Pope suddenly supports gays and their right to marriage!!?

Ryo Chan said:
i'll believe it when i see it. Religious groups as a whole do seem to like change

Are you kidding me!? If any religion likes change it's Catholics. They make it up as they go along. I've been doing a lot of reading on Christian religions recently and it's shocking how new some of the beliefs are. Whatever the popes says is gospel and becomes part of the word of God.

Example: The assumption of Mary. The idea that Mary's body rose in to the heavens upon her death, became part of the Catholic religion because the Pope said so... in 1950!

Yeah, Catholics are pretty zany alright. The Assumption of Mary was theologically postulated for a while though, the Pope just made it doctrinal. It's still silliness, just ... complicated silliness.

But anyway, The Onion is satire. This isn't actual news :p

Aww I thought pigs were flying from the thread title; that the Pope had finally realised that his plan to increase the spread of the religion was being hampered by his horrible attitude towards a large portion of the world's population :(

It's weird how I feel a bit guilty about their stupidity due to being raised in that denomination, even though it wasn't my choice and I left the moment I could.

R

Rui said:
Aww I thought pigs were flying from the thread title; that the Pope had finally realised that his plan to increase the spread of the religion was being hampered by his horrible attitude towards a large portion of the world's population :(

It's weird how I feel a bit guilty about their stupidity due to being raised in that denomination, even though it wasn't my choice and I left the moment I could.

R
didn't i say religions a tool

As a practicing catholic i call bull****. im not nesasarily against this kind of thing because i beleive they can do whatever the **** they want as long as it doesnt interfere with my life but i swear the pope needs to make up his bloody mind because that dude controls my parents brains and i wanna know whether or not they are going to be a**holes or not. :roll:

skikes said:
I've been doing a lot of reading on Christian religions
Then you might want to do more since it's not "religions". It's denominations. Also, nice job getting fooled by a well known fake news site.

Thing is, the actual religious / social conservative news websites are often funnier than the ones that parody them. You couldn't make it up, as they say. It's somehow funnier when what you're reading (and laughing at) is someone's truly held belief.

That is, until you realise these are the people that are causing others actual (often horrendous) suffering due to their beliefs. And that every Abrahamic religion is just a slightly toned down Westboro Baptist Church.

to be honest i support lesbian and gay relationships. if two people love each other no matter what genders they are then who are we to judge. i mean its better then forced marriages that two people dont like each other right.

anyways as long as the gays aren't doing there business in front of me and the lesbians are doing there business in front of me then im all good about it. lol

skikes said:
Ryo Chan said:
i'll believe it when i see it. Religious groups as a whole do seem to like change

Are you kidding me!? If any religion likes change it's Catholics. They make it up as they go along. I've been doing a lot of reading on Christian religions recently and it's shocking how new some of the beliefs are. Whatever the popes says is gospel and becomes part of the word of God.

Example: The assumption of Mary. The idea that Mary's body rose in to the heavens upon her death, became part of the Catholic religion because the Pope said so... in 1950!

hmmm, the Catholic faith likes change. I think thats a bit of a overstatement. I wish the Catholic faith embraced real change more, but nope it's still as ridgely dogmatic as ever.

Back