[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Sentai US September 2021 line-up.

There are no limited editions or steelbooks scheduled for this batch.

New releases:

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Girls und Panzer das Finale Part 1FilmBlu-ray
14th​
$19.98​
English
Japanese​
Magical Girl SiteTV: 1-12Blu-ray
14th​
$59.98​
Japanese​

Re-releases:

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
Dusk Maiden of AmnesiaTV: 1-12 & OVABlu-ray
21st​
$59.98​
English
Japanese​
Re-authored
No OSTs this time.
Heaven's Memo PadTV: 1-12Blu-ray
7th​
$59.98​
English
Japanese​
Re-authored
Made in Abyss Theatrical Collection​
Films: 1-3Blu-ray
21st​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
To Love Ru Darkness 2​
TV: 1-14Blu-ray
28th​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
Now includes Dub

Last edited:
There are older English dubs (East Asian dub of series, Streamline Pictures dubs of two compilation films), but GKIDS will likely be using the new English dub that was commissioned by the Japanese rightsholders for international distribution.

GKIDS have acquired the North American rights to release Hayao Miyazaki's 26 episode 1978 Future Boy Conan series. They'll be using the 4K restoration masters and provide an English dub. Scheduled for release in late 2021.

That's wonderful! I do hope they will release it in the UK as well, if not I will import (though I will give it some time to see what happens on that front before importing as I'd rather support a UK release if it is done to a high standard/good QC) :)

There are older English dubs (East Asian dub of series, Streamline Pictures dubs of two compilation films), but GKIDS will likely be using the new English dub that was commissioned by the Japanese rightsholders for international distribution.
has the east asian Dub seen the Light of Day anywhere in recent years ? or the streamline pictures dub for that Matter ?

has the east asian Dub seen the Light of Day anywhere in recent years ? or the streamline pictures dub for that Matter ?
No idea about East Asian dub. Wikipedia regarding Streamline dub
14 years later in 1992, Streamline Pictures licensed the anime along with Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water from NHK. Streamline Pictures dubbed the film compilations of the series Future Boy Conan (1979) and Future Boy Conan: The Big Giant Robot's Resurrection (1984) for Japan Airlines. Streamline was planning to release the two film in North America on VHS, but the estate of Alexander Key became aware. The Key estate issued a cease and desist letter, threatening a lawsuit if Future Boy Conan ever got a US release. This resulted in Streamline Pictures giving the rights back to NHK. As of 2021, the show and the film compilations still had not been released to the US market.

Back