PC game recommendations

Two of the best games I ever played and two of the few games I actually bothered to finish. The ending to the second game is the greatest.

WoW is a boring grind up to lvl 60 then spending 20 hours a week doing a dungeon for an item only to be piped for it at the end.

waste of time tbh

Ryo Chan said:
WoW is a boring grind up to lvl 60 then spending 20 hours a week doing a dungeon for an item only to be piped for it at the end.

waste of time tbh

She speaks the truth.

Also forgot the brilliant game that blurs the line between moive, graphic novel and game. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. best bullet time ever see in a game, a Good gripping plot, utterly beautiful graphics just smegging brilliant.
PS - Oblivion is good but needs a VERY powerful graphics card, Movies is good, but can be a little confusing the first few plays

I'd stear clear of RF online. Is good at first, but gets old fast, especially when you discover the so many things wrong with the game.

hopeful_monster said:
Also forgot the brilliant game that blurs the line between moive, graphic novel and game. Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. best bullet time ever see in a game, a Good gripping plot, utterly beautiful graphics just smegging brilliant.
N2V could probably just get that for X-Box... though it goes dirt cheap on Amazon Marketplace (£5) and is argueably the way you're supposed to play it...

kupoartist said:
N2V could probably just get that for X-Box... though it goes dirt cheap on Amazon Marketplace (??5) and is argueably the way you're supposed to play it...

Xbox over PC version anyday (except for more PC orientated titles). I might get Max Payne 2 as I have heard good things about it.

Anyway I just bought these titles for my PC:

Black & White
Alpha Centauri
Shogun Total War (no idea but it's a RTS and adds up for the 3 for ??10 at play.com!)
Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines (??6 cheapness)

I'll get some more 'classics' once I get more ?????? :D
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZERS

neptune2venus said:
Black & White
Alpha Centauri
Shogun Total War (no idea but it's a RTS and adds up for the 3 for £10 at play.com!)
Vampire Masquerade: Bloodlines (£6 cheapness)
You got the original Black & White?

... good luck with that one. Good old lionhead were always all talk and no balls.

X^2. Great game, although you need a joystick to fully enjoy it. X has so many elements to it, depending on how you like to play. It can be played as a trading sim, a filght sim, a space battler, an RTS, all sorts.

kupoartist said:
... good luck with that one. Good old lionhead were always all talk and no balls.

Clearly the optimist as always. :wink:
I know how Lionhead hypes up their games to God-like levels when it's actually just merely 'good'. I had to buy Fable twice on the Xbox due to them releasing lost chapters! Black and White was only ??3, surely worth a play for that - even if it's all talk. :)
________
South American Recipes

X^2. Great game, although you need a joystick to fully enjoy it. X has so many elements to it, depending on how you like to play. It can be played as a trading sim, a filght sim, a space battler, an RTS, all sorts.

pfft X is just Eve online for people who can't afford it :p

Ryo Chan said:
pfft X is just Eve online for people who can't afford it :p

So you're saying that X2 is as good as Eve Online but without being shafted every month for a subscription charge? :twisted:

no i saying its just the eve game engine against AI and without player interaction that makes the game worth while

whats the point in crushing your enemys if you can't gloat at them :p

Ryo Chan said:
no i saying its just the eve game engine against AI and without player interaction that makes the game worth while

whats the point in crushing your enemys if you can't gloat at them :p

I know, I was being sarc... nevermind.

In any case, I was always more of a Freespace fan. Fresspace 2 was probably the best space combat game ever made (yes, I do rate it better than X-wing / Tie Fighter). You'd be very hard pressed to find it these days though.

Back