[Questing an anime, that...]

There's nothing worse when an anime goes all depressing and then they do a 'reset' ending! Most of the ones I can think of, has already been mentioned - but I can recommend these for dark and depressing viewing pleasure. :wink:

Key The Metal Idol - Surreal and quickly goes into downward spiral. Nobody ends up happy.
Now and Then, Here and There- Powerful stuff! Extremely depressing but well worth it.
Gunbuster - Light hearted at the beginning but goes all epic.The ending is kind of depressing.
Vampire Princess Miyu OVA & TV- Needless to say, it has it's moments. The OVA is much darker.
________
Suzuki rl250

I think the elfen lied manga is one of the most dipressing if you want a manga.. at the end its a cliff hanger that leaves u devastated but is continued in the anime

subedii said:
I always thought Gunbuster had a happy ending.

I'd disagree:

Spoilers of course!

Noriko and Kasumi, although together and alive in the remains of Gunbuster - but it's 12,000 years later! The world they knew is gone - Noriko left her friends behind and Kasumi left her daughter. I wouldn't exactly call it a happy ending, it's more bittersweet. Depressing is the fact that you are returning to a world that you don't know anymore.

But the rest of my recommendations make Gunbuster's ending a walk in the park. :p
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensary

Last edited by a moderator:
neptune2venus said:
subedii said:
I always thought Gunbuster had a happy ending.

I'd disagree:

Spoilers of course!

Noriko and Kasumi, although together and alive in the remains of Gunbuster - but it's 12,000 years later! The world they knew is gone - Noriko left her friends behind and Kasumi left her daughter. I wouldn't exactly call it a happy ending, it's more bittersweet. Depressing is the fact that you are returning to a world that you don't know anymore.

But the rest of my recommendations make Gunbuster's ending a walk in the park. :p

Yeah, but the whole point is that THEY stayed together. That was the important thing for them, that they always had each other. And they saved the world so that everyone else could live their lives.

Meh. POV.

The most depressing thing me and Ryo have seen recently is... Chrono Crusade.
I wont say much, but the story has a habbit of building hope and then shattering it. One of my favourite endings ever!

Wolf's rain and Chrono crusade, both have depressing endings.
Lain is kind of depressing i guess, more of the fact its just pritty dark @_@ Lunar Legend Tasukihime is quite dark and so is Vampire Princess Miyu.
Grave of the fire flys and Gungrave are sad too T_T
Full Metal Alchemist is pritty depressing at time too =x

XxFrozen-NekoxX said:
Wolf's rain and Chrono crusade, both have depressing endings.
Well, Wolf's Rain kinda reminded me of the old Mortal Kombat series, Conquest.
As in Shao Kahn talks to Raiden in the later episode:
"Lu Kang... Dead. Jonny Cage... Dead. Scorpion... Dead."
And Wolf's Rain was like that, each character dropping off one after another... I found Cher's demise quite ironically hularious. Ryo didn't agree... :roll:

Back