Rate the last anime you watched out of 10

Naruto: Find the Four Leaf Red Clover - 7/10

Even though it was just filler, I found it quite entertaining. It made me laugh a few times as well and because this was sub only I had chance to listen to the Japanese cast and they were excellent.

The Garden of Words

46 minutes of sheer beauty. Gorgeous animation and a mature and heartfelt story, with the angst dialed down a few notches from 5cm, but still perfectly observed.

No one does rain (or trains) quite like Shinkai.

I rather think this has just knocked 5cm down into the #2 slot on my fave anime list.

11/10

duoinchains said:
Aku no Hana ep 8.

The one where they walk for 10 minutes...

Builds up the suspense nicely throughout the ep, a false reveal, then the real gut-puncher at the end. Fantastic!
This show would be so much more genuine with actual gut-punching (I am yet to see episode 8, so amend this to a post of sheer delight if you were being literal)

One Piece Collection 1
8/10
Aaah it feels so good to see this again! I havn't seen One Piece since the 4kids version aired years ago. And seeing it this time uncut and not edited was fantastic!

The story and characters are probably what makes One Piece so great! each arc involves engaging plots and interesting characters, and with these two elements combined, it makes you wanting MOOOOORE!!! The main cast are also good. Sanji is probably my favourite character so far.

The animation is also good and is consitant. The animation is especially good when the fight scenes begin. Each fight scene is well choriographed and are always entertaining, seeing as characters have there own original fighting styles and powers. Such as: Sanji only using kicks, Zoro uses swords, Kuro using speed etc.

ALso the new dub by funimation is alot better than expected. They all suit there characters pretty well. Some of the characters worth mentioning:

Luffy: SO much better then the 4kids version and the 4kids voice actor for Luffy did'nt even try!
Sanji: SOOOOOOOOOOO much better! Why did 4kids think it was needed for him to have a Brooklyn accent?!?!

The two characters whos voices i preferred in the 4kids version, are Zoro and Don Krieg. Sabat is good as Zoro, but tbh i think the 4kids version was spot on! And for Don Krieg, his funimation voice doesnt sound threatening at all! I swear it's the same voice as the preist from the first episode of FMA? lol

The only down side to this, also this is kind of a nit pick, is that it does drag in places. The kuro arc lasts for 9 episodes and takes up most of the DVD. Don't get me wrong its a good arc, but it could of easily been reduced to 5 maybe. and yes i know, most shonen shows are like this. But this is the only bad thing i can think of.

Overall, One Piece collection 1 is a blast! check it out! Looking forward to collection 2 :D

Red Hawk - 7/10

Last night I got round to about my 3rd watch of this and it's never been a great anime but I've always enjoyed it for its action and cool main character. Well I was all set to give it a 6/10, I didn't really enjoy it and thought the fights were poor (bit dated). Anyway I put it on this morning to try and find out the names for the 2 female characters (still don't know) and caught one the fight scenes, it looked pretty good, so I flicked to all the fight scenes again and really enjoyed them. I guess I just wasn't in the mood last night. Probably need to stop checking who the voice cast are when I'm supposed to be watching it as well. It just bugs me when recognise a voice :D

The animation is your old style stuff which I actually quite like and I think some of it is really well done, especially for its age. Although just to point out it was actually made in Korea not Japan.

As for the dub, there were only 3 characters that were decently dubbed Jan Chang, who was dubbed by David Lucas (aka Steve Blum), this was obviously early in his career though but he did a good enough job and the 2 female characters were decent, i believe these were Wendee Lee & Bridgett Hoffman and I'm sure you'll know them from other stuff, the rest is your usual early Manga Ent. Dub :p

Like I said its not gonna win any awards for its story but it does have some entertaining action.

Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore - 5/10

Overly long (even at only 1hr 20m) and dull with some good action set pieces.

Qwaser seasons 1 and 2

Boobies boobies boobies boobies, I have no idea what the story's about tho, something about elements.

This is a shotacons and lolitas dream series and has to be te most ecchiest and series iv ever seen,

I envy the kid in this series he gets all the boobs he's wants and sucks on them.

A lil warning to new comers

* don't watch this series unless you like fan service, hell think it would be to much for people who likes fan service*

I just wish theyd put some hair down there if you know what I mean lol.

For fan service

10/10

For story

Ummmmmm something about elements ?/10

Naruto: Series 1 - 8/10

This is the 2nd attempt at watching this and I am certainly enjoying it more than the first. The 3 main characters Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura are all very interesting/entertaining in their own right, the actions quite good and its making me laugh (a rarity with me and any anime show). Also when it gets serious its very interesting indeed. Now for series 2.

Tekken: The Motion Picture
6/10
A mediocre movie that could of been ALOT better!

Before i waffle about what i didnt like about the movie, I'll start with the things i did like. Even though they were pretty brief, the fights were decent. The fight scene with the dinosaurs were probably the highlight of the entire movie. I also liked the character designs aswell. Kazuya actually looked pretty badarse. Also the animation is actually ok. The movement is pretty fluied most of the time, and backgrounds are nice and colourful.

Now for the things i didn't like:

My biggest complain with the movie is the inclusion of all the plots happening at once. FIrst you have Kazuya wanting revenge for his father throwing him off a cliff, then there is the two investigators checking out the tournament, One of the investigators is trying to stop Kazuya, Lee wants power and the big **** cyborg is trying to save a girl. Not only are there too many storylines happening at once, but they are all pretty crap and poorly executed. And with all of these happening at the same time, you start to lose interest in the movie and in the end, you dont care what happens! Kazuya wanting revenge for his dad throwing him off a cliff. Really? Thats the main plot? Thats the best they could come up with? That is pretty lame! Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed if my dad threw me off a cliff to, but to me that is a pretty crappy main plot and is actually stupid to the point its funny. Also the sub-plot with the investigators pretty much dissapears within the second half of the movie, and instead concentrates on the female investigator (i forget her name) trying to stop Kazuya from getting revenge. this sub plot just becomes jarring after a while. The sub plot with the cyborg sucks also. The backstory for the reason why the cyborg wants to save the girl is very rushed so you don't really care! But thats enough about the plot.

Like i mentioned earlier, while the fight scenes are ok, they end WAAAAAY too quickly! Just as you are about to get pumped for a fight, it ends quicker then a heartbeat! It seems they were concentraing too much on those GOD DAMN STORYLINES!!! For a movie based on a very popular game based on FIGHTING, it sure does lack long fight scenes.

Lastly, the dub. I understand that this is an early dub, but the delivery of the lines were awful! It's as if they hired a bunch of hobos off the street to do the voices! I expect better from ADV films

It seemed as if this movie was trying way too hard to replicate Street Fighter 2 the animated movie, but fails in the process. TBH, i didnt even think Street Fighter 2 was that good of a movie to begin with, but thats just me.

Overall, a film that, while isnt the worst, is far from the best. This could of been something so much better. Watch on a rainy day and you have nothing else to do

^boooo. All these bad Tekken reviews upset me. I think I'm the only one who thinks it's brilliant.

Flowers of Evil 7-8

This is complete lunacy. Lunacy of the worst kind. episode 8 also contained possibly the most boring 5 minutes of animation I have ever seen. To be honest I only tolerated about 1 minute of the sequence before I started fast forwarding, but I couldn't believe just how long it went on for. Mystifying stuff. This is honestly one of the most masochistic viewing experiences I have ever come across. I have no clue how I have made it through 8 episodes. Yet things seem to be coming to a head finally, so I may yet continue to inflict this punishment on myself...

I think you're being overly deliberate in your tsundere approach here, vash. The atmosphere during those first few minutes of ep 8 was perfectly pitched, I would use "captivating" rather than "mystifying", and I'm pretty convinced you only wish you weren't enjoying it. :p

and I'm pretty convinced you only wish you weren't enjoying it.

haha, you could be right be there. Though I have genuinely been shouting expletives at my computer screen consistently through every episode after the first. I challenge anyone to watch this show without becoming enraged to your very core. I'm also mystified at how you could call that opening sequence ep 8 "captivating"! That is the very last word I would have used.

I couldn't stop watching! I thought it was mesmeric, a very bold choice.

I have been getting enraged, largely at how much some of the characters need to be gut punched, but I think that's just due to strong storytelling designed to elicit those emotions.

Flowers of Evil is a bag of fresh air into anime, its awesome for being totally different, im already used to the animation so thats no problem and at the moment im really enjoying it. Still have to see episode 9 but im loving it so far. The story is so true that can happen to anybody crazy enough to steal someones clothes lolol And the guy is always stuck in a f* up situation, he gets one after another, he cant have a bit of rest lol

vashdaman said:
^boooo. All these bad Tekken reviews upset me. I think I'm the only one who thinks it's brilliant.

Flowers of Evil 7-8

This is complete lunacy. Lunacy of the worst kind. episode 8 also contained possibly the most boring 5 minutes of animation I have ever seen. To be honest I only tolerated about 1 minute of the sequence before I started fast forwarding, but I couldn't believe just how long it went on for. Mystifying stuff. This is honestly one of the most masochistic viewing experiences I have ever come across. I have no clue how I have made it through 8 episodes. Yet things seem to be coming to a head finally, so I may yet continue to inflict this punishment on myself...

Seriously?? I thought that 10 minute walk home in silence really worked well. Anime doesn't have to be all action, all the time. I've done that slow trudge home after a 'heavy' night, it happens. And it fitted that story and situation perfectly. In what way was it boring??

While the series is a bit of an OTT teen angst-fest, it works so well - complex characters in a dramatic situation (albeit one of their own making), great style and sound... what's not to like??

And coming to a head... well, yes, in that the first major story arc is coming to an end... hopefully there'll be a second series to pick up the rest

Just realised I posted my Flowers of Evil comments in the wrong thread, whoops!

ilmaestro said:
I couldn't stop watching! I thought it was mesmeric, a very bold choice.

I have been getting enraged, largely at how much some of the characters need to be gut punched, but I think that's just due to strong storytelling designed to elicit those emotions.

Exactly, I just want to punch characters! During one episode I was just fantasising about throwing Nakamura off a cliff. This **** aint healthy, son!

The story is so true

Really? I find it quite the opposite. The premise is just beyond ridiculous, to a ridiculous degree.

I've done that slow trudge home after a 'heavy' night, it happens. And it fitted that story and situation perfectly. In what way was it boring??

In the way that it was like watching you slowly trudging home after a 'heavy' night. It just didn't hit the mark for me. I think it's because I just couldn't fathom the main guy's behaviour.
why did he start wiling out like that in the classroom, with absolutely no regard for consequence?
I mean yeah I know he occasionally hints at having some dark "evil" side (despite having shown no signs of it whatsoever), but it's just baffling to be honest.

vashdaman said:
Really? I find it quite the opposite. The premise is just beyond ridiculous, to a ridiculous degree.
This I agree with, if you don't buy in to the exaggeration and look at the show as mostly visual metaphor then I don't think it works as well.

Princess mononoke

Ok before anyone says anything yes I'm aware it's one of miyazakis films and is a god to all anime fans.

This film is a work of art, the animations great the story's great, it's a great movie.............................however I feel this movie should of been a mini series at least because I can't help but feel the love interests between hashitaka and mononoke was rushed, in fact there are quiet a few things in this movie that was rushed. If youv seen this film I'm sure you know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong it's a great movie but like I said it had a few things that was rushed or forced.

My mum said she liked it,

9/10

Dan said:
Naruto: Series 1 - 8/10

This is the 2nd attempt at watching this and I am certainly enjoying it more than the first. The 3 main characters Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura are all very interesting/entertaining in their own right, the actions quite good and its making me laugh (a rarity with me and any anime show). Also when it gets serious its very interesting indeed. Now for series 2.

I found the 1st series to be quite a trial at times. There's some good stuff in there with Zabuza but then there's things like Naruto drinking expired milk. 2nd series improves with the Chunin exams, though it does slow down quite a bit with them often having characters stand around and explain things about a fight rather than having the actual fight. It does feature probably one of my all time favourite battles in a series, between
Gara and Rock Lee. That fight absolutely solidifies the two, particularly Rock Lee, as my favourite characters.

Hetalia S4

7/10

It's probably at its best when it's depicting actual historical events, rather than just having Italy doing daft things or doing the exact same jokes but with cats. I always enjoy sitting reading all the "hidden history" stuff.

Back