NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Combining two conferences in one thread.

You can check them out on YouTube:

PlayStation Meeting 2016 - 8pm UK 7th September:

PlayStation Japan Conference 2016 - 8am UK 13th September:

Upgraded CPU
Boosted the clock rate
Interoperability
Larger HDD [1TB]
4K [2160p]
HDR [High Dynamic Rate]
HDTV [High Definition TV]
PlayStation VR

Games confirmed for PlayStation 4 Pro's abilities:
  • Battlefield 1
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
  • Days Gone
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Dishonored II
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition
  • Farpoint [VR]
  • FIFA 17
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • For Honor
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Infamous First Light
  • Killing Floor 2
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Paragon
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Spiderman
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Watch Dogs 2

Last edited:
wow, that meeting was extremely weak imo. No real reason for me to upgrade as I don't have a 4K TV and my PC runs multiformat games better than the PS4 Pro will run them at 1080p, possibly even at 4K too

It's capable of 4K output but has no 4K BD support? Why even bother?! Games obviously aren't going to run in 4K, so Netflix is about the only thing that's going to benefit from the resolution output bump. Well done, Sony...

4K Blu-ray is not supported.

Ouch.

Wait so the Xbox One S has a 4K BD drive but the PS4 Pro doesn't!? wtf o_O

I don't have a PS4 yet, I was planning to get one early in the year but with all this Neo chat I decided to wait. I have no plans to upgrade my TV to 4K or HDR right now but since I won't be double dipping I'll probably get the PS4 Pro. I'm surprised they didn't talk more about the graphic and frame rate improvements but I guess they didn't want to point out the flaws of the older model. Hopefully some good comparisons go up soon.

So i wasn't really impressed by the conference. Sure it's going to be good for those playing on 4k screens, but graphics don't make the game for me. I want to know if there is a change in performance. Is it going to be 60fps or more? I want to know those details. I don't care if graphics are better if they can't keep consistent performance. Until i see that, i'll just stick with getting a slim or something. We'll see. I won't benefit until i have a better wage for a tv.
4k Blu-ray support is something you'd thought would be a given, kinda questionable why it isn't

So i wasn't really impressed by the conference. Sure it's going to be good for those playing on 4k screens, but graphics don't make the game for me. I want to know if there is a change in performance. Is it going to be 60fps or more? I want to know those details. I don't care if graphics are better if they can't keep consistent performance. Until i see that, i'll just stick with getting a slim or something. We'll see. I won't benefit until i have a better wage for a tv.
4k Blu-ray support is something you'd thought would be a given, kinda questionable why it isn't

Totally agree. Graphics are the thing I care least about in games. I had hoped that with this current console generation, there would have been more emphasis on gameplay and more content, but the common trend has been making stuff prettier.

I think someone from Naughty Dog said that any multiplayer games' frame rate will be locked to avoid Pro players having an advantage. But, at the same time, Sony have avoided talking about frame rates with this, because it probably won't show a noticeable difference. General consensus seems to be the games will still run at the same frame rate, just with 4K.

Honestly, I have zero interest in 4K or VR, so this console is a bust.

I am not happy after forking out £300 8 months ago for a PS4 only for a bigger shinier version to come out. The is zero chance I'm getting one. I will happily wait for the next gen consoles for true 4K gaming. It seems like an afterthought from Sony/ Microsoft.

So I've just ordered a PS4 Pro.

Basically I don't currently own a PS4 or an Xbox One. So I figured since the price difference isn't that large I may as well get the Pro system. Honestly though I don't have a 4k TV or HDR but I'm hoping the little extra power will allow a more stable framerate and slightly better looking games. Again since I wouldn't have to double dip for the system I figured i'm not crazy for buying a Pro.

I could do with some validation though, do you think I made the right choice? I wasn't going to buy an Xbox One either way but the lack of a UHD drive in the Pro is really disappointing/baffling honestly.

I mean if you had planned on getting a PS4 anyway then I see no reason why you wouldn't go for the Pro as long as you can afford it. I know some people mention that gameplay comes first (and I agree) but if you are getting the same gameplay regardless, why wouldn't you want it to look or run better? And besides, I would argue a higher or a more stable framerate also improves gameplay anyway, imagine how much more awesome Bloodborne would have been had it not ran like crap?

For me, if someone is a first time ps4 buyer it makes complete sense to go Pro, it's if it's worth upgrading that's the actual question for me and I'm thinking no just now, although I'll probably still do it because I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Back