UK Anime Distributor Politics and the UK Anime Industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoctor2016

Mushi-shi
Brexits not gonna cause collapse on 31st October it will be In November, December I do feel the it’s gonna change everything straight away mentality the media is wrong it’s gonna be in the longer term the weeks the months. There’s a reason Boris wants an election 1st Nov because we won’t have seen any of the impact then.
So MCM and October releases will be fine.

With the government pulling us out of infrastructure left and right the country could be in a bad state well before Brexit happens (if it does). We've already got chemists putting up posters about already being unable to get medication and talent from abroad refusing to accept payment in GBP.

Plus after intermittently having people here tell me across last 3 years I didn't know what I was talking about on this subject despite being proven right on pretty much all of it...yeah, gonna trust myself on this.

Turning Gundam into anti Brexit propaganda is very classy. It has been creeping in slowly but this time it is too much. I come here to talk about anime not the circus that is parliament. No ill will meant on political opinions but if this is what people rather talk about then let me know and I will graciously bow out.

Gundam is one of most the political things I have watched in my life. Every series is very political. Oh no people assigns politics to a very political show.
Zeon can be seen as immigrants
People from the moon on Turn A same.
Nazi and Non ideologists in 0079.
Child Soldiers in IBO.
Oh no Gundam is political I'm gonna cry.
In Zeta the MCs are terrorists so yeah its very political. I hate this thing people have with fiction and politics cant collide when 99% of the time it does.

I have no interest in dragging down the thread with it but it is a relevant factor to the AL related issue we were discussing.

And we tried the separate thread thing. Didn't go well.

Just... run me through how we got from the first bit to the second? 🤨
If Tomino is going to be a guest, it would likely be at MCM London.

Next MCM London is in late October.

Late October is also when the Brexit extension is set to end if unresolved.

If unresolved, amongst other things we will lose the legislation that allows us to fly planes from UK.

Government is committed to No Deal, hence we would lose all the infrastructure. They are tugging at it even now.

Ergo, amongst other possible scenarios I am expressing worry about the idea of AL being able to welcome a guest into the UK from Japan, then through no fault of their own having no way to get him back as planes are grounded.

So there you go. Disagree with my logic if you want but could do without people taking the piss when I'm simply raising risks of having our cross global infrastructure removed.

Ahh, excellent, the posts got shifted to an appropriate thread. 👍

So...
Just... run me through how we got from the first bit to the second? 🤨
Disagree with my logic if you want but could do without people taking the piss
I see no p*ss-taking in my post, only an invite for you to better explain your standpoint, but let's let that slide and move on to...

Late October is also when the Brexit extension is set to end if unresolved.

If unresolved, amongst other things we will lose the legislation that allows us to fly planes from UK.
The UK is going to entirely lose the ability to fly planes from our own airports as a result of leaving the EU? Isn't that surely just doom-mongering?

I wish could be positive but no democracy is going to be blocked as it’s a parliamentary if you hate should voted for different MPs in 2017 no use crying now. To maybe make us more sovereign lovely. And there will be additional border checks and maybe it will slow down are ability to fly planes as we won’t have as structured international co operation.

I'm not sure but I feel like I'm being led to believe that the country will lose access to its airports and things will just outright stop. I could really do with an explanation on this one 😕

It's almost being portrayed like the UK's gonna cease to exist as a country or something, isn't it? 🤨
But will it make us better? No I don’t want to go back to the dark ages with the empire and loving the queen but all the soveriginty arguments sound like we are

maybe it will slow down are ability to fly planes as we won’t have as structured international co operation.
If that got slower for us, it would also be slower for the companies who need them to be fast which is why any co-operation that's needed will be got - it meets the needs of the people who can afford to change things.

But will it make us better? No I don’t want to go back to the dark ages with the empire and loving the queen but all the soveriginty arguments sound like we are
Honestly mate, I'm not arguing here for one side or the other. I just don't understand the reasoning behind the things being said.

Hold on, hold on. We were talking about air travel a moment ago; how did we get to this all of a sudden? 😆😅

I didn’t vote for my medicine to take longer to get through customs to leave nuclear medicine agreements to stop radioisotopes being easily transported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back