[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Funimation US August 2021 line-up.

There are no limited editions or steelbooks scheduled for this batch.

New releases:

AnimeContentFormatDatePriceAudioNotes
DECA-DENCETV: 1-12Blu-ray
17th​
$64.98​
English
Japanese​
Fire Force Season 2 Part 1TV: 1-12Blu-ray & DVD
3rd​
$64.98​
English
Japanese​
KakushigotoTV: 1-12Blu-ray
31st​
$64.98​
English
Japanese​
Lapis Re:LiGHTsTV: 1-12Blu-ray
10th​
$64.98​
Japanese​
No Slipcase
Show By Rock!! Mashumairesh!!TV: 1-12Blu-ray & DVD
24th​
$64.98​
English
Japanese​

Re-releases:

A Certain Magical Index II​
TV: 1-24Blu-ray
17th​
$34.98​
English
Japanese​
Essentials
One Piece Collection 27​
TV: 642-667Blu-ray & DVD
10th​
$39.98​
English
Japanese​
DVD-sized
The Tatami GalaxyTV: 1-11Blu-ray
10th​
$49.98​
Japanese​
Classics
Ultimate Otaku TeacherTV: 1-24Blu-ray
10th​
$34.98​
English
Japanese​
Essentials

Kinda sad Deca-dence didn't have a CE of some kind. It was one of my favourite series last year and has the potential to have had some tat for its release.

the first wave of the battle of hoping Iruma getting a blu-ray release is over i guess

now the second wave begins in hoping AL or MVM get it over here

now we just need to wait for Gabbu and Jashin to get blu-ray releases

No the department of justice is still investigating if it breaches monopoly rules
It'll be curious to see what their decision is. At the very least I know when I think of the major anime streaming services, the big players I think of are Crunchyroll and Funimation. So when put together, what other major competition do they even have?

It'll be curious to see what their decision is. At the very least I know when I think of the major anime streaming services, the big players I think of are Crunchyroll and Funimation. So when put together, what other major competition do they even have?

The problem is if they're just looking at it broadly then you have the likes of Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc who all have anime. And just big platforms like those having some anime might be enough to prove there is competition (no matter how unrealistic that is to those of us who understand how these things work)

The problem is if they're just looking at it broadly then you have the likes of Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc who all have anime. And just big platforms like those having some anime might be enough to prove there is competition (no matter how unrealistic that is to those of us who understand how these things work)

That's what I'm worried about. There's a clear difference between a streaming service that has an anime section and a dedicated anime streaming service that already tend to have a lot of the big names of each anime season on their platform.

Sentai FILMWORKS has licenced Wit Studio's Vinland Saga.
Not a surprise considering they managed to license all of the Twin Engine titles that were streaming on Amazon Prime, so that's now all of them sorted.

However, what's interesting is that unlike the other titles, this one doesn't specify any territories. So it wouldn't surprise me if AL has acquired it.

Sentai FILMWORKS has licenced Wit Studio's Vinland Saga.
I really do hope they get some European sounding VAs for the dub. I don't know what would be weirder the Japanese dub (it was weird enough watching the simulcast, especially the scene where an English lady was trying to speak to Thorfinn who only spoke Norse, but both were speaking in Japanese!) or American sounding Vikings!

Sentai is going to release a Premium Edition for Vineland Saga? Yes!! I definitely will be blind-buying the PE, for sure! I haven't seen a single episode of the series because Amazon Prime, but I can easily tell it will be my kind of anime.

Sentai US August 2021 line-up.

There are no limited editions or steelbooks scheduled for this batch. Also included is Gakko***SCHOOL-LIVE! Another Story live-action OVA series.

New releases:

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI the MovieFilmBlu-ray
10th​
$29.98​
Japanese​
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU ClimaxTV: 1-12Blu-ray
24th​
$69.98​
English
Japanese​
VINLAND SAGATV: 1-24Blu-ray
31st​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​
LE Coming Soon

Re-releases:

Maoyu ~ Archenemy & Hero​
TV: 1-12Blu-ray
3rd​
$49.98​
Japanese​
2 discs now.
Maria Holic Seasons 1 & 2​
TV: 1-24Blu-ray
17th​
$89.98​
English
Japanese​

Last edited:
Looking at the info for Sentai’s release of World Trigger...if you want to watch the whole thing dubbed then you are out of luck.
9A51D8D9-9383-4075-A566-005389ECF180.png
Luckily I watch my anime subtitled.

Back