidnapped and he has to get her back from sinners it's a very simple story

The animation was good
The story simple
The characters I sympathise for especially kadotu or what ever his name is.........I can understand stand him even tho he was wrong what he did but I just couldn't help but feel for him.

My view on hell......in bleach
in hell your eaten by these giants again and again and the deeper you go the more horrible it gets......

I mean everyone makes mistakes and when someone who does a bad thing they are sent to hell and never will escape to be tormented for all eternity............

I mean that is just messed up man....i know it's not real and I know hell doesn't really exist...........but jesus Christ .......

Being eaten
Being stepped on and crushed
Chains bound to you forever so the giants can get you easier
And if you escape hell your pulled back in.

Ok I might sound like I'm insane for being scared at this concepts...but if I was sent to hell for sins and I couldn't get out or be forgiven and can't be reborn in to something else.......that is scary in my point of view.

Wish kubotu got out I really felt bad for the guy

Great movie 9/10

I hear that the creator of bleach is ending the series with the Quincy arc.....To be honest......

His done the soul society
Soul reapers
Hollows
Arrancars
Full- something
And such
And now it's the Quincy arc......

I think it would be better if he did a arc on hell....I know I just saw the movie but a arc on hell would of been better for his last arc ......his done all the others why not hell...It's a good idea

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleach series 13 part 1 and 2 and series 14 part 1

Mostly about the arrancars and azain and to be honest it was a good fight on the part of the arrancars and when aizen came in to fight......it was a all different game and

how he said he planned out ichigos whole life was a bit of a shocker and I think there's more to aizens plan then we know of

Great series still love it

9/10

Hal

Ok for a 60 min movie it's brilliant just brilliant

The animation gorgeous
The characters good
Story............................simple but it's great

I won't give anything away but it's worth the watch

10/10

Highschool DxD New (S2)

As a harem/booby/fan service shows go this is probably the best out there, I used to be a sucker for these but most of the stories were utter crap and uninspiring but this show is certainly an exception. The plot is very decent and it's because of this, I think the show relies on the fan service element a bit too much. We had more depth and development for the characters. Scott Freeman killed it as Issei(sp) some of his line delivery were hilarious.

8/10

Diabolik lovers

I have nothing to say but this

To all girls

If you like vampires
And if your a masochist
And you like being treated like crap

Then your in heaven with this series.

But with me it does nothing

The story is crap
The characters are cardboard cut out stereotypes
Animation a bit dark

5/10

animefreak17 said:
Diabolik lovers

To all girls

If you like vampires
And if your a masochist

The story is crap
Animation a bit dark

5/10

Hey, I'll have you know that sadistic moderators can like it too! ;)

R

Rui said:
animefreak17 said:
Diabolik lovers

To all girls

If you like vampires
And if your a masochist

The story is crap
Animation a bit dark

5/10

Hey, I'll have you know that sadistic moderators can like it too! ;)

R

Note to self........don't piss of rui looool.

Have you seen it......I'm pretty damn sure loads of girls would love this.......

It's like 50 shades of Gray........but with

Vampires
Loads of sexy boys
Forcing them selfs on her

I'm pretty sure this is a girls paradise anime......

If you haven't go watch it I'm sure you will like it rui

One Piece: Film Z: Finally finished watching all the One Piece films. I have to say this is the best out of the lot the animation, story, villains and fights are all superior to all the other films. This can basically be classed as canon to the main story as everything in this film is related too the story. I'd class it as the same as the 3D2Y special where we get information on things that have been skipped in the manga that we will probably never get. This film takes place between the fish man island arc and the punk hazard arc. It could of even been a 20-30 episode arc in the anime it was actually that good. My only complaint with the film is that they once again put new music in instead of using the original music from the anime. In terms of Shonen films this is up there with Battle of Gods for me as one of the best. 9/10

Dragonball GT: A Hero's Legacy
7/10
A decent movie with a fairly good end to GT

There isn't really much to say about this movie. It was just about Goku Jr. looking for the four star Dragonball so that he can wish Pan to get better. It just felt like a long episode. Not to say it was bad though. The animation was really good and it was heart breaking at times. You root for Goku Jr. all the way through! Only bad thing to say is that it lacked action.

Overall, something to watch if you're a die hard Dragonball fan and if it's a rainy day. Check it out.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt: This anime is aimed at a western audience as when watching it I felt like I was watching the Powerpuff Girls on drugs. This anime looks more like a cartoon than an anime an is the first of it's type I've watched. This is just a pure comedy anime where you can just switch your mind off and laugh. The dub voice actors for the main two characters are brilliant and I couldn't imagine it being as funny subbed. Also the song when Panty & Stocking transform is quality. 8/10

Oreimo season one

Ok il be honest I loved the first season of this its like welcome to the nhk but it also tackles stuff like

Don't change the work of its creator
A outsiders point of view of otakus
Just because you like anime and games and such doesn't make you a bad person........in a way.
Ect that sort of stuff
Being a good brother ect ect

It was funny I could almost cry
Loved how it went though to the end of season 1

It's a piece of art..

9/10.....I would of given it a 10 but sadly season 2 happened.

Season 2

Ok I loved the first season but the second season was ruined the series......

It didn't have any issues to tackle
It RUSHED though it
And the worst part of all is...

The brotherconfessed his feelings to his sister very sick **** there

I couldn't believe this was the series that I came to love so much and it changed so badly ............I just don't believe that they would do this to a fantastic series.......I could get past the tv series it wasn't as good....but

The OVAs destroyed this series..........And it was extremely painful to watch.

The brother is the biggest idiot in ANIME ever.

Girls are hanging off him and there are a few good girls who is in love with him are very
Fun
Sexy
Cute
Ect
Something that the parent's would be proud of....

And what does he do he picks his sister

Wish he was real so I could stab him with a kitchen knife

Also they decided to make the childhood friendthe bad guy who is the most nicest character in the series..........What the hell is up with that
Tv series 7/10
OVAs........2/10

Infinite Stratos - 7/10
Definitely one of the better harem shows out there. It gets a little dull once all the girls have been introduced, but the first five or so episodes where everything is set up are spot on. I know a lot of people like the more action/mech orientated parts of the series, but for me it's all about the characters. I love that the English dub does the accents too - Cecilia absolutely makes the show, as does Charlotte.

It does make me laugh how Ichika is completely and utterly clueless to all the female wiles though - more than any harem lead, he seems absolutely hopeless when it comes to initiating any kind of romance.

Claymore - 8/10
I first dipped into a little of this about a year ago and loved the epic, fantasy feel to the show. Having sat down to watch the series in full now, it definitely did most of the things I wanted it to. The animation looks a little dated by today's standards, and I still can't decide whether the monster designs are good or absolutely awful. Also, the ending felt pretty rushed, you can tell they were struggling to cut it off neatly compared to the continuing manga.

That aside, I still think that in terms of tone, this is one of the best fantasy anime out there - it handles characterisation brilliantly too, to be applauded all the more because the Claymores themselves look semi-identical. I love the themes of self sacrifice and I like that the show has the nerve to spend a few episodes purely on flashbacks and then use them as the backbone behind the real heart of the show. I kind of wish there was more 'high fantasy' style stuff like this in today's anime schedule.

Best bits for me have to be the Teresa/Clare flashback episodes and Quicksword Elena's 'gift' to Clare.

The Wind Rises (2013)

Having avoided it thus far due, frankly, to sheer lack of interest, I was pleasantly surprised to see this film was a much livelier, wittier affair than I'd expected and the level of visual craft on display is absolutely astonishing. Nevertheless, for all the fantastical flourishes and bittersweet romance, I feel the underlying narrative is so sober and low-key that it's difficult not to see it as Miyzaki going out with a respectful bow, rather than any grandoise display.

Professor Irony said:
The Wind Rises (2013)

Having avoided it thus far due, frankly, to sheer lack of interest, I was pleasantly surprised to see this film was a much livelier, wittier affair than I'd expected and the level of visual craft on display is absolutely astonishing. Nevertheless, for all the fantastical flourishes and bittersweet romance, I feel the underlying narrative is so sober and low-key that it's difficult not to see it as Miyzaki going out with a respectful bow, rather than any grandoise display.

I think that was the thing that really got me about it - the sheer and utter bittersweetness of the romance that lies at the heart of the film. Also, a thing that Ghibli has always done very well - depicting that sort of halcyon-tinged memories of a more simple age, a last age of innocence before war swept all that away. Painted out against a historic backdrop too, it felt like it had all the more gravitas too.

To some extent, I think Wind Rises might have just played too close to Porco Rosso for me. Much of the setting and mood seemed to mirror it, but it didn't resonate with me the way Porco Rosso did.

Back