Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny-Girl Senpai ep 13

D1tchd1gger

Shrine Maiden
Little shocked to see Sakuta actually upset that his sister regained her memories. I guess we know what caused his Puberty Syndrome, he couldn't help his sister back then, but is Shouko-san an illusion and thus also part of it? Possibly, but then again the her note was still on the table. Again though she appeared right at the right time, so I don't know.

If I didn't know that film was due id be livid by the episode
I wouldn't say that, annoyed yes, but its not the first time it has happened. And as hardcore-ish fans of anime we follow the news and do know it's coming. The only thing to be mad about is the delay in finding out what happens and hope we get legal access (otherwise I might have to find my sea legs!)

I mean an incomplete story does knock off some points, as does the slightly off animation, but the story and characters we did get were mostly excellent, especially the main couple with their relationship and banter. I did feel the first 2 arcs were the better ones, in the second half of the season Futabas especially felt a bit rushed and Nodokas a little forced, but I did enjoy Sakuta (and Mai) help Kaede out.
Again it's another I would say was a high 8, probably a 9 without the unfinished end, and I have marked stuff down before because of that. So, yeah I'm going to give it an 8/10

That episode felt like lets ignore Kaede and do Mai again and set up the film with Shoko apperance who I know is the protagonist of the books the film is adapting and it didn't really say if Kaede remembers her other Kaede experiences which has damaged for the whole arc as all that progress answering the phone going outside is all just binned. They could have redeemed it with a acknowledgment like her saying she likes Pandas etc. Also I don't like this new Kaede she needs time to develop as a character as we don't really know her. As a whole all the two ep arcs felt rushed and the Kaede arc ended badly so only the first two redeem it for me it all factors down to how good the movie is, it focuses on to me the most interesting girl and covers two books so hopefully is about 100 minutes. But yeah it may not get a legal option here due to no one licensing it yet.

Last edited:
We agree, mostly. The 2 episode arcs definitely suffer. And I would have definitely liked to see what happens next with the 'returned' Kaeda. I think a 2 cour would have been a better choice, but maybe making a film gets them more money? Hyped people will go out and see, maybe a few times and then buy the physical release as well, I'm not sure if it would work like that though.

Anyway:
didn't really say if Kaede remembers her other Kaede experiences
We saw her reading the diary and thanking Sakuta, so whilst she may not remember it, yet, she definitely knows what Sakuta did for her.

I was always worried that somewhere along the way, the series would falter. I didn't expect it to be right at the last episode though. Honestly, as one of the series' earliest advocates here, I was disappointed by the final episode.

I thought the previous two were superb (and they even inspired my latest Crunchyroll feature!), but I think shifting the attention to Mai was a big mistake. I was left feeling like I didn't really know who "Kaede-san' is, what her relationship with Sakuta was/is now, or even how she'd really cope with being told she has no memories of how she lived with an entirely different persona for two years. That's all vital information to "selling" the returned Kaede to viewers, but instead, we have to see Mai get a little pouty, because of course...

Someone on Twitter commented that apparently, the light novels return to Kaede after the two-volume detour that'll be the story of the movie, but I do wonder if we'll see them adapted after the movie. Hopefully we also get a chance to see the movie here; perhaps at SLA 2019?

I just go into any LN adaptation with the perfect notion it's a LN adaptation, 99% of the times we never get S2, movies or wtv.

In Rascal case there's a movie, there's a TV series with a good selling vol 1 already, there's a LN boosting in sales alongside the anime.. it's like the best case scenario here.

We agree, mostly. The 2 episode arcs definitely suffer. And I would have definitely liked to see what happens next with the 'returned' Kaeda. I think a 2 cour would have been a better choice, but maybe making a film gets them more money? Hyped people will go out and see, maybe a few times and then buy the physical release as well, I'm not sure if it would work like that though.

Anyway:

We saw her reading the diary and thanking Sakuta, so whilst she may not remember it, yet, she definitely knows what Sakuta did for her.
Other Kaede knew and read and was told what original did but she wasn't her, so yeah it deffo needs more explanation and more coverage
Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 00.40.24.png
SO yeah looks like LN 8 will/is be about Kaede probably so S2 or second film in like 2 years please clover works or failing that someone license the books

I'd like to see Anime Limited pick up the series. As it Aniplex there is certainly a chance. The film could also be shown at SLA. I am hopeful of a season 2 at some point in the future but the LN is still ongoing and they would need more material after the film

Back