Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

AntAce said:
At this rate, do I dare give Kill La Kill a watch?

You might as well, though I find the first half to be not as great as the second half was.

Regarding AoT, I'll admit I am worried with the plot direction because if there are people who can transform into titans then why on earth are they eradicating humanity (aside from Eren, unless some massive plot twist occurs), it makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
AntAce said:
Attack on Titan

I went into the series with a degree of scepticism; word on the street was (and still is) that it was a riveting watch and a real tour de force, but my experience of viewing Sword Art Online, a series steeped in just as much fanfare, was always at the back of my mind. On completing Attack on Titan, I can safely say that scepticism was well placed.

The visual were nice. The music was so-so. Genuinely interesting nuggets of plot direction that are rendered moot because the mangaka is pansy. Some likable characters, but unfortunately their characterisation is limited to a sentence, delivered by bald anime R. Lee Ermey. The bits that were supposed to be funny were funny, for the most part.

5/10

Now that I think about it, thematically there are some similarities to George Romero's Land of the Dead, so that might explain why I didn't like it so much.

Wait I thought ATTACK ON TITAN was well liked and received loads of positive views...........I haven't seen it my self so seeing your take on the series iv became a bit sceptical.

NormanicGrav said:
AntAce said:

You might as well, though I find the first half to be not as great as the second half was.
I probably will end up watching it, but not anytime soon; in my current frame of mind, there's no way I could be fair to it.

Regarding AoT, I'll admit I am worried with the plot direction because if there are people who can transform into titans then why on earth are they eradicating humanity (aside from Eren, unless some massive plot twist occurs), it makes no sense.
My biggest bugbear was the deal with Eren's basement. They set up this plot point from the first episode, denoting it to be the primary dilemma of the series, but it's abandoned early on in favour of poorly written drama and plot twists.

Out of curiosity, once I'd finished up with the series, I proceeded to read the latest chapter summaries on the AoT Wikia. In doing so, I feel that I've lost nothing of any value.

AntAce said:
Out of curiosity, once I'd finished up with the series, I proceeded to read the latest chapter summaries on the AoT Wikia. In doing so, I feel that I've lost nothing of any value.

Could you believe the author originally wanted the story to end with everyone dead.

Well at least he's planning to end it at 20 volumes at least.

Fate/zero

At first I was going to think this series was going to be like stay night and have a climax just like stay night and have students and high school and **** like that and saver was going to be my favourite charecters.............

OMG WHAT a show this series gives us.

I fell in love with this Series I mean.......Ok ok ok l start off with this

1 the animation especially on bluray is so smooth and clear and the effects are done really well........It's just really really nice and done just right

2 the story it's about before stay night and it's done really really well even tho there is a few things that points out a few things that's going to happen in stay night.

3 the characters...........il just say it......rider is easily my favourite charecters in this series without even thinking about it.....He's confident, big hearted, and he's noble phantasm is by far the coolest in my opinion..........

Saver a returning spirit, Gilgamesh another one, and the others are just as interesting.

Some characters I wish was dead some characters I wish would oflived but seeing what they was trying to do and wanted to do is pretty damn intense.

4 The fights are good

The history behind these characters

The drama was great

The music

It's mature

No fan services

It doesn't take place in school.......thank God

It's just a perfect example of why I love anime so much.....I just love this series and I'm looking forward to seeing fate stay night 2014.........It's almost the perfect anime.

I laughed
I cried.......boy did I cry
I was in to it
I was in shock

It's done so brilliantly and I hope they make stay night 2014 just as good and hope they make future projects just as good.

10/10

NormanicGrav said:
AntAce said:

Could you believe the author originally wanted the story to end with everyone dead.

Well at least he's planning to end it at 20 volumes at least.

I'm not sure the author has departed from his original plan, if the series is anything to go by. :lol: Not that I have any issue with characters dieing. In fact, Eren should have died when he was devoured - actually give Mikasa and Armin some motivation. But, of course, you can't lose your super-powered protagonist. :roll: I just want to know what's in the bloody basement, but I'm going to have to trudge through more nonsensical BS to find out.

Code breaker:

Pros: Interesting set up, main male protagonist was not your run of the mill good guy, which I liked.( Female protagonist was slightly annoying IMO).
The supporting cast were pretty fun. Soundtrack was pretty decent too.

Cons: Lame Villains with lame motives. 13 episodes. I felt this show needed 24-26 to help stretch things out, it just felt rushed towards the end and I didn't like how things ended up, not after the sweet build up they done before.

Score:
One Time Watch only. 6/10.

NormanicGrav said:
Could you believe the author originally wanted [Attack on Titan] to end with everyone dead.
I feel like this would have been more thematically consistent than whatever ends up happening.

12/10
Yeah yeah yeah it's not an anime I know. I reviewed the last Avatar series, might as well do this one.

I honestly cannot find words to describe how good this show is. Everything is done so well. I am now madly in love with this series.

First the plot. The story in this, just like the previous series, is fantastic. The series seriously keeps you at the edge of you're seat the entire time. The plot revolves around Korra, the next airbender struggling to learn how to air bend, but the terriost group known as the equalits plan on stopping the benders in republic city. Quite a naff summery of the plot but I'm doing this on my iPad so it's slightly hard to do.

The characters here are all great and have decent screen time and development. Korra is probably one of the best female fictional characters I've seen In sooooo long. She's got a spunky attitude, but it's never jarring! In fact, you're routing for her all the way. The other characters are also very fun to watch. Bo Lin was very funny, Mako was the strong silent type and Amon was the mysterious villain who was ALWAYS fun to watch while he was on the screen.

The animation is absolutely superb! They do not cut corners here even once!! The animation in the previous series was marvellous, and to think the animation here is better is very surprising. The fight scenes are well choreographed, full of life and always a blast to watch. The setting always feels alive and the backgrounds were done so well!

Possibly my favourite scene in the the series wasAmon and his brothers death. It's done so beautifully and you really feel sad for them even though they were villains ( well I spose amons brother wasn't really a villain but still) I'm also quite surprised Nickelodeon allowed a murder/suicide scene in the show)

Trust me, I could talk about this all day and in better detail but doing this on my iPad is surprisingly tedious and a slight hassle.

Overall, Avatar Legend of Korra is an absolute masterpiece so far. Great plot, loveable characters, fantastic animation and kick ass fight scenes! Cannot wait to see book 2 which comes out October in the UK :D

Steamboy 7.5/10
This was a good film but I found it quite boring in places. It's also quite forgetable (I watched it yesterday and can't remember half the film).

Card captor sakura

It's been so long since I heard the English dub of the characters from the series but it's the first time I've seen the movie.......And

It does nothing.........And that's it

7/10

trollfaceburp said:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru 10/10
I like how reality is shown in this anime. Really funny and so many feels.
Couldn't agree more, maximum feels and a solid 10/10. This is probably the show I've spent the most time trying to convince people of its merits over the last year or so.

Air Gear - 7.5/10

Decent Series with an interesting plot, good characters, good soundtrack and a very good dub. Ending was a shame but that's probably because the series hasn't actually ended as there are 37 Manga volumes and only a 25 episode anime series.

Air Gear: Break on the Sky OVA's - 9/10

The OVA's are a lot better than the series even though I liked the dub the sub wasn't bad either. Highly recommend that anyone who watches the series needs to watch the OVA's.

One Piece Movie Collection 1 (Movies 1-3) - 8/10

They aren't anything special as all three are around 50 minutes long and the animation is old style. But if you are a big fan of One Piece (Like myself) then you will very much enjoy all these 'films'. I use the word films when to be honest they feel more like specials when compared to for example Strong World.

Infinite Stratos - 8/10
Really enjoyed this series, the dub was good and I actually like the characters. It reminded me alot of strike witches so if you liked that its worth a watch.

To love ru darkness

Iv seen the first season which was made up of comedy
And
Motto which was made up of fan services but still had the same cast

Darkness was a shift of cast to momo and yumi mostly but it was ok

7/10

High School of the Dead: 8/10

Don't need to say much about the series as nearly everyone's seen it an that's because it is a fun series. I didn't think the fan service was that bad but then episode 6 happened.... and then the OVA happened.

Back