PlayStation Experience 2016 Discussion Thread - December 3rd at 6PM

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
In the previous years we have witnessed some new video game announcements and some awesome out of nowhere reveals; like Suikoden II heading to PSN and Yakuza 5 coming to the west. It was also the same conference that unveiled Street Fighter V to the fans.

The 2016 conference begins at 6pm from December 3rd:

Yoshinori Ono is running around in a "When's Mahval" hoodie ;_; it's really happening, isn't it guys? (seriously, you can't NOT love Ono).

Not expecting a huge amount from this but I'll be watching it none the less (I think we may get to see Akuma gameplay in SFV....).

I've seen talk of gameplay footage of the new Ace Combat being shown for the first time, probably in with the VR stuff, so I'll be watching just for that.

EDIT: YESSSS! It's clearly set in strangereal again (thank god), and has the usual mix of real world gear with sci-fi craziness (was that an EMP cannon?).

Anyway, that's me done. I'll watch any highlights later.

Last edited:
So far:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy - standalone expansion for UC4

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite - 2017

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - NOW

WipEout Omega Collection - Summer 2017

Crash Bandicoot: N'Sane Trilogy - 2017

NieR Automata - March 7th 2017 - Demo coming this month

Ys Origin - Coming to PS4 & Vita on February 21st 2017

Yakuza Kiwami - PS4 on Summer 2017

Yakuza 6 - PS4 on Early 2018

Let It Die - PS4 Free to Play - Now

Wasn't already noted some months ago that there was going to be a squeal to The Last of Us. maybe the case they finally have a teaser trailer. I wonder if Ellie ever finds out she holds the cure

Suikoden II
I always remark with people how lucky we were to get a PAL release for the first two titles, top collectors items now. Though isn't it about time the third instalment was made available?

Any fellow Giant Bomb users here? The Windjammers announcement was surreal wasn't it?

Unfortunately, I missed it live, but I'll have to go back and see their live stream for Jeff's reaction. Wonder how much of a hand the guys had in getting this thing made at all. Like, did anyone know what Windjammers was until GB played it?

Speaking of Giant Bomb, Jeff won for best tweet of the conference re: The Last of Us Part II trailer

Wipeout Omega collection sounds great, shame Sony shut down studio Liverpool, it's one of the worst decisions they ever made. I'm a big fan of the series and it will look great on PS4

Looking forward to messing around with Akuma in SFV. He looks pretty good. 875 health though... whiff a DP against Ryu with super and you just lost 70% kek

Interested to see what some of the more sweeping changes will end up being. Some of the stuff coming out right now are only EX DPs have invincibility, anti-air jabs less effective across the board and less frame/positional advantage after throws. Interesting stuff.

Looking forward to the Crash remaster. The actual gameplay video looks much better than the trailer. Warped is one of my favourite games of all time, so if these play and feel just like the originals, but with fancy graphics and a nice framerate, I can't ask for more.

The Last of Us: Part II was not something I thought I wanted, but I am fairly convinced after that trailer. I have faith in Naughty Dog.

> Knack 2
Ha. Hahaha. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Back