[Questing an anime, that...]

Discussion

Completely Average High School Student
[I'm looking for an anime that is, basically depressing (For lack of a better word:3)]
[Like...something with a sad ending, or something like that]
[Got any recommendations?]

Hmm one thing comes to mind Boogiepop Phantom that has a dark feeling about it. Certainly not overly happy I would say. Thats all I can think of at the mo?

The characters aren't exactly at a fun fair in Serial Experiments: Lain, Innocence, Witch Hunter Robin, Noir and Evangelion(nearer to the end anyway). I'm not sure if that's the type of thing you wanted but that's all that comes to mind right now.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
The characters aren't exactly at a fun fair in Serial Experiments: Lain, Innocence, Witch Hunter Robin, Noir and Evangelion(nearer to the end anyway). I'm not sure if that's the type of thing you wanted but that's all that comes to mind right now.
[I've seen Eva and Noir, And I liked them]
[So, if they're sort of similiar, then they're prolly good suggestions, thank you:)]

That Man said:
Hmm one thing comes to mind Boogiepop Phantom that has a dark feeling about it. Certainly not overly happy I would say. Thats all I can think of at the mo?
[Sounds interesting]
[Thank you for the suggestion]

SaiKano / She The Ultimate Weapon / Saishuu Heiki Kanojo (or whatever rendering of the title you care to use) would be my pick.

It doesn't quite fit with your "sad ending" requirement, but I think if it ended badly I'd maybe have killed myself - the whole thing up to that point is just one depressing event after another.

It's not anime, but if you haven't seen Raymond Briggs' When the Wind Blows, I highly recommend finding the DVD. It's a very well made, rather sad and emotional film. And the music's by Roger Waters and David Bowie, I do believe.

Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Air was sad at the very end
Blood: The Last Vampire wasn't exactly happy either...

Are you looking for something that is just plain depressing or something more... how to say... sombre?

Hmmm... Madlax, Diamond Daydreams and Rahxephon might be worth a look.

If you want to get depressed I'd advise you listen to Nirvana, or The Manic Street Preachers....

Read some of Sylvia Plath, or William Blake's poetry...

Also, In the Mood for Love and Chungking Express have depressing moments. They are Chinese movies by a director called Wong-Kar Wai.

Back