Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

That's a really nice collection full of great shows and editions etc. I need to get Gargatia from Viz, almost certain that is a show I'll enjoy. If you don't have Love Live The Movie PE yet I'd recommend getting it soon as it's sure to sell out quick like the second season.

I've also pretty much given up on Funimation Limited Editions. They've practically doubled in price over the last two years and I don't have the space for them anyway.

I'll buy CE's for shows I care about (Haruhi and Escaflowne for example) but I'm mostly going to stick with just standard editions from now on.

That's a really nice collection full of great shows and editions etc. I need to get Gargatia from Viz, almost certain that is a show I'll enjoy. If you don't have Love Live The Movie PE yet I'd recommend getting it soon as it's sure to sell out quick like the second season.

I've also pretty much given up on Funimation Limited Editions. They've practically doubled in price over the last two years and I don't have the space for them anyway.

I'll buy CE's for shows I care about (Haruhi and Escaflowne for example) but I'm mostly going to stick with just standard editions from now on.

Cheers Blaize. I have been debating on whether to continue pursuing the NIS Premium Long Box sets for a while but after putting them back on the shelf recently I decided I should try and get at least two more (Love Live! Movie and Nyaruko Season 2) in addition to picking up the rest of the DVD sized sets (Eccentric Family will be first).

Oh I saw your latest pickups video, really cool. ;)

Speaking of which, I do plan on acquiring some Discotek sets with the theme of 'old nasties' in which the films/OVAs were either butchered by the BBFC or were given an 18 due to Manga's dub. Like for example Crying Freeman (which recently went OOP), Fist of the North Star, Violence Jack, and Wicked City.

Speaking of which, I do plan on acquiring some Discotek sets with the theme of 'old nasties' in which the films/OVAs were either butchered by the BBFC or were given an 18 due to Manga's dub. Like for example Crying Freeman (which recently went OOP), Fist of the North Star, Violence Jack, and Wicked City.

I support this endeavor entirely :p

Nice update NormanicGrav. Understand your feeling regarding the FUNimation LE's with the higher SRP they have now not justifying the 'extras' included. And what the word Limited concerns in FUNi's LE it also seems to apply to the chipboard themselves as i see you have the same problem i have with my D-Frag set where the top starts peeling of, also your Chaos:Head set seems to suffer from that. But guess some glue will fix that :)

Wow, that BBFC logo really messes up that Akame Ga Kill spread on the boxes.

Is that disc of Gunnm / Battle Angel Alita a UK release?

Yeah I've just noticed that Akame ga Kill BBFC thing. it's a sticker so I've taken it off now. the battle angel dvd is pretty old. I'm sure it's a bootleg of some sort as it's never have an official release. Would be a could one for Discotek to pick up actually.

Last edited:
Yeah I've just noticed that Akame ga Kill BBFC thing. it's a sticker so I've taken it off now. the battle angel dvd is pretty old. I'm sure it's a bootleg of some sort as it's never have an official release. Would be a could one for Discotek to pick up actually.

Battle Angel Alita came out by ADV Films in the states at least.

That reminds me of the photo that always gets posted every year of the pirate copy of Yu-Gi-Oh where they somehow managed to cram all 200+ episodes onto a single DVD...

*Apologies for the large post*

Was bored so decided I'd share the collection since I realized I've never done that here properly. Been collecting for close to a decade now and the collection has gone through many phases over the years.

The collection is sorted by Genre's and occasionally something more specific. I'll spoiler tag them and see if you can guess them haha.

fAwop6n.jpg

^Artboxes Shelf 1, Shonen Shelf 1^

O2oH6oy.jpg

^Shonen Shelves 2 and 3^ *Naruto in process of downsizing

Td4aT8R.jpg

^Shonen Shelf 4^

ADL2FKe.jpg

^Artboxes Shelf 2, Kaiji Trading Figures, FMA Figures and the legendary Chobihige^

B0V5sFL.jpg

^Artbox Shelf 3, kinda? Zipang is a highly underrated series, wish they'd finished it^

wl8VP4N.jpg

^Artbox Shelf 4, Pumpkin Scissors and Texhnolyze are both hidden gems^

g5V8l8Y.jpg

^Artbox Shelf 4 end and Artbox Shelf 5 start.^

vk6x0SY.jpg

^Artbox Shelf 5 end. Love the Haibane Renmei box, so very beautiful^

909OII6.jpg

^Complete NIS Long Box Collection, my favourite part of the collection for sure. Also the oversized AL Ultimate sets I have. Fantasy section begins.

9kt2otY.jpg

^Fantasy Shelves 2 and 3. Fullmetal Alchemist collection the pride and joy here^

Ga8r5wW.jpg

^Samurai/Ninja shelf, need more of this stuff. Shelf 1 of the Mature/Seinen Action, Mystery, Thriller, Gun shows section.^

WhVkHxA.jpg

^Mature/Seinen shelves 2 and 3 including the Lupin Collection (sadly obscured by the flash:mad:). Also the Aviation/World War section^

cHPtaDo.jpg

^Shoujo/Josei/Romance Shelves 1 and 2. Very fortunate to have both Kimagure Orange Road and the incredible Maison Ikkoku^

P7jLPqW.jpg

^Shoujo Shelves 3 and 4. Otaku Culture section also including the superb Genshiken franchise^

eWKPAjS.jpg

^Small Magical Girl section. Comedy Shelves 1 and 2. If I ever get enough of it I will probably put some shows like K-On into a Moe section^

R828uGn.jpg

^Super Sentai/Superpowers Shelf and abit. Sports/Racing Shelf including the amazing Fighting Spirit^

Px4d3JX.jpg

^Mecha Shelves 1 and 2. Also the Megatokyo Franchise (Madox-01 onwards)^

2UpCRtC.jpg

^Sci-Fi Shelves 1 and 2^

ITVanmV.jpg

^Sci-Fi Shelf 3 and the Masamune Shirow section (Appleseed, GiTS etc). Another favourite section is the Leijiverse Collection, I need the rest of the 2199 Volumes badly. Horror/Supernatural Shelf 1^

... Continued in Post 2.

... Continued from Post 1

fsNH0Uf.jpg

^Horror/Supernatural Shelves 2 and 3. Will be downsizing a few of these soon to more compact releases or BD upgrades

mcbRBwZ.jpg

^Giant Robo Premium Eye set wearing a plush Nervgear... Whaddya mean your collection doesn't include this?^

bSA5lHA.jpg

^Almost forgot the Ecchi/Harem section, hidden in the corner like the back of a video store lol^

4L9UAsP.jpg

^Slayers UFO Complete Plush set from the 90's, love these things^

Jb1Nnpj.jpg

^Complete Galaxy Express 999/Captain Harlock UFO Plush set from the 90's also, I have doubles of all of them and even triples of a couple because I'm crazy lol^

Fq9mknQ.jpg

^View between two shelving Units and above the TV setup, This Kyoko Wall Scroll is huge, got her from Mandarake for £35, total steal as she is hundreds of dollars on eBay^

Again Apologies for the large post, hopefully it's not an issue. I love this collection, it's alittle messy in places and bloated but so many amazing hours of entertainment and memories have come from it.

Blaize

Maaaaan.

I feel like even if I had literally infinite money I wouldn't be able to amass a collection as impressive as that.

Awesome collection. My anime pickups is progressing very slowly but I'll manage. I admire your collection quite a lot and it actually inspired me to build up mine (and even have a blog dedicated to unboxing whatever sets I acquire; for instance I'll have some game import unboxings tomorrow (hopefully, assuming they arrive then)).

By the way Blaize, I assume you'll be getting the Blu-ray version of Escaflowne so I was wondering what version you'll consider to acquire? I know Funimation has their US Premium Edition but personally I find the UK one to be rather superior value-wise.

I think I've seen a collection video of yours on YouTube video, Blaize. I was impressed then and still am. I think a collection like that is something us collector's can envy. Well done.

Awesome collection. My anime pickups is progressing very slowly but I'll manage. I admire your collection quite a lot and it actually inspired me to build up mine (and even have a blog dedicated to unboxing whatever sets I acquire; for instance I'll have some game import unboxings tomorrow (hopefully, assuming they arrive then)).

By the way Blaize, I assume you'll be getting the Blu-ray version of Escaflowne so I was wondering what version you'll consider to acquire? I know Funimation has their US Premium Edition but personally I find the UK one to be rather superior value-wise.

I really want to get the US version but I pre ordered very late. Firstly had my order cancelled by UP1 after I informed them it had sold out at wholesale then got a pre order on Amazon US, not sure it'll hold but it does say Shipping today so I guess Funimation allocated a bunch for Amazon US. I wanted the Funimation version because of how much it looks like the Japanese Artbox (which I love). I do have a pre order for the AL version on Amazon UK also but will probably cancel if the Funimation version ships. Maybe? lol

Someone has R.O.D and Trinity Soul lucky.

Its cos I came so late i missed all these sets that are now OOP

I've been Collecting the NIS sets since early 2011 so I've been able to get them all without paying collectors prices. Expect for Pandora Hearts Vol.2 which cost me $100 as I missed that one for some reason. R.O.D I got after it sold out but the money from selling my Gatchaman ADV DVD Collector Editions covered most of the price fortunately.

Seriously jealous of your Last exile set, even though it's not English subbed its a really great box set as it the spice & wold set. Very impressive collection, I doubt I will ever get close to that as I missed the period where there were all those great DVD box sets you have.

Seriously jealous of your Last exile set, even though it's not English subbed its a really great box set as it the spice & wold set. Very impressive collection, I doubt I will ever get close to that as I missed the period where there were all those great DVD box sets you have.

The Range Murata Last Exile set does support English Subs, recently rewatched it using the subs.

Back