Question on Gundam Complete Collections

HellCat

Death Scythe
I'm finally looking into replacing my collection of space hogging single volumes of Gundam with the various collected sets. Whilst most series have been released in America, Beez has put out some competatively priced UK ones. I have a few questions:

1. How slim are the UK sets? I saw them briefly at MCM and as I recall they each appeared to be the size of a single volume case.

2. What extras are on the UK sets? Gundam DVDs in general tend to get shafted for extras but the US ones have tended to have guides written by the likes of Mark Simmons and Keith Rhee. What do the UK sets have? Also, is the SEED OVA still on the sets?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I'll be happy to help out here.

I own the four sets that comprise Gundam SEED (one of my favourite Gundam shows, and I'll deck anyone who has a problem with that!) and SEED Destiny (which I found perfectly entertaining and watchable and not at all awful - see previous remark. The caveat stated there also applies.)

All the sets come in a now-standard brick case. These are quite slim, taking up about three-quarters the space of two individual DVD cases on your shelf.

As for extras, there's really not a lot. I believe the two shows basically feature clean opening and ending sequences, as well as profiles of the characters and mecha from the show itself, as well as a few trailers on each disc.

Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know if the SEED sets have the 'After Phase' OVA? I know the singles had it on the last one and it'd swing me towards the UK sets.

Additionally, anyone know if the Wing sets are the original video or the ones from the Remastered set released a few years ago?

HellCat said:
Thanks for the response. Do you happen to know if the SEED sets have the 'After Phase' OVA? I know the singles had it on the last one and it'd swing me towards the UK sets.

Additionally, anyone know if the Wing sets are the original video or the ones from the Remastered set released a few years ago?
Most likely. Since all the "Anime Legends" releases are just Beez's old single releases packaged into a brickset.

Back