Post a photo of your entire anime collection!

Mutsumi

Guild Member
As the title suggests, this is a thread for posting pics of your anime DVD collections, or other anime items in such quantities that you just have to show them off, and so that others may comment on your collection.

Here is my collection. ^_^ May it give you an insight into my tastes in anime (and other media too) and a glimpse of what my living room is like when it is tidied for a photo. ^^;

DSC_0011.jpg

My whole collection, plus assorted cool stuff that managed to get in shot.

Shelf #1
Shelf #2
Shelf #3
Shelf #4

That is one big ass collection. Im actually a lil jelous. I would post a photo on here of my anime, But i dont know how to upload photos on the internet

*crys in the corner*

Photobucket.com is good I find. :)

Also admittedly only half of the DVDs there are actually anime.

Do you think putting some cases face-forward on the shelves looks good, as I have done with Evangelion, Slayers, One Piece, Naruto Shippuden and a few others?

Had to dig most out of temporary storage, but here they are
anime1.jpg

anime2.jpg

anime3.jpg

anime4.jpg

anime5.jpg

I just noticed after uploading that Sky Blue snuck in there, but I'm not entirely sure if it counts, being Korean rather than Japanese. Also, Robotech.

I am so envious of you! I wish I had space to store that much anime but my wife and I live in my bedroom at my parents house and simply don't have the room for it all. (Hence why I'm always trying to sell stuff so I can watch/read other things.)

Some truly fantastic collections!

I'm playing the lottery tomorrow. I hope I win. Then I'll buy a house, and have built in shelving so I can have DVDs displayed and space for more.. winning the lottery would also mean I can work part time meaning more time to actually watch what I have! Keep your fingers crossed for me! ^_~

There is a thread on page 6 called 'How do you Otaku-lise your room?'. Should this be merged with it as it covers the same thing.

I'm not posting any pics of my collection (who wants to see a room full of cardboard boxes anyway?)

If I every win the lottery I am getting my own house and sorting all my anime out.

Great first photo, Mutsumi, was wondering how you were going to get it all into one picture. I need to do some serious reorganizing to get all my stuff into one place.

001.jpg

I'm missing complete Trigun (recently sold my old set for the new brick coming out) and Ouran vol 1 + 2 (being borrowed).

Tokyo Godfathers and Memories soon to be added

ilmaestro said:
Great first photo, Mutsumi, was wondering how you were going to get it all into one picture. I need to do some serious reorganizing to get all my stuff into one place.

Why thankyou, ilmaestro. :) I was able to get it all into one picture only thanks to the fact I have a fisheye lens for my camera.

Aya-kun: Thankyou, I only just rearranged my boxsets and made that shelf-bridge between shelves 2 and 3 that day.

Also, it should be noted that having photographic evidence of a DVD collection like this uploaded to the internet would be invaluable in the event of needing to claim against an insurance policy, were they to be stolen, lost in a fire, or any other such misfortune. ^^;

ive tided up my collection and her is the result

Mines all on one bookcase -shelves were added- it double layered. Top shelf has nothing behind it

Back layer

front layer

:O

Marry me. While it may be a little less spaciously stored, your anime collection is slightly larger than my own, and additionally is complemented by a nice display of statuettes on the higher shelves. Your collection is grand indeed, ^_^

Mutsumi said:
:O

Marry me. While it may be a little less spaciously stored, your anime collection is slightly larger than my own, and additionally is complemented by a nice display of statuettes on the higher shelves. Your collection is grand indeed, ^_^

Hehe thankies, ya its quite a bit all in one smallish space ive filled up 2 books cases before this is my 3rd -and last- as i can't fit a bigger one in there =3.

My room is full of figures shelves every where, there is a shelf above the bookcase and the ones you can see with more figures on -mainly my final fantasy/kingdom hearts ones-

Mini collection is mini:

Sadly I can't increase it much more as I only have the one shelf so double-layering it is the only way forwards. That and DVD rental.

Am looking on in awe at some of these other collections. Anime karma bonus points if you folks have watched everything in them at least twice!

Hah, yeah, "at least once" would be a good start for me. Although I still have plenty of purchased-brand-new-never-been-in-console video games to play, too, so I don't think I expect to get around to everything any time soon. >_>

Back