Post your Monthly Manga Haul

It's really hard to believe we're already at the end of August. Anyways here's my physical haul of stuff for the month:
Physical Haul August 2022.jpeg
Left pile first top to bottom:
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! volume 7
Bungo Stray Dogs: Dead Apple volume 1
Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest volume 10
The Other WOrld's Books Depend on the Bean Counter volume 1
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 14
Glass Syndrome
Call of the Night volume 8
How Do We Relationship? volume 6
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 15
Fire in His Fingertips volume 4
Frieren volume 5
Vampire Knight Memories volume 7
Bungo Stray Dogs Beast volume 3
Welcome Back, Alice volume 3
Tower of the Sun (novel)

Right pile top to bottom:
Devil Ecstasy volume 2 (complete)
Cherry Magic! Thirty Years of Virginity Can Make You a Wizard?! volume 5
My Dress-up Darling volume 6
Durarara!! SH volume 4 (LN, complete)
Secrets of the Silent Witch volume 1 (LN)
Sabikui Bisco volume 3 (LN)
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Sister Venturing Out (LN)
The Splendid Work of a Monster Maid volume 3
Kowloon Generic Romance volume 1
Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway volume 1 (LN)
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady volume 2 (LN)
Sasaki and Peeps volume 1 (LN)
The Holy Grail of Eris volume 2 (LN)
The Bride of Demise volume 1 (LN)
Chitose Is In the Ramune Bottle volume 2 (LN)
Ishura volume 1 (LN)

The book in between the two piles is the second Ascendance of a Bookworm fanbook. :)

A very Bungo Stray Dogs filled month! I was also incredibly surprised that Yen Press managed to get out two volumes of Toilet-bound Hanako-san. Possibly most excited about having my hands on the new Tomihiko Morimi novel and Bride of Demise from the author behind Torture Princess. Higehiro being a much-improved version of Kadokawa's release was also a nice surprise.

A slightly more modest digital haul now:
Digital Hual August 2022.jpeg
Left to right, top to bottom:
Having an Idol-Loving Boyfriend is the Best volume 2
Dracula Yakin! volumes 2-3 (JP, complete)
Loner Life in Another World volume 7
Koi wa Ankoku (LN, JP)
Sasaki and Miyano volume 6
Burn the House Down volume 3
With a Dog, and a Cat, Every Day is Fun volume 7
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 3
This Vampire Won't Give Up! volume 3
Piano Duo for the Left Hand volume 5
The Dorm of Love and Secrets volumes 3-4 (complete)
We're New at This volume 1
The Duke of Death and His Maid volume 2
Sensei's Pious Lie volume 3
Such a Treacherous Piano Sonata volume 3
Our Love Doesn't Need a Happy Ending volume 1
Studio Cabano volume 1 (JP)

Although I've still yet to finish any of my Japanese light novels, I decided to take the plunge on Koi wa Ankoku because it's the latest book by the author of Grimgar Fantasy and Ash (Ao Jyumonji) with illustrations by the Sword Art Online illustrator (Bunbun). I'm hoping if I take it slow and read it little and often I'll actually finish it. 😅

Some Kodansha sale gave me the opportunity to finally finish off The Dorm of Love and Secrets, which was fun all the way to its conclusion although I do feel it put aside some of the drama it had been building up to. Sasaki and Miyano was also greatly timed and I'm looking forward to new content now that this release is the last of what the anime adapted. :)

@Demelza, do you have an idea of how difficult (or hopefully not!) it is to get a complete set of all the volumes of Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun that have been published in English so far? I loved the anime but it was rather short and I'm thinking of collecting and reading the entire manga, I can't afford to buy it at the moment but would like to at some near-ish point in the future, and wanna check if it's all still in print or not? Also, do they have any kind of fancier reprint planned like in hardcover? (I'm not a fan of paperback omnibuses but if it got a "The Girl From the Other Side" kind of treatment I'd buy a full set of that money permitting) :)

@Demelza, do you have an idea of how difficult (or hopefully not!) it is to get a complete set of all the volumes of Toilet-Bound Hanako-kun that have been published in English so far? I loved the anime but it was rather short and I'm thinking of collecting and reading the entire manga, I can't afford to buy it at the moment but would like to at some near-ish point in the future, and wanna check if it's all still in print or not? Also, do they have any kind of fancier reprint planned like in hardcover? (I'm not a fan of paperback omnibuses but if it got a "The Girl From the Other Side" kind of treatment I'd buy a full set of that money permitting) :)
It shouldn’t prove too difficult. The volumes have been coming in and out of print a lot due to the sheer popularity of it, so there might be a volume or two earlier on that’s temporarily unavailable but Yen Press have been good about getting reprints done quickly.

I don’t believe there are any box sets announced for it yet and they certainly haven’t talked about any sort of rerelease since the first print releases are still very new to the market and actively being reprinted. I’d say a box set is more likely than a fancier rerelease, maybe once they get caught up to the Japanese releases, but at the same time Yen Press don’t often put out box sets so I wouldn’t hold off buying it just for a slim chance of that. I hope that helps! :)

It shouldn’t prove too difficult. The volumes have been coming in and out of print a lot due to the sheer popularity of it, so there might be a volume or two earlier on that’s temporarily unavailable but Yen Press have been good about getting reprints done quickly.

I don’t believe there are any box sets announced for it yet and they certainly haven’t talked about any sort of rerelease since the first print releases are still very new to the market and actively being reprinted. I’d say a box set is more likely than a fancier rerelease, maybe once they get caught up to the Japanese releases, but at the same time Yen Press don’t often put out box sets so I wouldn’t hold off buying it just for a slim chance of that. I hope that helps! :)

That's very helpful, thankyou - I will aim to purchase the entire series in the current paperback single volumes release then :)

September has ended up being my quietest month of the year so far for arrivals, hopefully, next month picks up a bit with new releases. Feels like a lot of what I wanted got delayed somewhere along the way.

Physical arrivals first up:
Monthly Haul Physical Sep 2022.jpeg
Top to bottom:
The Apothecary Diaries volume 6
Anti-Romance volume 1
My Happy Marriage volume 1
The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic volume 1 (LN)
Seaside Stranger volume 4
Love of Kill volume 9
The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter volume 2
Josee the Tiger and the Fish
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? volume 17 (LN)
Sword Art Online volume 25 (LN)
Ishura volume 2 (LN)
Reign of the Seven Spellblades volume 6 (LN)
Fullmetal Alchemist Fullmetal Edition volume 18 (complete)
The Way of the Househusband volume 8
Dead Dead Demon's Dededede Destruction volume 11

Happy to have another volume of DanMachi this month given the series comes out yearly if that now. This is the final release of the FMA hardback editions too, so my wallet can stop weeping every time I have to order one of those.

Wasn't planning to get Josee this month originally since its an omnibus and expensive (and I've seen/own the movie and the novel collection...), but Yen Press did a marketing blog where they compared scenes from the book to the anime and I do love Nao Emoto's artwork (mangaka of O Maidens in Your Savage Season), so as you can see I quickly caved in. 😅

Digital Purchases:
Digital Haul Sep 2022.jpeg
Left to right top to bottom:
Our Love Doesn't Need a Happy Ending volume 2
Destiny Unchain Online volume 1 (JP)
Lycoris Recoil Ordinary Days (LN, JP)
Falling, Drowning volume 3 (complete)
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 4
Mr. Bride volume 6
Anoko no Kodomo volume 1 (JP)
Tesla Note volume 6
Burn the House Down volume 4
That's My Atypical Girl volume 6

More or less just keeping up with the digital titles I'd been following. Who knows if I will ever get around to reading Lycoris Recoil, but it is my current anime obsession so that might motivate me. Still need to finish the Japanese light novel I bought last month first, ideally...

My haul for August - September:

311135883_791694025388286_4057127513093164394_n.jpg
Ten Count 4-6 (Complete)
Higurashi 5
My Happy Marriage 2 (Light Novel)
Confidential Confessions: Deai 1-2 (Complete)
Confidential Confessions 1-6 (Complete, unfortunately this package came open during delivery and volume 1 was heavily damaged, but at least they got to me and are readable)
The Saviour's Book Cafe 3
Game Between the Suits 1
Barakamon 1
See You Tomorrow At The Food Court (One of my most wanted manga in English!! So happy, I recommend 100% as a fun modern slice of life comedy)
Sakurai-san Wants To Be Noticed 1
Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou 1 (ANOTHER one of my most wanted manga in English, feeling lucky on these recent announcements)
Honey So Sweet 3-5
Happy Sugar Life 1
Little Devils 1
Kaiju Girl Caramelise 1
He's My Only Vampire 1-2

Last edited:
@setokaiba Definitely more interested in See You Tomorrow At The Food Court now someone has spoken more passionately about it. The synopsis Yen gave was particularly underwhelming for it.

Interested to hear what you think of Game Between the Suits when you get to it as well, I heard mixed things so I'm still firmly on the fence with that one.

@setokaiba Definitely more interested in See You Tomorrow At The Food Court now someone has spoken more passionately about it. The synopsis Yen gave was particularly underwhelming for it.

Interested to hear what you think of Game Between the Suits when you get to it as well, I heard mixed things so I'm still firmly on the fence with that one.
I absolutely love See You Tomorrow At The Food Court! It's got a really modern, relatable humour to it and the characters are so unique. The premise is simple but they really make it such a fun read! I've read this one multiple times and own the original Japanese version, I love it so much.

And I have read Game Between the Suits also :D I'm kinda surprised to hear there are mixed things to be said about it haha, I enjoyed it a lot. The characters are interesting, both with their own reasons for having difficulty with love it feels like they're very well suited together, and I love the artwork it reminds me of older shoujos. It is spicy but tasteful despite the large amount of adult scenes it is not overly explicit in my opinion. (Not that I mind explicit, but for those who do)
Personally I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume! This was my favourite of the Steamship titles.

Another relatively quiet month for me compared to the rest of the year thus far. Physical Haul October 2022.jpeg
The Death Mage volume 1 (LN)
My Isekai Life volume 3
Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 16
Queen's Quality volume 15
Bungo Stray Dogs Wan! volume 3
Call of the Night volume 9
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess volume 10
Juni Taisen: Zodiac War (LN)
Skygrazer
She and Her Cat (novel)
Wandance volume 1
Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki volume 8.5 (LN)
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime volume 20

Picked up She and Her Cat while away for SLA since one of my friends reminded me it was available now. Really happy to have new volumes of Queen's Quality and Twilight Princess now too, particularly since the latter is only one away from being complete!

Digital haul:
IMG_1532.jpg
Sensei's Pious Lie volume 4 (complete)
Burn the House Down volume 5
Koigakubo-kun Stole My First Time volume 3
Blue Lock volumes 2-3
Koi ni Mudaguchi volume 9 (JP)
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 5
JK Haru is a Sex Worker in Another World volume 4
Blue Lock volume 1
Game Between Suits volume 1 (JP)
Last Game volume 1 (JP)
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Astra Record volume 1 (JP, LN)
The Duke of Death and His Maid volume 3
Magic Artisan Dahlia Wilts No More volume 3
Our Love Doesn't Need a Happy Ending volume 3
Studio Cabano volume 2 (JP)
Wagaya wa Machi no Ogamiya-san volume 1 (JP)

Finally done with Sensei's Pious Lie this month (ugh, what a miserable ride that was) and picked up the first three volumes of Blue Lock since it was on sale due to the anime. Kodansha digital releases seem to be slowing down somewhat since at least as far as new releases go from them I really didn't buy all that much compared to usual...

No post tomorrow and my digital pre-orders already came out for the week, so I think this is me done for the month.

Physical goodies:
Manga Physical Haul 2022 November.jpeg
Top to bottom:
The Ancient Magus' Bride volume 16
Tokyo Aliens volume 1
The Savior's Book Café Story in Another World volume 4
My Next Life as a Villainess Side Story: On the Verge of Doom! volume 3 (complete)
Classmates volume 6: Blanc
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town volume 6
The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest volume 9
The Dawn of the Witch volume 1 (LN)
Avant-Garde Yumeko (complete)
Hirano and Kagiura volume 1
Last Gender volume 1
How Do We Relationship? volume 7
A Man and His Cat volume 7
I Think Our Son is Gay volume 4
An Older Guy's VR First Love (complete)
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! volume 4
Torture Princess volume 9 (LN, complete)
A Galaxy Next Door volume 3
Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside volume 7 (LN)
The Otherworlder, Exploring the Dungeon volume 3 (LN, complete)
The Bride of Demise volume 2 (LN)

Digital:

Digital haul 2022 Nov.png
Bottom row left to right up
Kono Hon wo Nusumu Mono wa volume 2 (JP)
Super Hxeros volume 9
Matcha Made in Heaven volume 1
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Astra Record volume 2 (LN, JP)
Even Though We're Adults volume 5
The Dungeon of Black Company volume 8
A Serenade for Pretend Lovers volume 6 (complete)
Tesla Note volume 7
You're My Cutie! volume 4
Burn the House Down volume 6
Skip and Loafer volume 6
I'll Be With Them Again Today volume 4 (complete)
Our Bodies, Entwining, Entwined volume 4
A Side Character's Love Story volume 12
Not a bad month for pick-ups, a nice variety of new stuff and some returning series that don't come out as often as they once did.

@Demelza: Very nice! :) Although I'm a little bit jelly that you've already got your Classmates #6 and I'm still waiting for my pre-order (as ever was!) 'Arriving Monday' - but the catch is, it doesn't say which Monday! (Grrr)

I was shocked to find it in the local Forbidden Planet last week when casually browsing the new arrivals! It's so rare to find Seven Seas titles in the wild here, particularly before even the US release but someone must be a fan since Classmates often shows up. Hopefully your pre-order arrives soon! (Not much point in pre-ordering if they're not even there for release...)

I was shocked to find it in the local Forbidden Planet last week when casually browsing the new arrivals! It's so rare to find Seven Seas titles in the wild here, particularly before even the US release but someone must be a fan since Classmates often shows up. Hopefully your pre-order arrives soon! (Not much point in pre-ordering if they're not even there for release...)
A great find! And I imagine you're right that someone on the staff is a fan because our Waterstones' manga collection increased hugely when my friend Zoe was on the staff. It's still pretty impressive even though she left a while back - and the only place that stocks manga hereabouts as the comic shop stopped some years ago. However, W'stones are not good at keeping up with the latest volumes like FP.

A great find! And I imagine you're right that someone on the staff is a fan because our Waterstones' manga collection increased hugely when my friend Zoe was on the staff. It's still pretty impressive even though she left a while back - and the only place that stocks manga hereabouts as the comic shop stopped some years ago. However, W'stones are not good at keeping up with the latest volumes like FP.
I’m surprised the comic shops haven’t gotten back into it with the recent surge of popularity over the last couple of years - you’d think they’d regret that somewhat!

December was a bad month for the backlog (rip 2023), but a joyous one for me as many new shiny things arrived. Should keep me going for a fair while~

Physical loot:Physical Haul 2022 December.jpeg
The three on the left standing upright are Sword Art Online abec Artworks Wanderers, Konosuba Official Memorial Fan Book and The Promised Neverland Art Book World.

Piles top to bottom left to right:

Escape Journey volume 1
The Apothecary Diaries volume 7
Seaside Stranger volume 5
Captain Corinth volume 1
So I'm a Spider, So What? The Daily Lives of the Kumoko Sisters volume 1
Pokemon Journeys volume 1-3
Pokemon Adventures Black & White volume 3
Pokemon Adventures volume 29
Pokemon Adventures Diamond/Pearl Platinum volumes 6-9
Pokemon Adventures XY volumes 1-3
Kaguya Sama Love is War volume 7
Weather With You volume 2
I Will Forget This Feeling Someday (novel)
Vivy Prototype volume 1 (LN)

Rainbow Days volume 1
As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World volume 1
Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet volume 1
Sasaki and Peeps volume 1
Fox Tales (novel)
The Secrets of the Silent Witch volume 2 (LN)
King's Proposal volume 1 (LN)
Alya Sometime's Hides Her Feelings in Russian volume 1 (LN)
Higehiro volume 2 (LN)
Apparently, Disillusioned Adventurers Will Save the World volume 1 (LN)
Cross-Dressing Villainess Cecilia Sylvie volume 3 (LN)
The Holy Grail of Eris volume 3 (LN)
A Sister's All You Need volume 13 (LN)
Unnamed Memory volume 6 (LN)
The Detective is Already Dead volume 4 (LN)
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten volume 4 (LN)
Spy Classroom volume 4 (LN)
Your Forma volume 2 (LN)
Shonen Note volume 1
A Galaxy Next Door volume 2
Something's Wrong with Us volume 9
Rent-A-Girlfriend volumes 13-14

Tatami Galaxy (novel)
My Isekai Life volume 4
Unnamed Memory volume 1
The Dark History of the Reincarnated Villainess volume 6
Snow White with the Red Hair volume 20
Takane & Hana volume 18 (limited edition)
Usotoki Rhetoric volume 1
Bungo Stray Dogs: Another Story volume 2
Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet volume 1
Dragon and Ceremony volume 1 (LN)
My Happy Marriage volume 3 (LN)
Even If This Love Disappears Tonight (novel)
Rascal Does Not Dream of a Knapsack Kid (LN)
Reign of the Seven Spellblades volume 7 (LN)
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady volume 3 (LN)
God's Games We Play volume 1 (LN)
Run Away with Me, Girl volume 1
The Splendid Work of a Monster Maid volume 4
Kowloon Generic Romance volume 2
Wistoria: Wand and Sword volume 1
In the Clear Moonlit Dusk volume 1
Rent-A-Girlfriend volumes 15-16
Something's Wrong with Us volumes 10-12

I realised that I'd gotten super behind with Pokémon Adventures at some point so I put a bunch of it on my Christmas wishlist and my loved ones certainly delivered! Hoping to get myself caught back up next year since some of it starting to go out of print now... Certainly, a lot I've been excited about in this haul, two Mika Yamamori series made their English print debuts and then there's Wistoria and Usotoki Rhetoric and several new volumes in series I'm very attached to. Plus that final volume of Unnamed Memory's LN, which is a series I am not at all prepared to say goodbye to yet.

I'm still miles away from being able to read that volume of Takane & Hana, but Forbidden Planet was selling it off so I decided I might as well pick it up for future me who will no doubt appreciate it when the time comes. 😅

Meanwhile here's what I picked up digitally:
Digital Haul 2022 December.png
Burn the House Down volume 7
That's My Atypical Girl volume 7
Lycoris Recoil Official Comic Anthology: Repeat (JP)
Lycoris Recoil Official Comic Anthology: Reload (JP)
Lycoris Recoil Official Comic Anthology: React (JP)
And Yet, You Are So Sweet volume 6
Piano Duo for the Left Hand volume 6
The Duke of Death and His Maid volume 4
Hormiya volumes 8-11
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Astra Record volume 3 (LN) (JP)
Inu to Sandbag (JP)
Destiny Unchain Online volume 2 (JP)
Yakuza Fiancé volume 1
Matcha Made in Heaven volume 2

Horimiya was in a coinback event (or was it a sale, I forget which), so I picked up a few volumes to keep me going. It reached my favourite bit from the anime, so I'm pleased either way. I hope the Lycoris Recoil stuff will eventually get licensed in English, but seeing as it was my favourite anime this year I couldn't resist picking up the anthologies now. I can always rebuy them in print later if they do make it West. Inu to Sandbag is the latest work by Kaori Ozaki (The Gods Lie, The Golden Sheep) so likewise, I expect Kodansha/Vertical will bring it over, but I figured there's no harm picking it up digitally for now and picking up a nice print copy later. Fingers crossed anyway...

Back