Ponyo UK Release date

stuart-says-yes said:
Kezwick_Osaka said:
Aaaw, no plushie then? )':

(One of the special releases of Ponyo in the US comes with a very adorable plushie. And I'm a huge sucker for plushies)

you may find it adorable , i on the other hand am rather disturbed by it ...... but worse have you seen the box, disney dvd with studio ghilbi :eek:
I'll just wait until the US DVD comes out, I'm sure some person's going to put the plushie on Ebay.

ayase said:
mangaman74 said:
Blu-ray/dvd combo pack £17.99 (RRP £24.99)
I see they're going down the (slightly bizarre) Disney-style BD/DVD combo route. Ah well, another spare official DVD copy I can stick on eBay and make some of the purchase price back.

I like the option to have both dvd/bluray. We only have 2 ps3s around the house and sometimes i can't watch the films on them without the hassle of dragging someone else off them.

I tend to lend to other people and most don't have bluray.

The whole point of having these combo packs is to influence bluray sales while also allowing for the versatility of dvd to be played almost anywhere.

jonboy said:
I like the option to have both dvd/bluray. We only have 2 ps3s around the house and sometimes i can't watch the films on them without the hassle of dragging someone else off them.

I tend to lend to other people and most don't have bluray.

The whole point of having these combo packs is to influence bluray sales while also allowing for the versatility of dvd to be played almost anywhere.
Different strokes I guess. I just have me, my single PS3 and TV to consider, so have no use for extra copies in an older format. Not that I'm complaining. As I said, the price of these combo packs is generally low enough that sale of the DVD disc means the BD only costs me as much as the DVD, or even less. I wonder if people who want the DVD might also be better off purchasing the combo packs, removing the DVD and selling on the BD...

mangaman74 said:
http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchstring=ponyo&searchtype=r2alldvd&searchfilters=s%257bponyo%257d%252bc%257b206%257d%252b&pa=search&page=search&d=1&ob=2

Play.com list both the dvd & blu-ray versions of Ponyo for release 07/06/2010. It is being released by Optimum. There are three versions:

1 disc dvd £11.99 (RRP £17.99)
2 disc dvd £12.99 (RRP £19.99)
Blu-ray/dvd combo pack £17.99 (RRP £24.99)
I wonder what is this BD + DVD combo thing... both of them are have the main feature? wouldn't it make more sense to have the BD be the main feature and the DVD the extras?

Kirrimir said:
STOP POSTING IN OLD AS **** TOPICS MAN.
I don't think you like necromancers, do you? =P

Back