Ponyo UK Release date

Mini_minstrel

Completely Average High School Student
Ponyo is now scheduled to be released in the UK for the 5 February 2010 meaning that the DVD will come out before its released in UK cinemas.

Did it do as expected in the states? It was put in a considerable number of cinemas, but overall, didn't seem to do great. Has anyone from Disney commented on the release?

Also, we have Up! to tide us over if Ponyo takes too long to come out.

Thanks for the info!^_^.I'll probably hold off importing it so I can see it at the cinemas with my friends,like iisan said,I'd quite like to be able to see anime on the big screen. :)

Jayme said:
Also, we have Up! to tide us over if Ponyo takes too long to come out.

lol good to know I'm not the only one looking forward to Up!

Lil bump for this thread.

Is Ponyo still scheduled to be released on 5th February on DVD? Also, will Optimum be releasing this in the UK as part of their Ghibli collection?

Regards

K

Ah this thread has confused me. OK so it's out in cinemas next month then, that's good. I'll prob drag my girlfriend out to see this (seeing as I had to sit through 'Where The Wild Things Are').

Glad this is still gonna be part of the Ghibli collection on DVD though.

I can only imagine what happened behind the scenes for the UK release date to be so late. I've seen Ponyo before and it has been screened in Festivals throughtout the UK for a while now, so it's not like they don't have the movie ready... It's hard to understand.

mangaman74 said:
Blu-ray/dvd combo pack £17.99 (RRP £24.99)
I see they're going down the (slightly bizarre) Disney-style BD/DVD combo route. Ah well, another spare official DVD copy I can stick on eBay and make some of the purchase price back.

Back