Passed my driving test!!

Congratz!

I passed my test in February (first time with 3 minor faults). I guess I got lucky on the maneuvers section i.e. I didn't have to parallel park. I also managed 34 out of 35 on the theory test. I think the fact I'm 23 helped, if I went through all of it at 17 no doubt I would have been so much more nervous!

The trick is to stay calm and perhaps more importantly, project positive body language and seem in control of the car. As long as the examiner feels safe (mine was an old lady with a mustache!) they'll likely pass you.

Paul said:
Congratz!

I passed my test in February (first time with 3 minor faults). I guess I got lucky on the maneuvers section i.e. I didn't have to parallel park. I also managed 34 out of 35 on the theory test. I think the fact I'm 23 helped, if I went through all of it at 17 no doubt I would have been so much more nervous!

The trick is to stay calm and perhaps more importantly, project positive body language and seem in control of the car. As long as the examiner feels safe (mine was an old lady with a mustache!) they'll likely pass you.

Mines was an old man who sat looking out the window half the time :lol:

Just wait till you first get pulled by the fuzz, that's another cherry you'll have to pop.

Paul said:
Congratz!

Yeah they keep drumming the 'safety first' thing into you at every opportunity possible.

I got parallel parking (which I aced this time, got failed for on my 3rd attempt) and left reverse (which I miss judged first go but safely brought it forward and had another attempt which I got right).

Also I managed to get 4 different test instructors, I was aiming to get-em-all but I passed too early :p.

Did you get refunds everytime you failed? I passed my car first time but my bike test I kept mucking up on, so I used to write letters to the DVLA complaining about the test and they refunded me everytime I failed.

McIcy said:
Did you get refunds everytime you failed? I passed my car first time but my bike test I kept mucking up on, so I used to write letters to the DVLA complaining about the test and they refunded me everytime I failed.

Umm no.

Xelis said:
McIcy said:

Umm no.

Fool, claim anything after failing, and you'll get a refund as they never check. I claimed the examiner insulted me by calling me useless and asking if I'd ever been taught to drive? Ka-Ching money back in bank

McIcy said:
Xelis said:
McIcy said:

Umm no.

Fool, claim anything after failing, and you'll get a refund as they never check. I claimed the examiner insulted me by calling me useless and asking if I'd ever been taught to drive? Ka-Ching money back in bank

You're a genious.

Hyaku said:
McIcy said:
Xelis said:
McIcy said:

Umm no.

You're a genious.

No just an everyday guy who hates spending money

McIcy said:
Hyaku said:
McIcy said:
Xelis said:
McIcy said:

Umm no.

You're a genious.

No just an everyday guy who hates spending money

That's what Spiderman says, and we all know he's a lying bastard. :lol:

lust_for_blood said:
Congratulations! i am turning 17 tomorrow and have my first lesson at 3! (so keep off the roads in essex lol)

So glad I live no where near you. Don't forget to tell us what went wrong......

On my first lesson I drove my instructors car into a thorn/bramble bush, wouldn't have been so bad if his arm hadn't been out the window at the time, poor bloke

McIcy said:
lust_for_blood said:
Congratulations! i am turning 17 tomorrow and have my first lesson at 3! (so keep off the roads in essex lol)

So glad I live no where near you. Don't forget to tell us what went wrong......

On my first lesson I drove my instructors car into a thorn/bramble bush, wouldn't have been so bad if his arm hadn't been out the window at the time, poor bloke

lol, I never managed to do anything like that. Closest I came was on my second test I tried to go round a roundabout with an on coming car, that was around 100 yards from finishing the test :(.

Back