Pani Poni Dash!

Unit 0

Magical Girl
Pani Poni Dash! is a hilarious show about an 11 year old named Miyamoto Rebecca or 'Becky' who becomes the new teacher where the students are all pretty wierd and wacky. The characters are all really interesting especially Himiko, whos ahoge gives her hyper-active powers. Becky's sidekick is a white rabbit who is funny but at the same time a character you feel sorry for as he seems so fragile (and unable to hold things as he has no fingers :() The episodes I have seen so far have all been pretty wacky ranging from 'Becky' removing Himiko's ahoge (and the disaster that occurs as a result of it) to a camping trip which sees the students encounter missiles being launched.

The other characters include a teacher who rarely seems to be without a hangover, another teacher in the form of a slightly perverted old man, a whole load of wacky classmates and a wierd cat who lives in drinks machines and likes all drinks to be body temperature.

I find it really funny and very enjoyable, there are loads of references to other anime such as Vampire Hunter D and Astro Boy, as well as Kill Bill. However its probably not an anime you should take to seriously mainly as its just fun and wacky. The opening and closing music is good too and will deffinately be something you will hum from time to time as well.

So if you haven't seen it I would deffinately recommend it to anyone who likes wacky hilarious anime. Look out for it on fansub.

I've seen episodes 1-4 and I've been really enjoying it. It has so many funny moments but also has some moments that I don't understand (i.e. parodies from other animes) and there is sometimes too much to read in the fansub so I have to pause quite a lot, but it's well worth it. ^_^

Chibi Yosho said:
I've seen episodes 1-4 and I've been really enjoying it. It has so many funny moments but also has some moments that I don't understand (i.e. parodies from other animes) and there is sometimes too much to read in the fansub so I have to pause quite a lot, but it's well worth it. ^_^

Yeah there are quite a few references to anime that haven't really been released over here.

Watched the first episode of this and wasn't very impressed. 90% of anime doesn't make my high grade cut! This is one of them ;)

I tried to like it, but it wasn't very funny. I must have weird tastes. But I highly recommend Gokujou Seitokai and Sensei no Ojikan (Doki Doki School Hours) for your school-setting comedy. :p
________
METH REHAB DICUSSION

Back