UK Anime Distributor Politics and the UK Anime Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there could be queues at border by the end of October so Tomino might want to avoid those I think is The point. As border checks will be longer now for most travelers due to all EU travelers having to go through normal international travel border come Brexit day.

But what happened to Yoshiyuki Tomino and MCM in October?? 🤣
Japan's anti-stimulant laws make Vicks Vaporub a bugger to get hold of so maybe they'll be able to tempt them over with that? This is getting into piss taking territory now though so I'm gonna sod it and have some tea :)

Ahh, excellent, the posts got shifted to an appropriate thread. 👍

So...

I see no p*ss-taking in my post, only an invite for you to better explain your standpoint, but let's let that slide and move on to...

The UK is going to entirely lose the ability to fly planes from our own airports as a result of leaving the EU? Isn't that surely just doom-mongering?
Much like trade deals, the international legislation that allows planes to take off from the UK is something that currently comes from our EU membership. So if we crash out without a deal, planes will legally be unable to take off.

This is getting into piss taking territory now though so I'm gonna sod it and have some tea :)
Amen to that, buddy! 🤣👍

Well there could be queues at border by the end of October so Tomino might want to avoid those I think is The point.
Yeah, so... queues.

That's what I was thinking, which is quite different from:
I'm also aware that given what might be happening to us as a country in late October, there might be multiple risks to AL inviting such a high profile guest to visit the UK
I mean, that↑ makes it sound like something truly awful like danger of terrorism or something, doesn't it? Rather than just... standing in a line at an airport.

Much like trade deals, the international legislation that allows planes to take off from the UK is something that currently comes from our EU membership. So if we crash out without a deal, planes will legally be unable to take off.
I take affront to this tiresome and overplayed "crashing out" phrase, but... it's just as much up to other countries to sign new legislation with us, then, isn't it?

Or will no-one want tourism and goods from the UK anymore?

Brexit will 100% affect AL and all the other distributors.

All of ALs discs are manufactured in France and as long as Ireland is part of the licencing region for all UK anime companies then they will end up with part of their territory still inside the EU and subject to tariffs.
Well, there we go, then: Britain's leaving the EU will affect AL, then. That part seems difficult to argue against, but...

Poor Yoshiyuki Tomino's been forgotten about. 😅

We are an international joke. I wouldn't come to Britain with Boris and Farage basically running it. Also with Japan probably waning a trade deal (Or we want one with them) It may make a statement arriving around October which Japan may want to avoid. Gundam I assume is gonna be used a lot in 2020 promotion its a big brand for Japan.

MY real reason why I think he hasn't come to Britain its not that popular here, AL seems to flogging a dead horse with the series at least. ZZ In stock 18 months later bloody hell.

As far as I understand this, VFR flights may still be possible: Visual flight rules - Wikipedia

Or will no-one want tourism and goods from the UK anymore?
I'd still import your anime releases :)

I'm hurt. No-one comes to argue with me in the General Politics thread and here you all are arguing politics in the anime section.

Ok, closing this as it's 50% fooling around and 50% serious, which is an obvious recipe for frustration in this particular situation, and trimming it will leave it impossible to follow. If the folks who want to seriously discuss the concerns want to make a new thread with a clear direction and title from the start, I'll just quietly snipe anyone who derails it.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back